Bike stand

• Thread starter Deleted member 2899
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2899

My first real post so be gentle :). Can anyone recommend a reasonably priced bike stand? I don't want a fully featured expensive maintenance stand but rather something that I can get the back wheel off the ground for washing and chain lubing as a minimum, if it will hold the whole bike, even better. I ask because my new Trek Powerfly is heavy and I'm not sure that some of the ones I see advertised will be sturdy enough.

Alan

OldBean

E*POWAH Elite
Patreon
Apr 28, 2018
East anglia
This DIY jobbie cost about £2. Made from scrap.
Decoration by grandchildren .....work in progress
My bike has never been cleaner.

C54743E8-1BF6-41EB-8462-B2E99E26F931.jpeg

C18F3CD7-1453-4938-B6E1-28221D32BF58.jpeg

D

Deleted member 2899

Absolutely loads of threads on this topic have been posted already - take a gander at these search results...

Search results for query: bike stand
Thank you for responding, albeit it in a slightly disapproving manner. I did a search. It showed lots and lots of similar questions but not too many answers. I don't see any harm in asking again. Things move on and things change and a problem with historical threads is that any links are often no longer valid. If we can't keep asking similar questions even though they have been asked in the past I'm not too sure that I can see the point of the forum.

Alan

MattyB

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jul 11, 2018
Herts, UK
Thank you for responding, albeit it in a slightly disapproving manner. I did a search. It showed lots and lots of similar questions but not too many answers. I don't see any harm in asking again. Things move on and things change and a problem with historical threads is that any links are often no longer valid. If we can't keep asking similar questions even though they have been asked in the past I'm not too sure that I can see the point of the forum.

Alan
Nothing disapproving about my post, simply pointing out that search exists and there are loads of posts on bike stands in the forum already. Many newcomers don't realise this and post a question that has been asked tens of times already, wasting their time and everyone elses. You are right that on some topics things move on, but for something like bike stands the rate of technological innovation is significantly slower than glacial... ;)

Short answer - pretty much anything will do the job even for the heaviest ebike; the only ones I would avoid are the two legs at 90 degrees type. They are still plenty strong enough, but not as stable if they get knocked. YMMV.

Last edited:

Akiwi

🐸 Kermit Elite 🐸
Feb 6, 2019
Olching, Germany
For years I have used a cheap bike stand which was wobbly, and difficult to mount / unmount my bike. When I got an e-bike, and was forced to get one for my wife as well I decided to upgrade.
I went for the Park-tool pcs 10 Got it for a reasnoble price at chain reactions or somewhere. Look around. Like all tools, it pays to invest a bit more than is comfortable.

D

Deleted member 2899

I use this smallish stand. Suitable as a stand and for lubing the chain, but hard to mount at times and can wobble. I have 2 of them and would purchase again.
Ibera stand
That's the sort of thing (price wise that is) that I;m looking for. Cheers.

Stevfro99

Oct 18, 2018
Huddersfield

Alan
Well said, some right whoppers on here. Always feel like its a competition between who has the most techy bullshit chat. Gets boring reading half the crap they put. Meant to be all in this together. Good luck finding something as I'm also looking for the same

MattyB

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jul 11, 2018
Herts, UK
Well said, some right whoppers on here. Always feel like its a competition between who has the most techy bullshit chat. Gets boring reading half the crap they put. Meant to be all in this together.
To (mis)quote my colleague above, thank you for responding, albeit in a way that singularly failed to inform the OP on the topic he posted about. At least I put up a link that might help and my own recommendation on what to look for; not quite sure how either constitutes “tech bullshit”, but there you go.

Ps - This is a technical sport; if you don’t like people talking about the tech and how best to set it up then I’m not sure you are going to enjoy this forum. And “all in this together”, really? This is an Internet forum about bikes, not High School bloody Musical*... ;):ROFLMAO:

* - Yes, I have two primary age daughters and the bleeding ears to show for it...

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles