Status
Not open for further replies.

Kev Henson

Sep 6, 2018
Leicestershire
Well the 5500 arrived today and definitely has no barometer but for the price it's OK, it runs blevo and screen is pretty good, android doesn't run as smoothly as it does on my s9 if I wanted it for anything other than the bike I'd probably pick another make, the back is pretty flat but still has a rubber feel to it so don't think I'd want to trust a stuck on type of mount
20190213_220544.jpg

jcmonty

Sep 5, 2018
California
Quick question :

I am hoping t run this app with my 2019 kenevo and to tie in my Apple Watch (series 2) heart rate. Phone is iPhone 7 plus

I have enabled the watch per instructions, but it seems that I am only getting intermittent and/or erroneous heart rate infor. I have only pedaled around my yard but the hr will displayed 81 bpm or nothing at all. I checked on the watch while simultaneously running the app , and my hr was changing on the watch.

Any thoughts? Thank you!

Dee Scee

Dec 21, 2018
Berkeley
I am an addicted ios user too but I just bought the BV6000 and Android app where they just act as a display (and nothing more) so it doesn’t act like a phone. The display acts completely offline. I have no simcard inserted and downloaded offline maps. So next to the display I just take my iphone with me too.
This. I too am only using the bv6000 as my bike monitor / navigation tool.

Dee Scee

Dec 21, 2018
Berkeley
Any advantage of using a BV6000 vs iPhone 6s? I have an old iPhone 6s and it looks like the BV6000 prices have risen over the past few days.
Besides what Maastricht pointed out about comparability with blevo, the bv6000 has a bigger, longer lasting battery, brighter screen, is way more rugged and has superior GPS connection. (Russian pangloss satellite system also) the downside is that android is garbage compared to iOS so, there's some frustration there, but it's a fully functioning little computer on your bars (as opposed to a garmin)

Maastricht

E*POWAH Master
Oct 3, 2018
M
For those with iOS devices, do you use the phone or bike GPS with BLEvo?

Hi Stumpy, when I rode with my iphone I used the gps of my iphone. Levo's with on board gps do not exist yet according to my opinion. Current TCU doesn't contain a GPS but I believe there will be released a TCU with on board GPS function in future time. I am not sure what the intention of Specialized will be. Anti-theft, speed limit restriction (based on global bike location), navigation, analytics function, etc.?

Last edited:

xcentric

Feb 2, 2019
Market Drayton
Will Blevo work with 2019 Bikes??
Well, depends on what you mean. Yes it will do all the logging of data and comprehensive displays. However I suspect most people come to it because it can be used to change the wheel circumference on 2018 bikes and so circumvent the speed restriction. This will not work for 2019 bikes.

Drburns

Nov 22, 2018
USA
Quick question :

I am hoping t run this app with my 2019 kenevo and to tie in my Apple Watch (series 2) heart rate. Phone is iPhone 7 plus

I have enabled the watch per instructions, but it seems that I am only getting intermittent and/or erroneous heart rate infor. I have only pedaled around my yard but the hr will displayed 81 bpm or nothing at all. I checked on the watch while simultaneously running the app , and my hr was changing on the watch.

Any thoughts? Thank you!

I’m having the same issue. It constantly reads 77 bpm. I’m not sure why it doesn’t work anymore. It was working well a few months ago.

Maastricht

E*POWAH Master
Oct 3, 2018
M
Well, depends on what you mean. Yes it will do all the logging of data and comprehensive displays. However I suspect most people come to it because it can be used to change the wheel circumference on 2018 bikes and so circumvent the speed restriction. This will not work for 2019 bikes.

Not 100% correct according to my information. It will work with a 2019 Levo which contains the original firmware version 2.019. However firmware 2.025 and 2.026 (which I currently have) are not able to be changed by BLEvo as the wheel circumference setting is changed to read only by Specialized due to liability reasons.

Although BLEvo is known for its historical speed limit adjustment I am still an enthousiastic user as there are many more features and benefits compared to MC of which Rob showed the advantages in his latest video. For only €9,99 I am really happy with it especially compared to Mission Control.

xcentric

Feb 2, 2019
Market Drayton
Not 100% correct according to my information. It will work with a 2019 Levo which contains the original firmware version 2.019. However firmware 2.025 and 2.026 (which I currently have) are not able to be changed by BLEvo as the wheel circumference setting is changed to read only by Specialized due to liability reasons.

Although BLEvo is known for its historical speed limit adjustment I am still an enthousiastic user as there are many more features and benefits compared to MC of which Rob showed the advantages in his latest video. For only €9,99 I am really happy with it especially compared to Mission Control.

Do you know if it's possible to refer to earlier versions of the firmware?

Maastricht

E*POWAH Master
Oct 3, 2018
M
Do you know if it's possible to refer to earlier versions of the firmware?

According to my knowledge only 2.019 was the earliest version which has been shipped to dealers. In 2.019 walk assist and shuttle mode were not working 100% optimal yet.

ccrdave

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 16, 2018
uk
i use one of these
it will mount on the bars or in place of the top cap and you can get purpose fit cases for some phones and a universal rubber mount for any phone, I use this with a splashproof motorola G5
works really well and you can have the phone in landscape or portrait position just by twisting it on the mount.
you can get an adapter to mount garmin as well

Drburns

Nov 22, 2018
USA
Paolo,

I noticed yesterday that the Apple Watch no longer works at all with BLEvo. It shows that it’s connected, but it doesn’t record the hr. It actually shows that’s it’s connected and my watch is not with me. Could this be a glitch with one of the newer versions of BLEvo?

Last edited:

PaoloBLEvo

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
Paolo,

I noticed yesterday that the Apple Watch no longer works at all with BLEvo. It shows that it’s connected, but it doesn’t record the hr. It actually shows that’s it’s connected and my watch is not with me. Could this be a glitch with one of the newer versions of BLEvo?
I didn't change nothing.. I will check.. maybe some ios update has broken something..

Status
Not open for further replies.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles