Radon Swoop Hybrid 9.0 First Look

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
The Radon Swoop Hybrid 9.0 is a direct to consumer bike from Bike-Discount.de. It’s a pretty killer spec for the money (€3999 / £3600) with Fox 36 170mm forks, Fox DPX2 160mm shock, XT drivetrain and the Bosch Performance CX Motor. Check out the first look video and expect a full review coming soon.

Continue reading...

Last edited:

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
Pics

DSCF0992.jpg

DSCF0984.jpg

DSCF0982-Edit.jpg

DSCF0977-Edit.jpg

DSCF0970-Edit-2.jpg

ggx

Dec 10, 2018
Sintra
Looks good, exept ...
Looks like it has a mud/debries reservatory over the motor!? :eek::cool:
Maybe they could have done a better motor frame integration.

MattyB

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jul 11, 2018
Herts, UK
Looks good, exept ...
Looks like it has a mud/debries reservatory over the motor!? :eek::cool:
Maybe they could have done a better motor frame integration.
Hadn’t noticed that initially, but you are right; not the best bit of design, though far from unsolvable with a bit of workshop hacking. I like almost everything else on this bike except the chainstay length - it’s an enormous 499mm on all sizes. Sadly that’s the issue with the current CX motor - it’s just too big to achieve geo similar to the best Shimano and Brose bikes. Hopefully they will address this with a new version of the motor later this year.

Last edited:

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
Hadn’t noticed that initially, but you are right; not the best bit of design, though far from unsolvable with a bit of workshop hacking. I like almost everything else on this bike except the chainstay length - it’s an enormous 499mm on all sizes. Sadly that’s the key issue with the current CX - it’s just too big to package and get geo similar to the best Shimano and Brose bikes.
I'm going to take it to bike park wales to test it. I'll let you know how it feels with that long chainstay.

billwarwick

E*POWAH Elite
Oct 1, 2018
warwick
Perhaps the idea is that it fills with mud and then you can plant some spuds in it. On the plus side, I think the red and black colour scheme looks stunning

Mabman

Feb 28, 2018
Oregon USA
In a way it kind of reminds me of the Alibaba faux bar that sells on there for under two grand but this version with a Bafang M600 is listed @ $3500 which I consider personally to be way too much. Better spec on the Radon for sure so not apples to apples but similar cs length.

AT_M600.jpg

Models like the Radon, the bikes direct HAL and the Fezzari bikes, which have more updated geo's, are pointing the way towards e econo trail bikes and that is a good thing in case you want to buy two bikes for the price of one. It will be interesting to see your ride report.

Wiltshire Warrior

E*POWAH Master
Jul 3, 2018
Poole
3600 as a staring full price for this is good, providing that in a few months it will available with a third off like Rutland do on 'Dales.

It needs a skid plate. But everything else looks good,

Have fun getting it dirty

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
I really like the look of the bike, one of my favourites to date - I am not such a fan of built in batteries, because for me they make bikes look bloated, I prefer the look of a well integrated external battery.

MattyB

Jul 11, 2018
Herts, UK

Really interested in your conclusions @Rob Hancill; certainly a surprise given those huge chainstays. Seems like a pretty godd bike for the dosh.

PS - Where would the Thok Mig of a few weeks ago rate on the (patent pending) Eebometer of fun-lue :ROFLMAO:?

1553097024324.png

I do prefer the Shimano motor and shorter chainstays of that bike, at least on paper...

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles