Post your Merida eMTB pics here!

MegaGroganX

Feb 24, 2018
Waikato, New Zealand
Spring time in NZ - I no longer have the bike, worst decision ever selling it - apparently we needed a new kitchen....?

IMAG1141.jpg

Kernow

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
Cornwall uk
Sidewall cut , stepped on a broken bottle, it's a good thing I had a needle and fishing line ? View attachment 5491 View attachment 5492

View attachment 5491

What I brilliant idea sewing the tyre up , I would imagine some glue or patch behind that and it’s going to seal up without a tube . Not so easy if it’s a torn off knob I guess but still doable .
I think we need a tyre repair thread , Iam seeing so many simple ideas that would really get you out of trouble

Rallysaloon

Oct 6, 2018
Uk
At last I received my Merida ordered on 6th of June :)
Picked it up yesterday and just did from store to house on it.

The pics on nature are at halfway store to home, and the photos at home are for the changes I did on the bike.
View attachment 3390 View attachment 3391 View attachment 3392 View attachment 3393 View attachment 3394 View attachment 3395
New eBike ´specific saddle, ordered this from Canyon website (this is the one that comes on Canyon Spectral:ON eBike although this is the Woman's version - don't know if I ordered wrong or they sent wrong - I will try it to see how I feel on it).
View attachment 3396

ShockWiz set for Fox 36 fork tuning.
Also possible to see on the lower part of the head tube the Invisiframe kit I put at night on the bike and fork (more than 4h hard work!!!).
View attachment 3397

Front DT Swiss HX1501 29" wheel with
Maxxis Minion DHF 29x2.5 tyre
View attachment 3398

That's it for now. Later today I'll hit the trails near home :)
Hope you like it :)

One more change that I want to do on the Merida... but it will be a not easy and fast project.
It seems quite obvious for me looking closely to the connection between motor and frame (specially the frame at the front of the motor) that Merida intended to do a skid plate below the motor for protection. Why they didn't include that skid plate I don't know but I think that maybe something can be made to use the base that merida left on the frame for it. I will soon post some pics of why I say this to see what you guys think.
At last I received my Merida ordered on 6th of June :)
Picked it up yesterday and just did from store to house on it.

The pics on nature are at halfway store to home, and the photos at home are for the changes I did on the bike.
View attachment 3390 View attachment 3391 View attachment 3392 View attachment 3393 View attachment 3394 View attachment 3395
New eBike ´specific saddle, ordered this from Canyon website (this is the one that comes on Canyon Spectral:ON eBike although this is the Woman's version - don't know if I ordered wrong or they sent wrong - I will try it to see how I feel on it).
View attachment 3396

ShockWiz set for Fox 36 fork tuning.
Also possible to see on the lower part of the head tube the Invisiframe kit I put at night on the bike and fork (more than 4h hard work!!!).
View attachment 3397

Front DT Swiss HX1501 29" wheel with
Maxxis Minion DHF 29x2.5 tyre
View attachment 3398

That's it for now. Later today I'll hit the trails near home :)
Hope you like it :)

One more change that I want to do on the Merida... but it will be a not easy and fast project.
It seems quite obvious for me looking closely to the connection between motor and frame (specially the frame at the front of the motor) that Merida intended to do a skid plate below the motor for protection. Why they didn't include that skid plate I don't know but I think that maybe something can be made to use the base that merida left on the frame for it. I will soon post some pics of why I say this to see what you guys think.

Not sure if you have a guard for the motor yet but you can get one here: Merida E bike bash guard | eBay
Protects the motor, frame and chainring.

knut7

Administrator
Author
Subscriber
Apr 10, 2018
Norway
Hi, I saw your test if levo 2019 in specialized thread (you liked new levo). Now I see you posted picture of your eone sixty... So you prefer merida to levo 2019? Why? I am deciding between these 2 bikes. Any suggestions would help. Thank you.
Sorry, didn't catch your post until now. A bit late now I guess... I don't own either bikes, I've got them for testing. Currently got an e160 800 for a long term review. Swapping parts as people might tell from that photo.

Levo Lution

Oct 10, 2018
Slovakia
Sorry, didn't catch your post until now. A bit late now I guess... I don't own either bikes, I've got them for testing. Currently got an e160 800 for a long term review. Swapping parts as people might tell from that photo.
Not late, still have couple days left to decide... I can see that you are also experimenting with wheel sizes, any suggestions in that?

knut7

Administrator
Author
Subscriber
Apr 10, 2018
Norway
There's a huge price difference between the two bikes I've ridden. I did like to ride the Specialized because it was so stealth. I usually don't care about such things, but I couldn't help feeling good when riding a bike that didn't scream ebike. I also liked the 29er wheels, the bike both felt and was fast on my local descents.

But the Merida is way cheaper around here, and it works just as well. Specs aren't any worse really. And I need a plus bike for the winter season when I'm running Suomi Fat Freddie 3.0" studded. So if I got a 29er bike I would have to buy a second wheel set. Is it better to just buy a 29er front wheel for the Merida? Well, it's cheaper. And I'm starting to like the mixed wheel size ont the Merida. Make sure to get the handlebars low enough to get weight over the front wheel. Need to do more testing, but quite happy atm. It feels like a 29er going down hill.

Levo Lution

Oct 10, 2018
Slovakia
There's a huge price difference between the two bikes I've ridden. I did like to ride the Specialized because it was so stealth. I usually don't care about such things, but I couldn't help feeling good when riding a bike that didn't scream ebike. I also liked the 29er wheels, the bike both felt and was fast on my local descents.

But the Merida is way cheaper around here, and it works just as well. Specs aren't any worse really. And I need a plus bike for the winter season when I'm running Suomi Fat Freddie 3.0" studded. So if I got a 29er bike I would have to buy a second wheel set. Is it better to just buy a 29er front wheel for the Merida? Well, it's cheaper. And I'm starting to like the mixed wheel size ont the Merida. Make sure to get the handlebars low enough to get weight over the front wheel. Need to do more testing, but quite happy atm. It feels like a 29er going down hill.

Thanks for the answer. I test rode quickly both bikes and also liked quietness of levo. Kind of liked smaller 27,5+ better, I gues I prefer agility to velocity. One more question- og you also tested levo 2018, do you think that (not looking at difference in wheel size) 2019 is that much better? Majority at this forum says so without hesitation... Just asking, because have good deal on 2018. Another opinion would not hurt?

knut7

Administrator
Author
Subscriber
Apr 10, 2018
Norway
I think the agility doesn't suffer going from 27x2.8 to 29x2.4 on the Merida, both wheels weighing about the same. But that's just my initial impression, haven't taken it to a bike park yet. 29x2.6 might very well be less agile. I went from 27x2.8 to 27x2.6 on another bike and felt that improved steering precision, cornering ability at the bike park and agility. Unfortunately I never rode the old Levo, but judging by the geometry the new one looks more capable going down hill at speed. Going 27x2.6 on the old Levo should make it a pretty playful bike though... I assume...

Rallysaloon

Oct 6, 2018
Uk

Looks a great place to ride, just like my sort of terrain. If you fit one of the bash guards I make for the Merida you can bash your way over all those rocks and never damage the motor or chainring.

5035CC1D-F717-40BD-89FD-41997C5C22B2.jpeg

Janluke

Patreon
Dec 16, 2018
Scotland
Nice bike and pics. Since you've had your bike a year I'd love to hear your long term impressions. What Mods/Upgrades/Issues you've had.

Gordon

I've managed over 8000km this year with just under 6000km on this bike and the bike has been faultless other than consumables ie couple of sets of tyres and pads and one broken spoke. I bought a second battery so the load has been split between two batteries but both are still good with no noticeable drop in range. The bike gets a rinse off every ride with a lube spray on all the moving parts and a proper wash and lube once a week.

The charger packed up and was replaced under warranty

My rides tend to be 2-3 hours this time of year but up to 5 in the better weather(2 batteries)

Its quite simply the best bike I've ever ridden, it flatters my ability and enables me to ride routes I couldnt manage on a normal bike(I'm an amputee so sometime struggle with putting power down on the prosthesis side on a regular bike and the ebike solves this)

no upgrades so far but I sometimes feel I could do with better brakes

ChrisB NZ

Aug 21, 2018
Auckland, New Zealand
I've managed over 8000km this year with just under 6000km on this bike and the bike has been faultless other than consumables ie couple of sets of tyres and pads and one broken spoke. I bought a second battery so the load has been split between two batteries but both are still good with no noticeable drop in range. The bike gets a rinse off every ride with a lube spray on all the moving parts and a proper wash and lube once a week.

The charger packed up and was replaced under warranty

My rides tend to be 2-3 hours this time of year but up to 5 in the better weather(2 batteries)

Its quite simply the best bike I've ever ridden, it flatters my ability and enables me to ride routes I couldnt manage on a normal bike(I'm an amputee so sometime struggle with putting power down on the prosthesis side on a regular bike and the ebike solves this)

no upgrades so far but I sometimes feel I could do with better brakes

That's awesome Janluke. Wow! Great to know that the Meridas and Shimano Steps gear lasts! What about your chain? How many km's did you get out of that? They are great bikes. We just love ours.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles