Join Us! EMTB Forums December group ride, Afan Forest, Sunday 9th December

MarkH

Patreon
Aug 12, 2018
Manchester
As much as I like Afan, my vote would be Cwmcarn - Cafell into Twyrch climb then YMyndd descent as a loop, is epic on an ebike. Possibly one of the best circular routes in the UK. Wouldn't fancy it on an acoustic though.

Paul Mac

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Subscriber
Jul 9, 2018
Uk
As much as I like Afan, my vote would be Cwmcarn - Cafell into Twyrch climb then YMyndd descent as a loop, is epic on an ebike. Possibly one of the best circular routes in the UK. Wouldn't fancy it on an acoustic though.
Plus 1 for this ride?

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
Can we have a final location please? The secret squirrel stuff is pissing me off.

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
And they are taking AGES to reply... If anyone has a contact for anyone that deals with the trails there can they message me?!

Paul Mac

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Subscriber
Jul 9, 2018
Uk
And they are taking AGES to reply... If anyone has a contact for anyone that deals with the trails there can they message me?!
Rob, I don't think we would need anyones permission to ride there, the only information we need is if the Cafel trail is open, as it's been closed the last two times I have been there, but that was months ago.
You can still ride the Twyrch and a pretty good downhill track, but the Twyrch is only about 9 miles long.

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
Why would it be a problem anyway?
It likely wouldn't, but I wanted to check in and let them know (out of courtesy). I have started doing it for all the rides, to check they are OK. 40 ebikes at Swinley, they had to let the Crown Estate know (it can be seen as a 'commercial' thing with such big groups).... Just checking all the boxes...

Jun 10, 2018
United Kingdom
Rob, I don't think we would need anyones permission to ride there, the only information we need is if the Cafel trail is open, as it's been closed the last two times I have been there, but that was months ago.
You can still ride the Twyrch and a pretty good downhill track, but the Twyrch is only about 9 miles long.

Cafall is shut till March according to Trailforks.

Kangr

Patreon
Sep 14, 2018
Stoke on Trent
Just checked mtb wales and it says for the Cafall trail
13/09/18: TRAIL CLOSED Due to Forestry operations the trail is currently fully closed for around 6 months.

(I have no idea which trail is the good stuff down there)

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles