Pic of the Day

Tonybro

🦾 The Bionic Man 🦿
Subscriber
Jan 15, 2021
Lancashire
I broke my virginity yesterday! o_O

First time at Llandegla... ;)

Conditions superb if a little dusty... Not too busy, especially once on the far Reds and Blacks...

I did two loops and was wasted by the end. 28 miles, 3588ft an nearly 2000kCals.

My impression is very 'jumpy', lots of tables and rollers. Some not placed well. Gisburn whilst not having the same altitude is more technical (bike control) and tighter.

Will post the ubiquitous video in that well known thread once I've edited out all the boring bits.

LlandeglaRise01.jpg

LlandeglaRise02.jpg

Slymobi

E*POWAH Master
Mar 13, 2021
UK, Derbyshire
Did you find the gap jump over the stream at the bottom?

I wont do any of those features - too big for me.
Curious! What rating of a trail do you think ECP would be classed ?

im not familiar with trails and ratings but think i understand that they go Green, Blue, Red then Black in progression yes ?

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
North West Northumberland
I'm becoming addicted to this climb on the Deadwater Trail..very naughty as this particular section is graded as a black downhill (only )..but makes a great climb...so I only do it late afternoon when the majority of riders have gone home ..
It's punching above its weight as a 'black' ..it is very eroded and as fast as you dare go ..but that's about it ..

20220501_170721.jpg

It takes you to the top of Deadwater Fell..where sits a " shelter " ..God knows how much they paid this " internationally renowned architect" to design it ..but in my opinion it is utter shite and offers little to no protection at all from the elements ..they could have saved a fortune and just put a hut up there which would have had more functionality..and probably cost a good few £k less
Anyway rant over ..I saw this strutting peacock while there
20220501_172112.jpg
20220501_172600.jpg
20220501_172433.jpg
20220501_173005.jpg

The view( s) though from the top on a clear day are pretty magnificent..although if you arrive via the correct route its a slog on the fireroad
This is Cheviot ..mentioned on the blurb ( magnified pic ) ..and a good 20 miles away
20220501_173035.jpg

I started the recording from the base of the climb but started the ride from the trailhead in Kielder ..a nice end to my bank holiday weekend as I'm working tomorrow..🙂
Screenshot_20220501-200115_Outdooractive.jpg

Last edited:

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
I still can’t wrap my head around the stone-work and fences. We don’t see that here. It’s impressive.
The building of dry-stone walls started when early farmers needed to clear land of the rubble left by the retreating glaciers. It made sense not to transport them too far and to stack them in some way to reduce the footprint. The idea of a wall soon took over, creating fields. The wall serves as a marker, a barrier to the animals kept in the field and as a shelter for them when the cold and wet winds were howling across the landscape. Dry stone walls also act as a safe habitat for small birds and animals, although that would not have been the objective at the time of building. Dry stone walls are harder to construct than it would appear and classes are given even today. If not maintained, dry stone walls can deteriorate eventually, although they will last for many hundreds of years (I'm betting on thousands of years).

PS: I am not an expert on dry stone walls, but I grew up in a part of the UK where there are many thousands of miles of them and I picked up knowledge "by osmosis" (ie unconsciously).

Juggy1985

Apr 28, 2022
United Kingdom
Did the full Cannock Chase with my son yesterday, hes only 10 and so proud of him, he hasnt got an ebike and its an extremely tough pedally trail for your average and below. He had some terrible off’s too but still finished with with a smile. Though he said its only a once a year thing (the full loop) which is fair enough proper warrior.

A2D96B01-AAE1-4F5D-A433-41D848A424CD.jpeg

20559CB6-B650-4DAD-9703-1D11894DE850.jpeg

billwarwick

E*POWAH Elite
Oct 1, 2018
warwick
I'm becoming addicted to this climb on the Deadwater Trail..very naughty as this particular section is graded as a black downhill (only )..but makes a great climb...so I only do it late afternoon when the majority of riders have gone home ..
It's punching above its weight as a 'black' ..it is very eroded and as fast as you dare go ..but that's about it ..

View attachment 87316
It takes you to the top of Deadwater Fell..where sits a " shelter " ..God knows how much they paid this " internationally renowned architect" to design it ..but in my opinion it is utter shite and offers little to no protection at all from the elements ..they could have saved a fortune and just put a hut up there which would have had more functionality..and probably cost a good few £k less
Anyway rant over ..I saw this strutting peacock while there View attachment 87317 View attachment 87318 View attachment 87319 View attachment 87320
The view( s) though from the top on a clear day are pretty magnificent..although if you arrive via the correct route its a slog on the fireroad
This is Cheviot ..mentioned on the blurb ( magnified pic ) ..and a good 20 miles away
View attachment 87322
I started the recording from the base of the climb but started the ride from the trailhead in Kielder ..a nice end to my bank holiday weekend as I'm working tomorrow..🙂
View attachment 87323
Have you ever considered a career in catalogue modelling?
Have you ever met anyone coming down the trail whilst you are going up?

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
North West Northumberland
😂😂..that boat left a long time ago and sank without trace before the sails were raised ...
As it happens there were three riders who appeared at the top while I was there having been good lads and gone up the correct way ..but it was a holiday weekend with more folks around than normal ..
It's a fairly straight but steep section with no hidden corners so you would see any riders heading down long before they crept up on you ..

The EMF

🔱 Aquaman 🔱
Subscriber
Nov 4, 2020
South East Northumberland
Did the full Cannock Chase with my son yesterday, hes only 10 and so proud of him, he hasnt got an ebike and its an extremely tough pedally trail for your average and below. He had some terrible off’s too but still finished with with a smile. Though he said its only a once a year thing (the full loop) which is fair enough proper warrior.

View attachment 87378
View attachment 87379

rather an open space to take a dump !
And you could have taken the time to prop your vet expensive looking Ebike upon that fallen fence 🥴🤙

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles