Tori's Trails

Tori

Apr 1, 2018
Australia
Hey guys, I'm a recent convert to eMTB's - and I pick up my new Turbo Levo tomorrow . . . though I have to do so after work and I'll barely get a chance to ride it until Thursday. Anyway, I tend to make a few videos of my experiences and I thought I would share. I'm just doing this for a bit of fun, but hopefully some of the content is entertaining.

I did a short review of a 2017 Turbo Levo last week :

cheekynuke

Apr 3, 2018
Buckinghamshire
Great video's. It's nice to see how much fun these things are and hear other peoples real world experiences. I'm excited for you picking up your new bike. I'm seriously thinking of the Ebike conversation and looking at the Levo comp carbon. I'm organising a 48 hour demo ride. Let us know how you get on. Good luck tomorrow. Exciting times !

Shane’s1000rr

Apr 4, 2018
County Durham
Hey guys, I'm a recent convert to eMTB's - and I pick up my new Turbo Levo tomorrow . . . though I have to do so after work and I'll barely get a chance to ride it until Thursday. Anyway, I tend to make a few videos of my experiences and I thought I would share. I'm just doing this for a bit of fun, but hopefully some of the content is entertaining.

I did a short review of a 2017 Turbo Levo last week :
Looks a fantastic trail

Tori

Apr 1, 2018
Australia
Great video's. It's nice to see how much fun these things are and hear other peoples real world experiences. I'm excited for you picking up your new bike. I'm seriously thinking of the Ebike conversation and looking at the Levo comp carbon. I'm organising a 48 hour demo ride. Let us know how you get on. Good luck tomorrow. Exciting times !
Good move, Cheekynuke. 48 hours is a great amount of time to get a feel for the bike. Whereabouts are you going to take it for a ride?

Tori

Apr 1, 2018
Australia
What an excellent place to ride,Maydena looks like it flows very well
Yep, on one of the runs my derailleur snapped off, and I had to freewheel down the mountain for a replacement bike . . . I hardly had to get off the bike to get it back into the shop, and they promptly replaced the bike and up I went for another run! Note that the Maydena trip was on regular MTB's - I was on a Canyon Strive at the time, Lisa was riding a Sender. If I went back to Maydena, I'd be there with my Turbo Levo, as you can access the entire lower half of the mountain without charge - and still get plenty of awesome trails in. It'd be boost mode, gravity run, boost mode, gravity run etc etc.

cheekynuke

Apr 3, 2018
Buckinghamshire
Good move, Cheekynuke. 48 hours is a great amount of time to get a feel for the bike. Whereabouts are you going to take it for a ride?
I'm UK based so one of the local areas that's not too tough just now. I'm scared i will break someone else bike lol. It's bike collection day for you. Woo hoo !

Tori

Apr 1, 2018
Australia
What an excellent place to ride,Maydena looks like it flows very well

Yep, I have to organise a trip back down there soon, it's incredible! We only tried easier runs, once our skill level improves, I'd love to hit some of the harder lines.

Tori

Apr 1, 2018
Australia
I took my Levo to a bike park today, did heaps of climbing and descending. It was techy in spots, flowing in others. The climbs were brutal, even for the Levo. I'll add an edited video up when I get a chance, but here is a nice flowing bit :

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
Nice. Your friend seemed to ride almost all the section with barely a pedal stroke.
difficult to tell if you were pedalling or not.

Tori

Apr 1, 2018
Australia
I don't think I did much pedalling, it was a flowy downhill, not super steep but enough to keep your speed up. I have heaps of footage to work through. It is great to put time in on the bike, I felt some good progression through the day, and got some great technical climbing practice.

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
Cool. It's nice to see trails from the other side of the world. you can see how differently they're built to ours. (Drainage won't be the same issue as here either I suppose)

Unusually I've found myself free for the last 24 hours. (daughter at an inproptu sleepover) but couldn't muster up the motivation to ride any of my (many) bikes as I'm thinking about the iminent arrival of my E-bike too much. OMG! what's happening to me?
It's even been sunny here all weekend. Trails still won't be dry tho. ;)

Tori

Apr 1, 2018
Australia
Cool. It's nice to see trails from the other side of the world. you can see how differently they're built to ours. (Drainage won't be the same issue as here either I suppose)

Unusually I've found myself free for the last 24 hours. (daughter at an inproptu sleepover) but couldn't muster up the motivation to ride any of my (many) bikes as I'm thinking about the iminent arrival of my E-bike too much. OMG! what's happening to me?
It's even been sunny here all weekend. Trails still won't be dry tho. ;)

I had trouble sleeping the last few nights before my bike arrived . . . I was like a giddy little kid waiting for all the great presents from ol' mate Santa!

Keep us in the loop Gary, looking forward to learning about your new wheels :)

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
Really enjoyed your vid. the way you explain the reason for the bike at the start and then the bike check (Geek out) with your mate worked really well. A nice change from most dry as hell bike check videos panning around the bike inside the owners front room/garage. Exactly how a normal meet up with your mates goes when one of the group has something new n shiny.
Your friend Kit is rad. more annoyed about not seeing the fence than landing on her head! I actually thought she was gonna get wiped out a third time (by the sheep near the end). Is she usually a bit of a crasher?
BTW Every time anyone asks you about your bike you should totally say "Carbon" lots of times That made me laugh :LOL:
What size is it? Looks nice n small (Spesh aren't that long though are they?)

Tori

Apr 1, 2018
Australia
Did a 40km ride last night - climbed 966m and had a couple of fast descents on a local 4x4 trail. I used boost liberally, but made it back to home with about 10% battery to spare.
Screenshot 2018-04-19 13.26.43.png

Tori

Apr 1, 2018
Australia
I fitted up a Deity Copperhead 35mm stem and Deity Mowhawk carbon bars today, then went for a ride in the paddock. I have a few little jumps I can hit in a dry channel - the bike feels great, more playful and it's a very comfortable position. Unfortunately, my brother had put a mob of Dorper sheep in the paddock, and I had fresh sheep shit all through the knobbies and splattered around the frame. I gave the bike a good wash down and took a few photos :
y4m-BpJUKZK05rMVG02Jo6sWGJzoAAwHTskKIkhsGAq8kAoE6H3m0Mrww1zU82vudd22A7E0MrXVKjIO8FFWWxbe35Kdw77XnHz2olK3QGxzK44dqxwpy7SA11agYt34iN5t_NQAmMwNmAOnpymFrXE1cAnwPmqqLVkvNVmJEqp72oH4N-VgriXSyRTrLnQEAUlru8Rz4EA0blFhbMapUHdGA

y4mrVlohRqD12_Kud4my1s_k-EtZaHufy5rbF7TcXPDAFPAETopLmxx8Jkf_WbbOIIH5v3s_ShnDaBsYpFctQ-VlBRneLdM7kZTddpBKDQrDMSYc4AZXjz-G1vfGPEBhpdOqN8EGn6MDhUBuuoO6Z6WAIJe_MkxhpMCCmc-JrjpYIigHtSnpmtp20uEtMOLadCi5L1_jvOOjmXtcnlZNbp9LA

y4mL6Io2STzBwwO6UcVi9vkV0G7FXVEXk3UYdQgSsUDMLpfCXyINYcbEF7KnMCWe-KTQx0jVF-5SX0R1d2WsiesIWhLWLvT0KAKlU1LeMDTACms5D58SVxL1rDUIT06q8j5UGZequNiW57tmhg763nzBgD8Uq9paTuF0rPwYcDx9qAHjcXHGg-vRUGRkI0Srg6QVNaytxa7crUmGtUgP6aX3A

y4mZRhF8chJsZ7bWkK3nGZSudWn95PWtqlURFnEp44rG0ZZBkkUdE8vFaA1RHeXcEGdEQ-Rx2MNJYrcs_LY2BfWWugDmIv0H20TyRYqm3asaDozHP0kMPPNOEKrtvpJX6rupgoumQhplQm8uOmsUVkfc_Y-deJ4HtBXly1vpoKsT41MrIumnIzdEkyPVEDcBp6OV9F0JHdhwSmsb1zvWLGCuA

I think I'll be able to ride it a bit more aggressively with this shorter stem, and I don't think it should limit me uphill too much. I'll let you guys know what my experiences are :

knut7

Administrator
Author
Subscriber
Apr 10, 2018
Norway
Yeah, saving weight on components high up on the bike can make a quite a difference even if the reduction isn't that big. Stuff like a light saddle and handlebar can make the bike feel easier to throw from side to side. I'm not ever putting a lightweight racing saddle on my ebike though :)

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
Looking great Tori ?

Have you ever weighed your bike? I’ve not done it to mine but wondered what the actual weight of the Expert might be.

I’m definitely going to get some carbon bars ?

Tori

Apr 1, 2018
Australia
Yeah, saving weight on components high up on the bike can make a quite a difference even if the reduction isn't that big. Stuff like a light saddle and handlebar can make the bike feel easier to throw from side to side. I'm not ever putting a lightweight racing saddle on my ebike though :)
It's funny you say this, that was my first impression when I took it for a ride, it felt much lighter in the steering. A combination of the geometry change and the reduction in bar weight. (y)

Tori

Apr 1, 2018
Australia
Hey
Looking great Tori ?

Have you ever weighed your bike? I’ve not done it to mine but wondered what the actual weight of the Expert might be.

Looking great Tori ?

Thanks Rob, it is a nice bit of bling I reckon, the Deity bars are very similar to the rocket red on the Levo.

I can weigh my bike today, it's a good idea. I have a digital hang scale I can put it on. I'll let you know what it turns out to be.

Just watched your video of the Invisiframe fitment. I have been considering doing it to my bike, but I'm usually keen for a few scratches here and there so I don't have to worry about it every time I go for a ride. I keep my dirt bikes mechanically A1, but you should see my 2017 Beta 300RR . . . it has scratches everywhere and a bunch of dings in the header pipe . . . battle scars I say!

In other news, my partner has just got her new Merida E160 800E; and we are going out for a ride in a few hours! Can't wait to explore the mountains with her now she has an eMTB. Hopefully she will let me ride it a bit so I can do a review on the bike.

Tori

Apr 1, 2018
Australia
My partner just got her bike on Thursday; and we have had two consecutive days of awesome riding I got this shot overlooking the Stapylton Amphitheater and Taipan Wall yesterday. Any rock-climbers on this site will know of it.

Turbo Levo on right and Merida E160 on left :
y4mnIRUsKwiYWgJGOrX_Jxm9yU9moj7bTqSVjZdRp0VSs4zFqJCvh9V16sMRee0OR8tsvGu3oLpSNTz6sKKbvhtVquMwlrbpt0XjZOIc9hU2rlyIrtFmIb3sGkdNvee-zB6lz21egqIBwco2H30OPho6ZiV9hL2JI4n9gsnujY_bZuadAKjCaQgoKf9b5JBSjJaZHseVcNoH_hY89oGOE-MFg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles