Levo Gen 3 Price rises on Specialized website

Rod2H

Apr 2, 2021
Cumbria, UK
I was about to pull the trigger on a maroon gen 3 levo expert but I cannot stomach the £500 increase. Back to the drawing board
Could it come down to negotiation? There may be dealers with bikes on long term order in the "pipeline" that would honour or sell at the 'old' price, or price when they ordered them months ago? They still presumably have a deserved margin on that anyway?

Tedgar

Dec 29, 2019
Sebring, Florida
Bought a 19 Carbon Comp Levo in the beginning of 2020 for 5300 USD out the door. Bought one for the wife also. Technology has not advanced enough to warrant a new one or these insane prices.

I will be glad when the economy crashes again. They wont be able to give them away. I will upgrade then.

BadPiggy

Oct 18, 2020
Bought my 2020 Levo Comp Alloy Sept 2020 for $6300 US, which I was annoyed that I had just been stuck for a $300 price increase. About 3 weeks after I bought my bike, they raised the price $1200 to $7500 US. Seems from this thread they are likely to raise the price in the next few days to somewhere around $8200 US for the same bike. I had the option to buy a couple weeks before on a 2019 Medium for ~$5300 (MSRP) because I though it would be too small and because they had just revised the motors in an effort to reduce failure. Kinda wish I had bought the 2019 now. But clearly Specialized and other bike companies are gouging their customers due to the shortage. Assuming my estimate of $8200 is reasonable correct, then that is approximately 50% p[rice increase in 18-24 months time. That is not inflation from material, shipping etc. Glad I bought when I did, or I would simply walked away. All the tech on these bikes are rather basic from a tech and engineering perspective, and simply radically overpriced. And not just ebikes.

Norange

Jul 29, 2018
Wiltshire
In 2018 my Comp Carbon cost me £4250 - got a decent deal as the 2019 was only a few months away. It's now £7750! But to be fair, that's 2 motor generations away, a new interface and bigger battery. Still, that is a bonkers difference. I suspect that due to demand outstripping supply, Spesh are not getting anywhere near the sort of discounts they were getting on componentry.

Material costs and availability are ridiculous currently though. We've got double digit price rises from almost all suppliers - and this is custom stuff, so it's not as if we're competing for the stock - that's just raw material and operational cost inputs really. Electronics is my personal fave though. We have parts that were 70 cents, on quote from broker at $44! I can wait for my 70 cent part from the distributor. I'll get it in 2023...

Repsol

Dec 25, 2021
Yorkshire
I'd like specialized to come on here and justify as to why their charging £1200 for a flaming battery, absolute utter rip off. Even tesla Panasonic cell battery putting out twice the power doesn't cost that. You could get 2 for that price and have £320 left over.

Semmelrocc

E*POWAH Master
Dec 28, 2021
Germany
Interestingly the Levo SL models seem to have kept their price point, as far as I can see. :unsure: Maybe it all has to do with availability and supply chains.

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
All the people I know who had SL Levo's are selling and going full fat Levo's that 30% support is not enough.
They just need to take two of these;

1642264996221.png

Unless you're riding with FF riders who are dicks the SL is plenty for all but the fattest, laziest riders. And I say that as a fat, lazy rider who also has a FF.

Grannyjones

May 25, 2020
England
All the people I know who had SL Levo's are selling and going full fat Levo's that 30% support is not enough.
Yeah exactly, if I'm going to put up with all the disadvantages of owning an E Bike, then I definetely want that full fat Levo with 700W to make up for it!

Which is why I went for the Turbo Levo Comp.

Hob Nob

Jun 4, 2020
UK
Yeah exactly, if I'm going to put up with all the disadvantages of owning an E Bike, then I definetely want that full fat Levo with 700W to make up for it!

Which is why I went for the Turbo Levo Comp.

Yeah, it’s great to ride up fire roads faster and down trails slower on a less engaging, slower bike, that doesn’t ride as well :)

I’ll take the KSL over the Levo for pretty much anything, as Iam not adverse to a bit of effort, for more reward.

Had a Gen3. Have a KSL.

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
Yeah, it’s great to ride up fire roads faster and down trails slower on a less engaging, slower bike, that doesn’t ride as well :)

I’ll take the KSL over the Levo for pretty much anything, as Iam not adverse to a bit of effort, for more reward.

Had a Rail. Have a KSL.

Needed repeating.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles