Help buying e bike

tolmie35

Jul 29, 2021
Glasgow
Hi everyone, looking for some advise, it August I ordered a Giant Fathon E+3 but I changed my mind at the last min. Im still thinking of doing it but have a few questions, do you think next years models will be much dearer or should I just wait, reliability wise would be 2022 ones be better and is there anything in the 2k range I should also be looking at. I know these are hypothetical questions so I understand its not easy to answer. 2k on a bike is alot to me so I need to get it right. Also these bikes, if they battery every fails can they be replaced as I want this to last me a number of years.

Thanks

2WheelsNot4

E*POWAH Master
Oct 17, 2021
Scotland
Everything can fail, but you've warranty on it for a few years and if its going to do, its usually from the off in the first couple of weeks.

I think the problem is availability and it doesn't look like there's going to be much in 2022, so it could be a matter of whatever you can find might need to be what you get.
Another problem is what you get for £2k, which isnt much to be brutally honest. It's pretty much a low to mid range £500 standard bike with the better motor and battery added on.
You could look to get a £1300 ish mtb and fit an add on motor/battery to that, at least you'll get better kit that the basic.

Ian222

Oct 19, 2021
England
2k as stated isn’t a lot for a ebike. I have the haibike hardseven 5 which was £2250. Having owned it for 6 months I can say it’s a great bike for normal riding but take it off road to a trail park etc and it starts to show that the spec is weak.

harrysmalls

Oct 25, 2021
Oregon
The battery is a wear and tear item. It's not the matter of if but when. You'll end up replacing it anyway, if you keep the bike long enough.
Have you looked into used models?

tolmie35

Jul 29, 2021
Glasgow
Thanks for the replies, im fine with replacing the battery, just dont want something that in 2,3 year goes in the bin so the fact you can replace the battery that is great.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles