Flyon Wireing loom refit

Hairy bum

Apr 28, 2021
Uk
due To my flyon sduro nduro 8 not switching on with out keep taking the battery out & in
I’ve had to fit a new wireing loom.

the first thing I did do 24 hrs prior to fitting was seal the wires that go in to the battery block with silicone…. People have said that water ingress through the front grills that then runs down the cables in to the unit ..
F3ADC7CE-F0C0-4119-BC80-8C2AC6479B60.jpeg

first job was to remove left hand side grill gently pull out the two cables … one runs the display the other is the loop used for the skybeamer front lights …
71A784EB-42ED-49F1-912A-911FA56B6503.jpeg

now in my wisdom I decided to tape an electric wire puller to the cables to make it easer to get them back down the tube
3F02591B-BDE8-4796-A3C4-8BE79BC952CD.jpeg

I should have uncliped the cables and taped them together as they got stuck going up the tube as I’d produced a nice loop ….

next was the charging socket …
for this I used the charger … it’s magnetic… so I just clipped it on like usual and then undid the two screws to allow the socket and the charger lead to go up in to the frame
F6FD7952-54FC-47CD-AD89-5B6678961484.jpeg
0E848F4D-686C-4F48-ADAA-9D5151A8C67B.jpeg
make sure you leave this on the lead .. move it back down to the charger that way it will be there when u need it …

next was to remove the cable clamp and the plastic cover over the motor & remove the little black box from the cover
402E4604-5204-4CDB-B449-8D0329D66E34.jpeg
ECE02D08-FCD8-4E6B-BD94-A8E7D2E7D345.jpeg

I then removed the the box that connects to the motor and unplugged the 4 connectors
there is a 5th one but he has a blank in it ( you will have to swap the blank to the new loom )
F2CBDA29-9236-40AC-9783-260915BA7FC3.jpeg

so all that was left was to try and get the battery connector out the frame while trailing the two leads for the display & lights & the charging port

removal was really easy
undo the two nuts either side of the frame and push out the two little pins
BFF8A11E-1803-4C5F-BA1E-1411DE984CDC.jpeg
1FDB87D6-58C7-4332-9E32-14D1E5CA39A6.jpeg

nex you just gently pull either side of the rail and it will slide out ( mine got stuck on the loop I’d produced while taping the leads at the top )
543879AA-7CB0-4A08-BB48-E207DA69D81D.jpeg

you then just remove the two bolts holding the rails to the unit and replace them on the new loom
pulll the taped leads & the charging socket free of the frame and swap them on to the new loom
you will have to swap the bracket that holds the socket in place over as well
1A1AD55E-BC47-414C-B893-582183F79015.jpeg

really that’s basically the job done just feed rails back in to the slots in the frame and sayonara slide it down take up the slack on the charging lead and the newly taped plugs …

do make sure that the 3 leads that go back up the frame are on the correct side of the unit or they won’t go back in to the channel … once the unit is in place you will need to slide your arm up the frame tuck them in to the Chanel and gently push any excess past …
I personally did this last once I’d re fitted the motor and cable grip to make sure every thing was nice and snug

the charging plug on the frame was a little fiddly getting the holes to line up i found a torch helped and be gentle as it’s only magnetic plug holding the socket inplace while you do the screws up

I also did find that the new loom wires were different colours to the old ones ….
I thought taking a picture of the plugs under the motor would help but none of the wires were the same colour combination …
the two longer ones do the rear lights the shorter one matches the other short one on the opposite side … always take a picture before stripping any thing apart … it saves soooo much time if you forget where ant thing went …

hope this helps ya all
big kisses
hairy

Sidepod

Sep 2, 2020
Oxford
due To my flyon sduro nduro 8 not switching on with out keep taking the battery out & in

the first thing I did do 24 hrs prior to fitting was seal the wires that go in to the battery block with silicone…. People have said that water ingress through the front grills that then runs down the cables in to the unit .. View attachment 61013

first job was to remove left hand side grill gently pull out the two cables … one runs the display the other is the loop used for the skybeamer front lights … View attachment 61014
now in my wisdom I decided to tape an electric wire puller to the cables to make it easer to get them back down the tube View attachment 61015
I should have uncliped the cables and taped them together as they got stuck going up the tube as I’d produced a nice loop ….

for this I used the charger … it’s magnetic… so I just clipped it on like usual and then undid the two screws to allow the socket and the charger lead to go up in to the frame View attachment 61016 View attachment 61017
make sure you leave this on the lead .. move it back down to the charger that way it will be there when u need it …

next was to remove the cable clamp and the plastic cover over the motor & remove the little black box from the cover
View attachment 61019 View attachment 61018
I then removed the the box that connects to the motor and unplugged the 4 connectors
there is a 5th one but he has a blank in it ( you will have to swap the blank to the new loom )
View attachment 61020
so all that was left was to try and get the battery connector out the frame while trailing the two leads for the display & lights & the charging port

removal was really easy
View attachment 61021 View attachment 61022
nex you just gently pull either side of the rail and it will slide out ( mine got stuck on the loop I’d produced while taping the leads at the top )
View attachment 61024
you then just remove the two bolts holding the rails to the unit and replace them on the new loom
pulll the taped leads & the charging socket free of the frame and swap them on to the new loom
View attachment 61026
really that’s basically the job done just feed rails back in to the slots in the frame and sayonara slide it down take up the slack on the charging lead and the newly taped plugs …

do make sure that the 3 leads that go back up the frame are on the correct side of the unit or they won’t go back in to the channel … once the unit is in place you will need to slide your arm up the frame tuck them in to the Chanel and gently push any excess past …
I personally did this last once I’d re fitted the motor and cable grip to make sure every thing was nice and snug

the charging plug on the frame was a little fiddly getting the holes to line up i found a torch helped and be gentle as it’s only magnetic plug holding the socket inplace while you do the screws up

I also did find that the new loom wires were different colours to the old ones ….
I thought taking a picture of the plugs under the motor would help but none of the wires were the same colour combination …
the two longer ones do the rear lights the shorter one matches the other short one on the opposite side … always take a picture before stripping any thing apart … it saves soooo much time if you forget where ant thing went …

hope this helps ya all
big kisses
hairy
Good work. Well done. Has it cured the problem? Did you find anything obvious causing the problem?

Jackware

Fat-tyred Freakazoid
Subscriber
Oct 30, 2018
Lancashire

the first thing I did do 24 hrs prior to fitting was seal the wires that go in to the battery block with silicone…. People have said that water ingress through the front grills that then runs down the cables in to the unit .. View attachment 61013

first job was to remove left hand side grill gently pull out the two cables … one runs the display the other is the loop used for the skybeamer front lights … View attachment 61014
now in my wisdom I decided to tape an electric wire puller to the cables to make it easer to get them back down the tube View attachment 61015

for this I used the charger … it’s magnetic… so I just clipped it on like usual and then undid the two screws to allow the socket and the charger lead to go up in to the frame View attachment 61016 View attachment 61017

View attachment 61019 View attachment 61018
View attachment 61020

removal was really easy
View attachment 61021 View attachment 61022
View attachment 61024
View attachment 61026

hope this helps ya all
big kisses
hairy
I hope after all that effort you also got your Skybeamer sorted!

Hairy bum

Apr 28, 2021
Uk
Good work. Well done. Has it cured the problem? Did you find anything obvious causing the problem?
Yep bike now starts on the button … but still wants me to edit my profile every time ?
not sure if that is normal … it’s been doing it since I’vehad it but thought that was because I kept rebooting by keep putting the battery back in all the time . ?

& no I’ve inspected every wire and plug on the loom but found nothing … not even a cut outer that could have been shorting out …
very strange … mind I haven’t tried charging the bike from the port on the frame as yet …. Fingers crossed that goes ok ..

Hairy bum

Apr 28, 2021
Uk
You are a much braver (and competent) man than me:)
Many thanks for sharing.
I’m not sure about brave ? I had two options…my bike is only 3 weeks old … I couldn’t get one local so bought from the other side of the country…
it was either ship it back to the dealer and have it shipped back …. All foc …
or the dealer supplied the loom & I had a crack at it …
i personally didn’t want to take the chance on shipping it ☺ if it got damaged I’d be totally banjaxed as you can’t get another
if I couldn’t fit the loom then I still had the shipping option…
so really an easy decision to make …
i will admit it took me 6 days to pluck up the courage to do it ??

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles