2019 Turbo Levo Owners Thread

neils

Aug 28, 2018
Wokingham UK
What size levos are people chosing for their height?
I'm 5 09 and have ridden both a medium and a large.
I seem to be more comfortable on the large, but can't help thinking that for my height I should be choosing the medium.
What's the general consensus on sizing with the new model?

I would definitely be on a Medium if I were 5’9

I’m 6’1 and at present only have the 2018 in Large (2019 Expert on order) and this is still fine. New 2019 has more reach.

Paul Mac

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Subscriber
Jul 9, 2018
Uk
Cheers for your opinions guys.
I'm finding it's not so much the reach but the stack height is the problem, the medium is 30mm lower in the front, which makes me feel too over the bars.

JP1

Sep 13, 2018
Switzerland
Cheers for your opinions guys.
I'm finding it's not so much the reach but the stack height is the problem, the medium is 30mm lower in the front, which makes me feel too over the bars.
correct
I chose the L for that reason.
I am 6ft and to old for the more aggressive sit.

WXOLF

Aug 24, 2018
Central Coast
LBS recommended the following when I ordered 2x Levo 2019 Comp carbon models
5'11 (180cm) - Size Large
5'2 (158cm) - Size Small

Firefighter Guy

Sep 15, 2018
Minnesota, USA
Beautiful bike, I have one just like it on order. Can’t wait.
Me too! Love it.
6E5ABBFF-17AD-434F-AABD-8D0B42F2DCDC.jpeg

sirshan

Oct 2, 2018
Oakland, CA USA
Just got this and did some minor mods:

- Spank Spike Bars
- Spank Spike Stem
- Spank Oozy Pedals
- Specialized Purgatory Front (Tubeless)
- Maxxis Rekon Rear (Tubeless)
- Ergon Grips
- Ergon Saddle
- Rockshox Reverb Dropper
- Meta Fenders
- K Force Garmin Mount
- 2019 Rockshox Lyrik RC2 160mm (just installed it this evening, will snap photos next ride..looks identical, but thicker, tad bit taller...way more capable)

Gee68

Jul 30, 2018
England

- Spank Spike Bars
- Spank Spike Stem
- Spank Oozy Pedals
- Ergon Grips
- Ergon Saddle
- Meta Fenders
- K Force Garmin Mount
- 2019 Rockshox Lyrik RC2 160mm (just installed it this evening, will snap photos next ride..looks identical, but thicker, tad bit taller...way more capable)

Have you got a link for that mudgaurd please Sirshan.
Does it fit straight on or is it a tie wrap job?

Levo Lution

Oct 10, 2018
Slovakia

- Spank Spike Bars
- Spank Spike Stem
- Spank Oozy Pedals
- Ergon Grips
- Ergon Saddle
- Meta Fenders
- K Force Garmin Mount

Hi, what is the specification of the dropper?

m0ngy

Oct 10, 2018
Melbourne

See, this is my issue with the 2019 Turbo Levo... Not only is it hideously overpriced, it's also underspec'd. You shouldn't have to pay a premium price for a product, only to then spend another couple of grand upgrading it. The old model had better components, no need to upgrade, while the new, 2019 model parts are mid-tier at best. The triggers/derailleur, bars, rear shock, wheelset, are pretty much entry level, while the brakes, dropper, and forks are mid-tier, nothing special. I get the need to differentiate between models, but this just reeks of price gouging. You buy a Ducati, it comes with all the premium extras, some goes for a Mercedes, or any other bicycles in this price range, such as Santa Cruz, Yeti, or Intense.

The 2019 TL Expert (blue/red) model in Australia is $11,500, a $1,500 premium over the $10,000 RRP for the 2018 Expert, which could be had for ~$9,000 after some haggling, making it <20% more expensive. Why? There's nothing revolutionary about the motor, or carbon frame, Specialized have simply tweaked old tech. Specialized seem to think the battery and motor integration's worth 50% of the purchase price, since a similarly spec'd Stumpy is around half the cost. That's ~AU$6,000 premium, a hell of a lot of money.

I note the admin canned the "All New 2019 Specialized Turbo Levo launched" thread, because it became focused on the ridiculous overpricing, which suggests a lot about the consumer feedback. This is really important for less informed consumers, who might come into this purchase thinking they're getting an all premium product. They most certainly are not! They're getting a premium frame, with very average components at best, at an ultra premium price... Overall, it's poor value for money.

Now, about the noise... I've seen some videos, and the 2019 TL is LOUD, really loud. My 2017 Turbo Levo Expert (orange one) is virtually inaudible, can barely hear the belts after a long ride with loads of climbing. It appears the new bike makes a ton of noise, can someone confirm or deny this? I'm definitely pulling my deposit on a 2019 TL Expert if it's that loud. I mean, what a stupid engineering decision; lose a few hundred grams (who really cares, it's motorised!), at the expense of a whole lot of jarring and intrusive noise.

Last edited:

neils

Aug 28, 2018
Wokingham UK
I too am now thinking that a new 2019 Expert is just a waste of money. I bought a 2018 Comp Carbon (my first emtb) a few weeks back for £3k, it has hardly been used, it has a Debonair 160mm upgrade to the fork by TF Tuned and it has decent pedals! I bought if for my son but I've ridden it loads and love it! Might just look to buy another good value 2018. As much I would like to have a new 2019 Expert, will it really be any better for me than the 2018? :unsure:
I know I'd pick up a 2019 for a dam good price this time next year!

mymodel6

Oct 2, 2018
Hertfordshire
But what if its the seatpost that tilts up as it goes down. I know there is one....I hate it too. Lol

Nooooo no no no no... I have that fricken tilty seatpost, and whilst it's gash in many ways, that is not the problem. Bikes look better with the seat down, and should only ever be photographed with it down! if you think otherwise, you have no style and probably go out wearing a utility belt and sandals with socks...

You're embarrassing your bike, it's like abuse, because it has no choice, millions of bikes all over the world screaming out in silent terror "No please not again! Please don't take pics of me with my saddle up! Please no! PLEASE!!" Snap! "Oh for fucks sake"...

Zero style!! All you saddle up freaks! :)
↓↓↓↓↓↓

Last edited:

sirshan

Oct 2, 2018
Oakland, CA USA
See, this is my issue with the 2019 Turbo Levo... Not only is it hideously overpriced, it's also underspec'd. You shouldn't have to pay a premium price for a product, only to then spend another couple of grand upgrading it. The old model had better components, no need to upgrade, while the new, 2019 model parts are mid-tier at best. The triggers/derailleur, bars, rear shock, wheelset, are pretty much entry level, while the brakes, dropper, and forks are mid-tier, nothing special. I get the need to differentiate between models, but this just reeks of price gouging. You buy a Ducati, it comes with all the premium extras, some goes for a Mercedes, or any other bicycles in this price range, such as Santa Cruz, Yeti, or Intense.

The 2019 TL Expert (blue/red) model in Australia is $11,500, a $1,500 premium over the $10,000 RRP for the 2018 Expert, which could be had for ~$9,000 after some haggling, making it <20% more expensive. Why? There's nothing revolutionary about the motor, or carbon frame, Specialized have simply tweaked old tech. Specialized seem to think the battery and motor integration's worth 50% of the purchase price, since a similarly spec'd Stumpy is around half the cost. That's ~AU$6,000 premium, a hell of a lot of money.

I note the admin canned the "All New 2019 Specialized Turbo Levo launched" thread, because it became focused on the ridiculous overpricing, which suggests a lot about the consumer feedback. This is really important for less informed consumers, who might come into this purchase thinking they're getting an all premium product. They most certainly are not! They're getting a premium frame, with very average components at best, at an ultra premium price... Overall, it's poor value for money.

Now, about the noise... I've seen some videos, and the 2019 TL is LOUD, really loud. My 2017 Turbo Levo Expert (orange one) is virtually inaudible, can barely hear the belts after a long ride with loads of climbing. It appears the new bike makes a ton of noise, can someone confirm or deny this? I'm definitely pulling my deposit on a 2019 TL Expert if it's that loud. I mean, what a stupid engineering decision; lose a few hundred grams (who really cares, it's motorised!), at the expense of a whole lot of jarring and intrusive noise.

I can confirm that my 2019 is def louder than my 2018. The prior version was near silent. I think Robs video sounded super loud though...I wouldnt say mine is that loud, but its def got more noise which is not faborable. The ride itself...its pretty different handling. Then again, I also modded this more that the last one I had for maybe a week.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles