2019 Turbo Levo Owners Thread

CPBikes

Oct 1, 2018
Haute-Savoie
First ride with the SWORKS yesterday.
900+ meters in Eco Mode (20%), use only 30/35 % percent of battery.
You ride it like a classic mountain bike. That's really impressive.
The SWORKS is mind blowing, but you need to be awake to ride it fast, rear carbon frame and carbon wheels are really stiff :eek: but so :love: when you roost every corner (y)

Clearly one of the best bike I had to ride, even compare to my new Stumpjumper.

Paul Mac

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Subscriber
Jul 9, 2018
Uk
First ride with the SWORKS yesterday.
900+ meters in Eco Mode (20%), use only 30/35 % percent of battery.
You ride it like a classic mountain bike. That's really impressive.
The SWORKS is mind blowing, but you need to be awake to ride it fast, rear carbon frame and carbon wheels are really stiff :eek: but so :love: when you roost every corner (y)

Clearly one of the best bike I had to ride, even compare to my new Stumpjumper.

Nice video, the bike sure looks playful!
What size did you get and how tall are you? I'm 5'09 and torn between medium and large.

Lancie

Jul 24, 2018
Isle of Man
This question has probably been asked before, has anybody noticed a difference in Levo sizing between 2018 and 2019, the dimensions would indicate they are slightly larger?? I'm 5'9" and have ordered a medium but i'm having Levo sizing anxiety now! :eek:

Travelly

Apr 7, 2018
Bath,UK
Lanice, I am a similar height and test rode both medium and a large. I could ride a large no problem but the medium was a better fit really. It depends on whether you like to be that little bit more stretched out or not. I have stuck with a medium as I think thats a better fit and will be a more playful bike overall.

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
I would stick with the M as you will be right at the bottom of the size range for the L, and when you factor in thinks like dropper post extension etc the M will prob be spot on.

Paul Mac

Patreon
Subscriber
Jul 9, 2018
Uk
At 5 9 I ride a large levo at the moment with a 45mm stem and it fits great.
On riding the medium 2019, it wasn't so much the reach that I was concerned about, but the height of the bars is considerably lower than my large, making me feel perched a bit high.
I've got a ride on a large on the weekend.

Linc

Sep 26, 2018
Northern California USA
Took my new 2019 comp carbon out for a break in ride Sunday around San Francisco. 33 miles and 2600 feet of elevation gain 70%street 30%dirt . I had two bars left when I put it in the truck. I'm 6feet tall and the large fits me good. The seat is a little stiff i was hurtin a little. My motor seems to be louder than my buddy 18 levo.
IMG_20180930_132949759.jpg

Will Ridealpine

Sep 18, 2018
Idaho
Just did London to Brighton off road, 75 miles. First battery lasted 42 miles, that was on Eco which is set at 35%/35%. I could have done it at around 20%/20% to get better range I reckon as 35% was too much on the flats.

View attachment 5434
Would you be able to ride a large at 6’3? I am 6’2, what size would you have got if you were 6’2? Does the motor keep going after you stop peddling sometimes? Any fix for the extra motor noise in the future? Does the XL seem bigger thna other XL’s to you?

Will Ridealpine

Sep 18, 2018
Idaho
Just did London to Brighton off road, 75 miles. First battery lasted 42 miles, that was on Eco which is set at 35%/35%. I could have done it at around 20%/20% to get better range I reckon as 35% was too much on the flats.

View attachment 5434
Would you be able to ride a large at 6’3? I am 6’2, what size would you have got if you were 6’2? Does the motor keep going after you stop peddling sometimes? Any fix for the extra motor noise in the future? Does the XL seem bigger thna other XL’s to you?
View attachment 5434

Will Ridealpine

Sep 18, 2018
Idaho
Took my new 2019 comp carbon out for a break in ride Sunday around San Francisco. 33 miles and 2600 feet of elevation gain 70%street 30%dirt . I had two bars left when I put it in the truck. I'm 6feet tall and the large fits me good. The seat is a little stiff i was hurtin a little. My motor seems to be louder than my buddy 18 levo. View attachment 5853
Motor loud and motor keeps running when stopped peddling asometimes, but not too often though...?

Will Ridealpine

Sep 18, 2018
Idaho
It’s the noise more than anything. This new Brose Mag S motor is considerably noisier than the 1.3 motor.
Went past my friend on this new trek with bosch, when K stopped peddling could tell his motor is quiter and lower pitch sound. The 700watt battery goes good though... What tould you get if you were 6’2, and XL?

Nando Lope

Sep 30, 2018
Jaca y Zaragoza
View attachment 5434

Hi! I am also worrying about sizes??‍♂️ I am 187cm and Specialized says I’m XL. I’ve already ordered one (same as Rob) but I hope it won’t be a huge horse difficult to turn corners! I have always thought the best is following manufacturers advice...

Adasb

Subscriber
Jun 6, 2018
New Zealand
="Nando Lope, post: 26507, member: 1314"] View attachment 5434

Hi! I am also worrying about sizes??‍♂️ I am 187cm and Specialized says I’m XL. I’ve already ordered one (same as Rob) but I hope it won’t be a huge horse difficult to turn corners! I have always thought the best is following manufacturers advice...

I think it really depends on your proportions. I am 6 ‘ 2 “ (188cm) and my old Levo was a large and probably fractionally small for me. My large 2019 S works is definitely roomier and a perfect fit although I must admit I haven’t tried the new bike in XL.
I’m not sure of my inseam measurements but certainly longer in the trunk compared to my legs - but if your legs are longer than your trunk you might find the XL a better fit for you. Ultimately you should throw your leg over both before you sign the cheque!

Will Ridealpine

Sep 18, 2018
Idaho
And they've claimed this in writing?
Take your (not quite) brand new levo back for a full refund if it doesn't.
Think they will send us a new quiet motor to the shop for i stall exchange free.
I rode mine for the first time last night and the noise from the motor when under load is quite off putting.:(
Other than that the bike felt good but I only had half an hour on it.
Do you think there is any fix for that loud motor, maybe they will send replacements? Mine is louder than my friends bosch, I got it because brose is supposed to be quiet...

Will Ridealpine

Sep 18, 2018
Idaho

I think it really depends on your proportions. I am 6 ‘ 2 “ (188cm) and my old Levo was a large and probably fractionally small for me. My large 2019 S works is definitely roomier and a perfect fit although I must admit I haven’t tried the new bike in XL.
I’m not sure of my inseam measurements but certainly longer in the trunk compared to my legs - but if your legs are longer than your trunk you might find the XL a better fit for you. Ultimately you should throw your leg over both before you sign the cheque![/QUOTE]
I like the 2019 XL expert, rode it twoce on trails, today got it on good tech stuff and its stable for me at 6’2. It is nice while riding but a smaller frame would be nice in the car, pushsing it around in the garage, but which is more important? try an XL next to your Large and let me know what you think, I could go over stuff easier on the xl today than on the large stumpjumper. The levos big tires and updated geommight help also. The Large could have worked also maybe, wondering if it would have been more playful, but the stability on drops is nice on XL, what do you think?

Will Ridealpine

Sep 18, 2018
Idaho
I’m also six foot and went for the large,it’s a very big bike but I’m old and preferred a little more room in the cockpit if that makes sense.
I’m still pondering wether I’ve made a mistake with what size bike I’ve choosen but it still feels very nimble and Iove it. :)
6’2 and went XL. Rob is 6’3; wonder of he would have got a Large if he was 6’2?

Will Ridealpine

Sep 18, 2018
Idaho
Nice! I just picked up the same bike yesterday. The color is growing on me. Couldn't justify the extra $1000 and wait until next spring to get comp. Very happy with the ride and base components thus far. Only XL Levo my dealer in Minnesota is getting until next year!
How tall are you? Does it seem big? I am 6’2 and ride tech but not too hugh stuff...

Will Ridealpine

Sep 18, 2018
Idaho
I am certainly trying to be a Turbo Levo owner with little to no success. I have been waiting for 5 months too see what the 2019 Turbo Levo would be and am happy I waited. I am looking to purchase a TL Expert. LBS would not share ANY details availability or a pre order. I am still not sure if it was possible or not to order, but none the less they decided to NOT order any XL Experts. I have friends that walked in the LBS two days ago and are on their new TL Expert size lrg and med grinning ear to ear. With the anticipated delivery of an XL in UTAH to be Mid November I am wondering how these are expected to do in cold weather? How have older generations or other manufactures done? Most all mountain bike riders switch sports to skiing, snowboarding, snow shoeing and many own Fat or Snow bikes that can be rode on packed trails in 3-7 inches. Our trails at 4,000' to 11,000' above sea level get bad at lower elevation and then are closed. The ski resorts at 7,000'+ usually open 3rd week of November. It seems like a bad idea to use an electric bike in the cold or is it okay? Normal trail temps would be 20-40 degrees F or -6 to 4.5 C. At this point I wonder if it would be smarter to just wait and let the LBS get some inventory and start this quest up again March-April when we start to ride lower elevation cold rides... I am not sure what the rest of the world does in winter as you have been much further along in the eMTB voyage. To spend $8,250 (us) on 1 or 2 cold rides and have something go wrong seems like a poor choice and than want to ride every time the snow melts for five months.... help?
How tall are you for the xl?

Will Ridealpine

Sep 18, 2018
Idaho
I'd have still got the XL. I'm 6'2" really but have a long neck :ROFLMAO:
I rode trails with it today that are where I have rode many times on the stumpjumler large and the new xl 2019 expert today hammered them, not doing any backflips or nose wheelies on the drops but it floats like a butterfly and stings like an XL bee. Rob, your charity ride video was spot on. I think I like the 700 watt battery, even though it weigs more, nice to know even on just 30 km rides in the mountains steep stuff, iwll have enough juice. The xl seems great on the trail, my large stumpjumper had the seat slip back and a 70mm stem, it’s a 2012. Maybe the wheelbase on the XL is just what we have been waiting for. Nice to be sitting a little in the frame.

bigborett

Jul 17, 2018
Australia
I'm not getting a 2019 at this stage, but could someone work out what size I need anyway?
I'm 5'11" and like blondes.

Sitting on one and trying it out at the shop might help, but I don't think I will.
Maybe if Georgia Leslie is selling them.

Linc

Sep 26, 2018
Northern California USA
Motor loud and motor keeps running when stopped peddling asometimes, but not too often though...?

I did not have the problem with the motor running when stop peddle. It keeps going for a second or two when I am going fast with alot pressure on the peddle and turbo mode . If I turn it down to eco or trail and cruise it seemed to shut off just fine. Most noise is from lower
gears[/QUOTE]

ccrdave

Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 16, 2018
uk
In the latest MC for 2019 models i believe acceleration response has been reinstated if im correct trying turning the response down

Kiwi in Wales

Short cranks rule!🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carmarthen, Wales
I'm not getting a 2019 at this stage, but could someone work out what size I need anyway?
I'm 5'11" and like blondes.

Sitting on one and trying it out at the shop might help, but I don't think I will.
Maybe if Georgia Leslie is selling them.

Are you referring to sitting on the ebike or sitting on the blondes?

Also, regarding blondes, do you mean women or sheep? ?

Remember there are Kiwis on this forum and it is easy to confuse us, me especially ?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles