Kenevo Gen1 Never again Specialize e-bike

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Since English is not my native language, I dare not get involved in this thing. Would it be then motor, electric motor, electrically operated mechanical machine, or whatever :p
Don't let that put you off, @GrandPaBrogan is from New Zealand and therefore statistically genetically about 99.5% sheep. Only google translate converts baa baaa baa baa bba BBa BBBBAAAAA to what you can understand in his posts.

GrandPaBrogan

⚡ eGeezer ⚡
Oct 5, 2019
New Zealand
Don't let that put you off, @GrandPaBrogan is from New Zealand and therefore statistically genetically about 99.5% sheep. Only google translate converts baa baaa baa baa bba BBa BBBBAAAAA to what you can understand in his posts.
Strictly speaking, engines or motors are old school tech... in NZ, we call our present day rotary power devices as - “Flux Capacitors” in sheep speak, which only needs one banana peel to run forever. We’ve done away with belts that break yonks ago.

GrandPaBrogan

⚡ eGeezer ⚡
Oct 5, 2019
New Zealand
^ I was awaiting a further response from @Zimmerframe but judging by his inactivity, I’m guessing he doesn’t believe me or his baa baa translator stopped working.

Anyway, as proof that these flux capacitors do exist - I have attached this here photo.

BB60CB80-4153-48A5-80D5-E2ECE308FBAB.jpeg

As you can see, we have done away with fragile belts and use the more durable and time-proven high tensile No.8 wire. Like I said, they run forever from just one banana peel, so if you ever visit NZ I urge you to touch these engineering marvels with both hands to feel how smooth and quiet they run. Better yet, take your fly down and pee onto the No.8 wire to experience a soothing tingling sensation you will never forget.

Sometimes NZ sheep farmers use these fantastical flux capacitors to create wonderful melodies from their paddock fences by altering the ‘engine’ vibrations. So make sure you try and give them wires a good hearty pluck if you ever come to visit.

BTW that wire at the end didn’t really break. That was for cinematic effect only. That’s obvious because none of the farmers was wearing an eye patch.

Rosemount

E*POWAH Elite
May 23, 2020
Qld Australia
^ I was awaiting a further response from @Zimmerframe but judging by his inactivity, I’m guessing he doesn’t believe me or his baa baa translator stopped working.

Anyway, as proof that these flux capacitors do exist - I have attached this here photo.

View attachment 45309

As you can see, we have done away with fragile belts and use the more durable and time-proven high tensile No.8 wire. Like I said, they run forever from just one banana peel, so if you ever visit NZ I urge you to touch these engineering marvels with both hands to feel how smooth and quiet they run. Better yet, take your fly down and pee onto the No.8 wire to experience a soothing tingling sensation you will never forget.

Sometimes NZ sheep farmers use these fantastical flux capacitors to create wonderful melodies from their paddock fences by altering the ‘engine’ vibrations. So make sure you try and give them wires a good hearty pluck if you ever come to visit.

BTW that wire at the end didn’t really break. That was for cinematic effect only. That’s obvious because none of the farmers was wearing an eye patch.

Instant Kiwi !

KeithR

Jul 1, 2020
Blyth, Northumberland
Ro

Rocket motor or rocket engine? ?
Sometimes depends on the size of the rocket:
Sometimes not so much:

But "rocket motor" is still a proper name for them.

Aug 6, 2019
australia
One-year-old Kenevo 2020 owner and three motors. I love my Kenevo 2020 until now. This time they replace the motor with a motor that makes a grinding noise when I press on the pedals on a clime. The issue started on day one after I picked up the bike from the shop. Also, the motor displays a red line light so far once after climbing a small hill after 10 minutes of riding. I am waiting for a response from the bike shop. I didn't have any issues when they replaced the 2nd motor. I notice both motors broke after 2400 Km or every 5 months. They are asking me to keep the cadence at 80 but it is impossible. How I am going to read the display when I am going downhill or trying to generate more speed to clear a jump? I am not a happy customer. New buyers should be aware, these bikes cost a lot of money.
I got the bike back. The shop replaced the chainring to resolved the issue (noise) For the past 3 weeks(400 KM) I only had the motor turned off while taking a few minutes to break twice on the same session. Specialized is back on the good book for now. Would I buy another Specialized? the no hassle warranty is important. I love my Ebike because I can cover a lot of ground at my age (55) and a bad knee.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles