Pic of the Day

GrandPaBrogan

⚡ eGeezer ⚡
Oct 5, 2019
New Zealand
Grandma and GrandpaBrogan went to Waihi Beach, NZ over the weekend to join our kids and grandkids for a short "book-a-batch" holiday. Took our eBikes along in search of possible trails. Nothing much... just an easy 18km walk/cycle trail mostly - which we made more interesting by cycling through tight and narrow beach-access paths in between numerous beach houses littered throughout the township of Bowentown... which ended at ANZAC Bay reserve. Some interesting and decent trails up and down the ANZAC Bay reserve hills... but not really long enough for it to be a proper destination.

But still... the views along secluded beaches we found were rewarding!

ANZAC Bay Pano.jpg

... and crispy bacon and eggs breakfast at the Flatwhite Cafe was so yum!

FlatWhite Cafe Pano.jpg

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
North West Northumberland
Looks fantastic ..and a nice bit of family time .
We would be stood against a wall and shot in this country at the moment meeting up like that due to current covid restrictions .
Scotland has just closed its border to the rest of the UK ..no travel to or from that country for now for no good reason ..
Nice to see Mrs.Krankie trying to enforce what our mate The Emperor Hadrian built a wall to do all those years ago..
On the English side I've seen a good few building firms shoring things up along its length ..just in case she has a change of heart..
Its like a real life Game of Thrones..unfortunately I'm caught in the no-mans land between the wall and the border ..
Winters coming Jon Snow ...???

Last edited:

GrandPaBrogan

⚡ eGeezer ⚡
Oct 5, 2019
New Zealand
Looks fantastic ..and a nice bit of family time .
We would be stood against a wall and shot in this country at the moment meeting up like that due to current covid restrictions .
Scotland has just closed its border to the rest of the UK ..no travel to or from that country for now for no good reason ..
Nice to see Mrs.Krankie trying to enforce what our mate The Emperor Hadrian built a wall to do all those years ago..
On the English side I've seen a good few building firms shoring things up along its length ..just in case she has a change of heart..
Its like a real life Game of Thrones..unfortunately I'm caught in the no-mans land between the wall and the border ..
Winters coming Jon Snow ...???
I know, and we sometimes forget what it’s like in other countries and take our freedoms for granted. My son lives in Vancouver so my empathy isn’t just lip service as they’ve got a massive spike over there right now, and we’re in touch constantly and concerned.

Half the reason why we forget is because our government is actually encouraging people to go out and do something - travel, dine out, spend money, take holidays, visit someone - if only to support our local economy. There’s a constant advertising drive about it in our national media. It’s one thing to have gotten rid of the virus (at great cost I might add) and to keep it that way by closing our boarders and staying vigilant, but it’s another thing to keep our businesses open. NZ as some might know relies heavily on tourism, and that industry has been hit real hard. It’s up to us now to support ourselves as best we can until we can open the country up again... whenever that may be.

We had the beginnings of an outbreak a few months ago and the city of Auckland had to be locked down. They caught it in time and identified and isolated those few slackers... but the city paid a high price for it. It’s taken very seriously over here. Even though the apparent normality can be deceiving.

GrandPaBrogan

⚡ eGeezer ⚡
Oct 5, 2019
New Zealand
@GrandPaBrogan "Do something new, New Zealand" (y) ?
Haha you’d have to be a kiwi to know what I was talking about ... oh man it’s so crazy seeing ads like this - when not too long ago police check points were set up along our city/regional borders to stop travel!

I can only imagine how absurd if not insensitive this ad would be outside of our country...o_O?

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
North West Northumberland
Quite possibly ..
My family started a business back in the 60's called The Reivers of Tarset ..which ran outdoor management / Team Leadership courses and an annual event ..The Inter Company Kielder Challenge from The Comb ...in NW Northumberland ..
There was a framed poster on the wall...The Steel Bonnets ..which basically showed all the Border clans ..
Without it sounding particularly Scottish the Hodgson clan apparently originated in the Dumfries area ..so with all the rape / pillaging/ murder & cattle rustling going on back then I suppose its feasible that there could be a bit of tartan in the family blood ( god forbid) ..?

Last edited:

Mteam

E*POWAH Elite
Aug 3, 2020
gone
all these sunny, dry and dusty photos are making me jealous....

I had another wet dark muddy ride last night - In UK we wont see dust until next May.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles