Pace ebike

StuE

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Jun 4, 2018
Leeds
Display and cables could just be Di2!
Yes it could be di2, but I was chatting to Adrian Carter on the Pace owners weekend last summer and he said then that an ebike was their next project after they had finished development of their carbon full sus, he said then that ebikes were the only mtb's showing a growth in sales and that they needed to offer one if they wanted to grow as a company

Bones

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
Apr 3, 2020
Harrogate
It's taken some getting together. I was talking to Mrs pace about a year ago and she said it was progressing. BTW she runs the mtb shop at Sutton bank in North Yorkshire.

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
  • 726wh compact battery - Long range and low centre of gravity. Easily accessible housed in the broad spar alloy downtube.
  • Shimano EP8 motor - Quiet and efficient high torque motor contributes to range and power control.
  • Pace custom alloy frame - High strength and durability - Handmade, tough T6 heat treated & beautiful in natural polished finish.
  • Efficient Pace 4 bar suspension system - Maximum control with minimum squat & pedal feedback.
  • Twin Carbon-Fibre Rockguardz - 1x high strength motor Skid Plate combined with 1x rock deflector.
  • Adjustable Radiator Vent - Assists battery temp for longer range and battery life.
  • Mixed wheelset or 29in - Built in shock flip chip allowing you to run 29" front and rear, or 29" front and 27.5" rear.
  • Full coil sprung suspension front and rear - 170mm travel nominal - a new plush E Bike riding experience.
  • Latest generation E Bike lights -Extend your big day even when the sun sets. Worlds first road legal high beam/dip. Headlight has 10 automotive LEDs, non-submerged deep beam developed for long travel bikes and high/broad high beam for curve illumination.
  • Low profile frame - Allows long drop seatpost, 213mm drop on large size as standard.
  • Progressive E Bike geometry - Benefit from the same ride experience as the latest gen manual bikes featuring short chainstays, low BB, steep seattube and long reach combined with slack headtube angle.

A17DF9A8-DCFE-45A5-8F39-B85F8F565822.jpeg

6CF248EF-2E71-4137-BBC4-3BB09A87AFAD.jpeg

1233AA2C-DAB1-4268-ABFA-C3AFEF2716FA.jpeg

06109825-883E-46F4-906D-D129F2961AF5.jpeg

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France

Size large (prototype) :

Headtube Angle: 63-degrees
Seat Tube Angle: 78-degrees
BB Height: 334mm
Chainstay: 444mm
Reach: 504mm
Seat Tube Length: 410mm

Baffled 1

Nov 10, 2019
Warwick
At last another great British company comes to the table with what looks like a cracking ebike. And made by Pace and all of you of a certain age? will know of the company Pace and understand that they produce quality stuff.
I have heard for a while that they was thinking of producing a ebike great to see it. ?

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Wonder what it weighs, with full coil suspension and that battery I cant see it coming in at under 25kg!

504 reach on a large, she's a big un for sure!

Dirtnvert

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Sep 25, 2018
BC Canada
I could work with that. Probably a 190 fork and shorter cranks for the low bb and downsize to shorten that reach. She's a beaut! Probably out of my pay grade though

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Wonder what it weighs, with full coil suspension and that battery I cant see it coming in at under 25kg!

504 reach on a large, she's a big un for sure!
19.2 kg. Nitrogen filled tyres. Lithium Air battery. Hollow coil suspension. Air brakes.

Actually, the battery is in theory more compact - so who knows .. However, compact does not necessarily mean lighter...

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
Sorry. But that thing is horrendous.

Progressive E Bike geometry - Benefit from the same ride experience as the latest gen manual bikes featuring short chainstays, low BB, steep seattube and long reach combined with slack headtube angle.
Which just doesn't work so well on an Ebike.
Ride the first Mondraker Eebs and you'll know how badly this overweight battleship is going to ride as an all rounder. (unless blindly plowing through shit is your idea of all round riding)

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
Not to mention the custom skid plate, mudguards, vents, light, 4 pot Hope brakes and massive rotors
at least they left the plastic HTII caps off so there's 7g savings there ;)
Oh. and no chainguide
Even with the tubeless EXOs in the promo pics I can't see it being below 25kg with pedals fitted.

Give it 10years and we might finally start seeing decent weight 70-80Nm bikes.

Dec 18, 2019
UK
I think they need to look at SC's new Bullit and Focus' Sam2 for modern geometry. A 68 degree SA will lead to a cramped feeling cockpit and potentially bugger up your knees, as it'll position them too far forward over your pedal spindles I've emailed them and asked for them to consider 67 and,even 66 degrees would make for a better fitting bike. The HA is also very slack, so it'll be massively stable, maybe too stable, so 64 degrees might be better.
The decent reach should translate into a really good fit for taller riders if they build an XL version, but taller riders on an XL need a long ETT,. However, the combination of Head and Seat Angles will shorten that measurement and i'd also like to see a high stack on the XL as well.
If Pace can come up with some well sorted geometry, spec the bike with Shimano XT, Hope, Renthal etc and price cheaper then the equivalently specced SC Bullit, that would be an awesome bike.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles