What did you buy your ebike this week?

Johneracer

Sep 17, 2020
USA
Finally I have reached the end of modifying. There is nothing else. I upgraded everything and It makes me wonder why didn’t I just build a bike in the first place? Last item on the list is the spring assy for the fork from volsprug (sp?) folks in Canada. I can’t stand air suspension. Socal is very rocky and air just doesn’t work as well as springs do, for me at least. So far upgraded wheels to hx1501, xx1 cassette, kmc chain, fox dpx2 coil shock, grip2 damper, spring upgrade in the fork, carbon cranks, Madura pro7 brakes, galfer discs, Kiox display, Chris king headset bearing, renthal bars, sram wireless shifting, specialized seat, Shimano pedals.

rydeezie

Jul 26, 2020
san francisco, california
Finally I have reached the end of modifying. There is nothing else. I upgraded everything and It makes me wonder why didn’t I just build a bike in the first place? Last item on the list is the spring assy for the fork from volsprug (sp?) folks in Canada. I can’t stand air suspension. Socal is very rocky and air just doesn’t work as well as springs do, for me at least. So far upgraded wheels to hx1501, xx1 cassette, kmc chain, fox dpx2 coil shock, grip2 damper, spring upgrade in the fork, carbon cranks, Madura pro7 brakes, galfer discs, Kiox display, Chris king headset bearing, renthal bars, sram wireless shifting, specialized seat, Shimano pedals.
I thought it was a never ending cycle?.....that’s why it’s called a buy cycle

Johneracer

Sep 17, 2020
USA
I thought it was a never ending cycle?.....that’s why it’s called a buy cycle

That’s funny. I actually kind of get to a point where I say “Ok that looks good, I’m done” I then move onto something else and the cycle repeats itself. I did the exact same with my gs1250 and ktm690. Before that Aprilia, before that Ducati....on and on and on. packages arive and wife says “ changing stuff that doesn’t need to be changed?” what can I say, she is right.

whiterabbit

Aug 17, 2020
USA
Got my vorsprung a couple weeks ago. Ridden it only once so far.

it’s so awesome.

You’ll still find something else. I bought a lighter shock spring, my vorsprung was much softer than the airspring and didn’t balance anymore. Something else will come up for you I am sure :)

Last edited:

Pivot

E*POWAH Master
Jun 11, 2020
New Forest, England
That’s funny. I actually kind of get to a point where I say “Ok that looks good, I’m done” I then move onto something else and the cycle repeats itself. I did the exact same with my gs1250 and ktm690. Before that Aprilia, before that Ducati....on and on and on. packages arive and wife says “ changing stuff that doesn’t need to be changed?” what can I say, she is right.

I am told everything on two-wheels is like a barbie for men!

Rahr85

E*POWAH Master
Sep 6, 2020
nottingham
garmin 530, front & rear mudguards, some yellow grips.

Could do with my bike actually turning up :D

The old giant anthem is probably going to die this weekend at farmer john's.

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
I bought myself a thermal top for those rare cold and dry days and some Race Face Flank body armour which turned up inside out with the tags removed... ?

Biano44

Oct 7, 2020
Charnwood
I bought a new Garmin last week as I lost the old one last Tuesday when having a fall in the dark. I never noticed it was gone for at least a mile so had no chance of finding it. Not that I didn’t try.
I’ve just bought a gizmo that will allow me to remove display screen off of my bars when my bike turns up.
Oh and crank arm caps.

pavelmatic

Dec 3, 2019
Lörrach, Germany
True. But upgrading women to look like Barbie is more expensive than most bikes below some super bikes. Also the ROI doesn’t really pay off because after 10 years you’ll need to upgrade the whole system.

Why on earth someone would like to look like a plastic doll is beyond me... a real DOWNgrade in my eyes!o_O;)

Anyways... here’s some UPgrade for my Levo - Lupine SL-SF and some Ergon grips for my old, increasingly numb fingers :LOL:

6DE990EB-242E-481E-BD47-E3A2106C1899.jpeg

HikerDave

Feb 9, 2019
Tempe
New tires this week Maxxis Minion DHF 27.5x2.6 to replace worn-out Specialized Butcher of same size. On our rocky and sandy Arizona trails I’m very impressed with the DHF; it’s much more predictable on sand over hardpack; where the Butcher breaks loose all at once the DHF gives some warning and doesn’t grab again all at once when it regains traction. I like it. New Specialized Slaughter on rear but I think that the old worn-out tire, same kind, actually worked better.

rydeezie

Jul 26, 2020
san francisco, california

Josepma

Oct 13, 2020
Barcelona
I have bought some galfer discs in 223 for the front and 203 for the rear. And some specific purple galfer pads for ebike that are the perfect complement for the perfect braking.

It's funny how in this forum so little is said about a brand like Galfer that has discs and pads that are brutal ...

db007w.jpg

810lPaT9NLL._AC_SX466_.jpg

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
The Galfer 223s have come up before, I have one on the front as does @R120 I think. TBH, I doubt I'll replace it when it's worn out.

jbrown15

May 27, 2020
Chilliwack, Canada
I have bought some galfer discs in 223 for the front and 203 for the rear. And some specific purple galfer pads for ebike that are the perfect complement for the perfect braking.

It's funny how in this forum so little is said about a brand like Galfer that has discs and pads that are brutal ...

db007w.jpg

810lPaT9NLL._AC_SX466_.jpg

I just bought the same rotors and pads from Galfer too, but I'm going a little extreme with 223mm front and rear.....lol

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Yes there are quite a few of us with the Galfers (and a lot of about them and other big rotes on the forum if you search around), I have 223 up front and 203 out back with my Guide RE's, using Uber pads. Had them about a year now

Screenshot 2020-10-15 at 19.13.14.png

Last edited:

Josepma

Oct 13, 2020
Barcelona
The Galfer 223s have come up before, I have one on the front as does @R120 I think. TBH, I doubt I'll replace it when it's worn out.

I am very happy for your satisfaction ... they are better than good ... they are great. I'm going to trash my magura records. I expect the stopping power to increase with the magura m7s with those galfer discs. Too bad that in my previous ebike I never got to combine the shimano saint with galfer, basically because it was not necessary. Saint is much saint.

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
I am very happy for your satisfaction ... they are better than good ... they are great.
I think you have misunderstood me, I'm thoroughly underwhelmed by them. They're expensive and I'm pretty sure it warped within a couple of months use.

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Whilst I like the Galfers, with the bigger rotors you have to watch them to see if the go out of true. For my next rotors I will try a different brand to see if its a big rotor issue, or Galfer specific

Josepma

Oct 13, 2020
Barcelona
I think you have misunderstood me, I'm thoroughly underwhelmed by them. They're expensive and I'm pretty sure it warped within a couple of months use.

223 is a very big disk. All the people I know have not made any complaints about their records, on the contrary they are happy. But it is true that they were smaller discs. Is your disk exactly the same design as the photo I have previously inserted? There are discs that are not specific for ebike. My magura discs overheated and burned in the first 50km of the bike

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles