Pic of the Day

penguinni

E*POWAH Snack Master
Subscriber
Jun 22, 2020
Bangor, N Ireland
Another grand day out! I have to admit I really feel the benefits of getting out into the woods and enjoying a nice wee pootle!
72A19E75-4FE8-494D-B0EB-EEFF78E5E01F.jpeg
A0C58D62-3661-4E5D-A0E6-B4261CC49FF1_1_201_a.jpeg
43D4A405-9C8D-4246-BBEB-A18A0F975926_1_201_a.jpeg
92AB177A-5962-431A-AA8D-E9CBE1DE5720_1_201_a.jpeg

StevoKickstart

Nov 12, 2018
West Sussex, England
View attachment 40794
The trails in the UK pine forests are littered with this toadstool right now. Eventually they get broader and flatter before going brown and shrivelling up. Nothing ever seems to eat them. They look poisonous, anyone know what they are called?
I'll bet it's called DeathCap, RedShitter, OneStep, or something equally ominous!
This is the fabled Fly Agaric; made famous in many fairy stories e.g Alice in Wonderland
In small doses the toadstool is highly hallucinogenic (hence Lewis Carroll who was famous for partaking, came up with the idea of Alice in Wonderland) In Medieval times the "Court Jester" used to eat this and entertain the noblemen; this is how the jesters are always portrayed as being "off their heads!"
Its a beautiful toadstool and I see them every Autumn riding in the Surrey Hill (there is a good few at the top of Captain Clunk if you want to see some!)
Apparently a safe dose is just the red skin about the size of your small finger nail

GrandPaBrogan

⚡ eGeezer ⚡
Oct 5, 2019
New Zealand
He was known as "Sergeant Short Handle" .. he always failed to secure his shovel to the back of the wagon properly. It would drop down and drag along wearing the handle shorter ...
By 'his shovel,' I hope you meant that he has a real shovel?
I was just about to ask if anybody remembered the time he got put on a charge for putting purple tassels on the end of his rifle!
By 'end of his rifle,' I hope you meant that he has a real rifle?

Some of us inherently think in pictures, and so metaphors can be really disturbing... hence my request for clarification.

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
View attachment 41745 ]
Just a little mud on the trails
That is just a lot of watery muck! This is mud!
Focus mud.jpg

At this point I had to stop pedalling because although the bike would have kept going, I thought that the mud might erode the paint from the inside of the seat stays. And yes, that is a stick in there. :eek:
Best Lincolnshire clay mud, it took me ages to clean that up trail side until I got going again. I had to do it again 300 yards further on before I moved out of the area.

DrStupid

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Jul 10, 2019
Pleasureville Ky
What’s that (black flak jacket?) wrapped around the bottom of your battery?

Have a look in link above for details. This is the carbon bash plate.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles