2019 Specialized Turbo Levo News & Rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dusty

Jul 14, 2018
Liverpool
I know there's members more in the know about the new turbo levo and obviously cannot publish anything my question is ...

As I've waited and been patient about buying my first emtb is it in your opinion best to hang on a few weeks more ? And will it be worth the wait.

I've spotted a good deal on 2018 model but obviously very curious about the new one

comtn

Founding Member
Feb 27, 2018
Colorado Springs
I know there's members more in the know about the new turbo levo and obviously cannot publish anything my question is ...

As I've waited and been patient about buying my first emtb is it in your opinion best to hang on a few weeks more ? And will it be worth the wait.

I've spotted a good deal on 2018 model but obviously very curious about the new one

Reading between the lines it seems only the expert and s works will be updated and the price will be increased. I would still wait until the news drops to make a decision. It should be pretty quick. The full suspension levos have been taken down from websites in multiple countries so I would think news will drop today or tomorrow.

simda

Sep 5, 2018
Switzerland
So until now a lot of speculations about the frame design, batterie, display...

I am wondering if there will be 29 wheel options?

beside: my first post - enjoy reading forum topics for a while now ??

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey

You can apply the same logic to any bike purchase at the moment, as all the 2019 models are incoming. E-Mtb development is moving at a pace whereby you will have buyers remorse not matter what you buy.

Personally i wouldn't buy any of the new 2019 bike until some proper review come out - all the manufacturers are promising game changing bikes for next year, from the Haibike Flyon, to the New Levo etc etc.

Who knows which is the best bike coming out? No one yet

Norange

Jul 29, 2018
Wiltshire
The best bike is always the one you're riding :) For me, game changer would be a 30lb FS I could rag about with or without assistance, for less than £3k. And some kind of laser for close pass twats. Had my FS for 13 years now, so happy to wait for holy grail.

Actually, if it is only Expert and SWorks with new tech, can't see much deeper discounts on the outgoing models.

Halcon

Apr 27, 2018
Texas
The best bike is always the one you're riding :) For me, game changer would be a 30lb FS I could rag about with or without assistance, for less than £3k. And some kind of laser for close pass twats. Had my FS for 13 years now, so happy to wait for holy grail.

Actually, if it is only Expert and SWorks with new tech, can't see much deeper discounts on the outgoing models.
The lightest EMTBs full suspension are going to be the LaPierre eZesty at 17kg and the Bulls Wild Flow Evo at 15.9kg. You can remove both the battery and motor and ride like a normal bike cutting the weight by about 3-4kg on both. They use the 400w Fauza motor and a 255wh battery. Both well over $3k however and come out in January.

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Yes and well covered already on the forum, but complete different type of bike to the Levo.

As has been said many times before on here, you are buying a bike with an EMTB and should approach the purchase like any other bike purchase, looking at the complete package. The best bike for you is not necessarily the best bike.

The Fazua motor based bikes are very good for fit accomplished mountain bikers who want minimal assistance, if you don't ride much and haven't got much riding fitness then they are probably the wrong choice.

We are still a fair way off having a bike with comparable power/range to existing bikes but weigh 5kg less.

Of course Specialized may make my last comment look stupid in a few weeks but i doubt it!

Norange

Jul 29, 2018
Wiltshire
The lightest EMTBs full suspension are going to be the LaPierre eZesty at 17kg and the Bulls Wild Flow Evo at 15.9kg. You can remove both the battery and motor and ride like a normal bike cutting the weight by about 3-4kg on both. They use the 400w Fauza motor and a 255wh battery. Both well over $3k however and come out in January.

Yep, am not thinking of changing for 4-5 years. More likely to upgrade bits then build up from frameset once my ideal ebike exists.

Adasb

Subscriber
Jun 6, 2018
New Zealand
What I have picked up on so far re 2019 Levo :

release date 18th Sept (in NZ anyway)
base spec models are already in-country, higher end Oct / Nov.
One possible Color option = Carbon / Oil slick
Geometry change (bigger / longer)
29er is the “way forwards”
700Wh battery
Controls move to top of top tube

Please add on anything i’ve missed…

Last edited:

Halcon

Apr 27, 2018
Texas
What I have picked up on so far re 2019 Levo :

release date 18th Sept (in NZ anyway)
base spec models are already in-country, higher end Oct / Nov.
One Color option = Carbon / Oil slick
Geometry change (bigger / longer)
29er is the “way forwards”
700Wh battery
Controls move to top of top tube

Please add on anything i’ve missed…
Brose S Mag- smaller and 500g lighter with new automatic mode
Lighter frame (like the new Stumpy)
Center controls with (possible) color changing LEDs for mode indication
RockShox fork (not Ohlins)
Possible handlebar display centered over the stem
Battery may no longer contain the CPU which could be mounted in the bike (bigger battery could be similar size) and could make battery switching easier
Battery cells may be the new 21000s not the 18650s

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
Battery may no longer contain the CPU which could be mounted in the bike (bigger battery could be similar size) and could make battery switching easier
But will mean no backwards compatibility. :confused:

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
What’s this I have stumbled upon? Don’t know Specilizeds well enough to know if this is heavily modified existing bike or something new

1B38D222-E841-417C-84B7-1D7FED71ADE0.jpeg

neils

Aug 28, 2018
Wokingham UK
Bosch's is new motor is supposed to be pretty special but you won't see it for a year, it'll be on the 2020 bikes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles