2019 Specialized Turbo Levo News & Rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lxmaso

Sep 2, 2018
Venice
I think these preview will bring them more sales not less. It’s just a bike, not life!
Do they really expect to keep secrets like that? Apple cannot do it, Bmw cannot, Mercedes, Ferrary, Rolls Royce!
Simply ridiculous they spend time to trace the forums and blogs around the world.
Even more, it’s stupid.

Halcon

Apr 27, 2018
Texas
I think these preview will bring them more sales not less. It’s just a bike, not life!
Do they really expect to keep secrets like that? Apple cannot do it, Bmw cannot, Mercedes, Ferrary, Rolls Royce!
Simply ridiculous they spend time to trace the forums and blogs around the world.
Even more, it’s stupid.
Ferrary? Is that the Chinese knockoff of the famous sports car? JK
It's just a game. It is just as likely that Specialized leaked the pictures because if someone really wanted to scoop the big reveal they would have sent a full bike shot. I do agree that if they would just announce the release date it would help a lot.

Lxmaso

Sep 2, 2018
Venice
Ferrary? Is that the Chinese knockoff of the famous sports car? JK
It's just a game. It is just as likely that Specialized leaked the pictures because if someone really wanted to scoop the big reveal they would have sent a full bike shot. I do agree that if they would just announce the release date it would help a lot.
By the way: nobody will take out of my head that these leaks come out from the producer (Specy in this case) to create a big hype (unofficial hype...).

comtn

Founding Member
Feb 27, 2018
Colorado Springs
Well, at least the pictures were likely valid. So far I only see good things, bigger battery (maybe smaller without attached controls), better button placement and possible led indicator lighting, display, SWAT integration, no complicated Ohlin's fork, etc

I'm late to the game and missed the pics. All new frame like '19 stumpy? Maybe it's an all new model more enduro ish. 160 front and back. Kenevo is a little too heavy but something in between should be nice!

Tori

Apr 1, 2018
Australia
I wonder if the API will be locked down on this new model . . . ? Will 3rd party developers be able to fiddle with and create new software? Will unlocking be as simple in the future?

outerlimits

E*POWAH BOSS
Founding Member
Feb 3, 2018
Australia
I wonder if the API will be locked down on this new model . . . ? Will 3rd party developers be able to fiddle with and create new software? Will unlocking be as simple in the future?
I would hope you would at least be able to secure the connection to the bike. Currently anyone can connect to your bike and change the settings with any app without your knowledge.

Kiwi in Wales

Short cranks rule!🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carmarthen, Wales

I think he means ..... as we cannot post and show the photos we might get away with, if we can, in detail, describe in words what we can see in the photos (if we have the Levo 2019 photos)

As they say, a picture is a thousand words (y)

Or, will the Specialized police jump on that as well?

jemen

E*POWAH Master
Jun 1, 2018
Austria
Maybe for public "official"release, yes but i think there will be more online pics in the next few days.

j.

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
If you missed the pics they where not of the whole bike and didn’t give much away other than confirming a bigger battery - I.e the gave no indication of what the bike looked like

Geoff

Aug 21, 2018
Australia
Maybe a coincidence but last week Specialized Australia dropped the retail price point on the Levo Carbon Expert from $AU11,000 to $AU10,500. No other model in the Levo FSR range available here had a price drop. The current Sworks Levo retails here at $AU13,100. Does this price drop leave room for a price point in between the Expert and Sworks???

It wouldn't be the first time the big S ran both older and newer style frames in the same family of bikes at the same time (e.g. Tarmac Carbon SL4 on lower end models and SL5 on the upper price points, The 2015 Sworks Carbon Demo 8 27.5" and 2015 Alloy 27.5" Demo 8 based on the old style Alloy 26" frameset).

kramerica

Aug 18, 2018
IL
My guess is that the weight would be approx. similar to the current gen.
Smaller motor, lighter frame, but bigger battery.
Too bad about them ditching the Öhlins, it took a couple of rides to dial it in, but once I did I fell in love with it.
Comparing to the Pike, the Ohlins is like riding on a cloud.

paquo

Jul 31, 2018
usa
Stubby stem would seem to indicate longer geo

Hopefully not too much change. I like being more over the front wheel for some reason so hopefully they don't turn it into some cross country rig with the seat way above the bars and miles of reach.

Kiwi in Wales

Short cranks rule!🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carmarthen, Wales
I have just called Berkshire Cycles.
The women I spoke to told me the release date in the UK is the 18th of September and that bikes will be 'availalbe' very soon after this date.
She said the US was going to release a bit earlier but she was not sure when.....
She was unable to give me pricing, models being released etc but did drop into the conversation that there was a bit of a battery shortage that may affect bike number availability :eek:

If you are contemplating on buying a Levo FSR from these guys I suggest you call them and get your name down on the waiting list.
There are 50 on it already.

Al Boneta

Dark Rider
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
California
It’s bittersweet in my area. Sure new bikes are coming out, but there is no where within an hour of my shop where they can be ridden legally.

JonasH

Founding Member
Jan 23, 2018
Norway
It’s bittersweet in my area. Sure new bikes are coming out, but there is no where within an hour of my shop where they can be ridden legally.
Dude, that sucks to hear. Here in Norway ?? we can go pretty much wherever we like.

Halcon

Apr 27, 2018
Texas
I have heard from two different sources that the bikes will be released in the US on the 11th, so one week before the 18th in the UK but releasing anything on September 11th seems odd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles