Decathlon STILUS Full Suspension Electric Mountain Bike - SRAM SX

Pigin

Jul 7, 2020
Saddleworth
I see it slightly differently.
It shouldn't just be down to the person assembling the bike, there's a whole plethora of people involved in the manufacture, inspection, assembly and distribution that can and should have an effect on the quality of the product that is finally handed over to the customer.
I suggest that will only be a success when they are able to deal with supply, quality and sales with adequate attention to detail.
If these processes and people were in a company that I ran or owned , there would be some serious changes being implemented, including sackings if required. Good workers do good jobs and deserve to be employed and rewarded. Others are a waste of rations. Rant over.

Timmoh

May 18, 2020
Wales
theyre offering free delivery if I purchase again and a gift card, to be honest im thinking of going elsewhere now, holding onto that amount for 7-10 because of their fault.
If patience is a virtue, we Stilus lot must be more virtuous than the Dali Lama by now?. You are right to be pissed and wouldn't blame you if you do go elsewhere.
Just grab another cuppa and weigh up the odds and expense, then make the call.
Good luck in whatever you do, you deserve a break ?.

Timmoh

May 18, 2020
Wales
I see it slightly differently.
It shouldn't just be down to the person assembling the bike, there's a whole plethora of people involved in the manufacture, inspection, assembly and distribution that can and should have an effect on the quality of the product that is finally handed over to the customer.
I suggest that will only be a success when they are able to deal with supply, quality and sales with adequate attention to detail.
If these processes and people were in a company that I ran or owned , there would be some serious changes being implemented, including sackings if required. Good workers do good jobs and deserve to be employed and rewarded. Others are a waste of rations. Rant over.
Well said, totally agree. If you are paid to do a job then bloody well do it and do it well. It's so easy these days to shove the blame down the line. This is all to do with QC and those inspectors paid to ensure those levels of QC are upheld, right down to the couriers that chuck them in the van and apply more and more tape as it bounces around and breaks-these all reflect back on every part of the system and erode confidence, sales and branding.
There, that's my agreement to the rant over ?.

MPJ

Nov 28, 2019
Chiltern Hills, UK
I'm putting my money on the e-stylus showing up for at least some buyers ...

View attachment 35763
Well you may jest Mr Zimmerframe but look what Decathlon just delivered to me!!........(the Stylophone not Rolf cos that would be tad awkward). I ordered this from Decathlon back in 1976 ?
rolf-harris-stylophone_05.jpg

Timmoh

May 18, 2020
Wales
Interesting to see how returns are to be packed, maybe Decathlon should watch their own videos.

This was my arrival. The damage is annoying and I am in discussion with customer services as we speak. I did manage to polish some of it out so its not as bad as the photo now, but still not acceptable when you part with nearly 3 grand.
I have decided not fo return it as that faff would probably break me ?, but I expect some sort of a good will/compensation gesture , however small that may be (not holding my breath tbh but feel its only fair).
I am. Assuming Panther courier did the damage but that's up to them for now.

IMG_20200711_171559.jpg

IMG_20200711_171624.jpg

IMG_20200711_174212.jpg

kriz

Jun 29, 2020
Rochdale, UK
This was my arrival. The damage is annoying and I am in discussion with customer services as we speak. I did manage to polish some of it out so its not as bad as the photo now, but still not acceptable when you part with nearly 3 grand.
I have decided not fo return it as that faff would probably break me ?, but I expect some sort of a good will/compensation gesture , however small that may be (not holding my breath tbh but feel its only fair).
I am. Assuming Panther courier did the damage but that's up to them for now.

View attachment 35889

View attachment 35890

View attachment 35891
Yes, that is bad, I am also in discussion with customer services, photos, and a complaint sent in, I am awaiting their solution, my solution is 10% refund or it's going back. Did you have any brake issues?

Timmoh

May 18, 2020
Wales
Yes, that is bad, I am also in discussion with customer services, photos, and a complaint sent in, I am awaiting their solution, my solution is 10% refund or it's going back. Did you have any brake issues?
Interesting question. Sorry for the long answer. The levers bite at about 59%travel and stay there/lo k the wheels OK. I like my brakes to bite earlier and bled them with the proper kit (my Brother in law has all the kit so he came over with it). Bled twice and air present. Levers did not budge from original bite position though. Front level travels more and I need to sort. Its OK and my B i L said he has seen this a lot on the downhill circuit with Sram v other makes-he doesn't like it but his Son swears by the travel and progressive feel.
I will try another bleed where I follow the written Sram service instructions as their video says after you tie the lever to the bar and bleed, just release it, whereas the written ones say to keep pressurre on the lever and release slowly as you pump the fluid from the caliper end and as such, fill the system. They are both roughly doing the same but I will do the latter to prove a concept. Other than that I will do the old way and open/pump lever/shut ETC.
I will let you know as I am a bit concerned about pad wear and having the levers gradually creep to the bars as they wear.

kriz

Jun 29, 2020
Rochdale, UK
Interesting question. Sorry for the long answer. The levers bite at about 59%travel and stay there/lo k the wheels OK. I like my brakes to bite earlier and bled them with the proper kit (my Brother in law has all the kit so he came over with it). Bled twice and air present. Levers did not budge from original bite position though. Front level travels more and I need to sort. Its OK and my B i L said he has seen this a lot on the downhill circuit with Sram v other makes-he doesn't like it but his Son swears by the travel and progressive feel.
I will try another bleed where I follow the written Sram service instructions as their video says after you tie the lever to the bar and bleed, just release it, whereas the written ones say to keep pressurre on the lever and release slowly as you pump the fluid from the caliper end and as such, fill the system. They are both roughly doing the same but I will do the latter to prove a concept. Other than that I will do the old way and open/pump lever/shut ETC.
I will let you know as I am a bit concerned about pad wear and having the levers gradually creep to the bars as they wear.

I like my brake lever travel to be minimal like I have with my 15-year-old Scott with XT brakes.

kriz

Jun 29, 2020
Rochdale, UK
Me too. Exactly the same.
Just found this on a forum, I do not have a bleed kit...

To bleed I find simply putting a syringe of fluid on the caliper and the level and going back and forth between the two (mix of pushing one and pulling the other), then clamp the syringe at the caliper, pump the brake lever a few times, pull the syringe at the lever to haul the air out, open the clamp at the caliper, back and forth a couple of times with the syringes and you're done. Takes a few mins and I get way less dead lever than using the method in the SRAM video which is massively unnecessarily complicated IMHO.

Killswitch73

Sep 15, 2018
West Midlands
Just found this on a forum, I do not have a bleed kit...

To bleed I find simply putting a syringe of fluid on the caliper and the level and going back and forth between the two (mix of pushing one and pulling the other), then clamp the syringe at the caliper, pump the brake lever a few times, pull the syringe at the lever to haul the air out, open the clamp at the caliper, back and forth a couple of times with the syringes and you're done. Takes a few mins and I get way less dead lever than using the method in the SRAM video which is massively unnecessarily complicated IMHO.
The latest Sram brakes need the bleeding edge tool (fits in the caliper) and bleed from the lever .

kriz

Jun 29, 2020
Rochdale, UK
Why should we accept this poor service for £2700 spent, my replay from Decathlon, get your complaint emails in?

Thanks for contacting us.

I am sorry to hear you have received your bike with missing parts, damaged paintwork, and poor brakes.

Having looked at your photos I am embarrassed to see the state your bike arrived in.

This is definitely not how your bike should arrive.

I will pass your email on to my manager to have this properly investigated.

Kind regards,

Lee

Timmoh

May 18, 2020
Wales
Right, I have sorted the bloody brakes and they are tremendous!. ?.
It's all to do with the pad distance in most cases (this was bothering me and I knew it could be air on mine totally).
Delved into some other forums and got this about needing to ADVANCE THE PADS/PISTONS AFTER TRANSIT. Its on a Sram/Avid site and is simple (takes about 30 mins for both and requires no tools-just a 1 mm spacer that I made from a cutting mat).
What a difference. Great bite point and adjustable lever is actually
Working.
Check out. www.servicearchive.sram.com/service
Or I have put a screenshot in the post of the instructions.
Good luck.

IMG_20200714_143200.jpg

IMG_20200714_143215.jpg

Screenshot_20200714_123347_com.google.android.apps.docs.jpg

Screenshot_20200714_143302_com.android.chrome~2.jpg

Timmoh

May 18, 2020
Wales
Why should we accept this poor service for £2700 spent, my replay from Decathlon, get your complaint emails in?

Thanks for contacting us.

I am sorry to hear you have received your bike with missing parts, damaged paintwork, and poor brakes.

Having looked at your photos I am embarrassed to see the state your bike arrived in.

This is definitely not how your bike should arrive.

I will pass your email on to my manager to have this properly investigated.

Kind regards,

Lee
Just had the same then a follow up with an offer of 200 quid for the inconvenience.
I'm happy with that and have accepted. Hopefully it'll actually get paid in at some point quicker than delivery was ?.
Good luck ?.

Idaho

Jun 22, 2020
Glasgow
Just a watched it great review

Yes, I'm glad I could place my order before this video was live, because it will get even harder to get one now! :p

Let's just hope I'll get the correct size and no dents... funnily enough I ordered mine on the same day as you did, just a couple hours later, and it's still showing in preparation. Considering yours was the wrong size frame, I'm now wondering if they even had stock for the XL... Was told before that they were not supposed to get XL frames before the 27th of July after that first "wave" from which Rob got his the week before... Strange one.

Also that saddle I had ordered for another bike, customer support confirmed that although they were showing it in stock, they didn't have it in stock...14 days I ordered it, still waiting. So definitely a funky process, yes! :ROFLMAO:

Johnny rider

Jun 28, 2020
Coventry uk
Yes, I'm glad I could place my order before this video was live, because it will get even harder to get one now! :p

Let's just hope I'll get the correct size and no dents... funnily enough I ordered mine on the same day as you did, just a couple hours later, and it's still showing in preparation. Considering yours was the wrong size frame, I'm now wondering if they even had stock for the XL... Was told before that they were not supposed to get XL frames before the 27th of July after that first "wave" from which Rob got his the week before... Strange one.

Also that saddle I had ordered for another bike, customer support confirmed that although they were showing it in stock, they didn't have it in stock...14 days I ordered it, still waiting. So definitely a funky process, yes! :ROFLMAO:
I’ve got me ?????? As soon a an xl comes on I’ll be button bashing lol I’ve email decathlon of my upset and let see what they say

Idaho

Jun 22, 2020
Glasgow
I’ve got me ?????? As soon a an xl comes on I’ll be button bashing lol I’ve email decathlon of my upset and let see what they say

I really don't understand how they can just say "we refund you and you'll have to go through the process of ordering online again", surely they could have had a manager keeping your name on a waiting list and allocating an XL for you right when they get stock.
Growing up in Brittany (i.e. France, but I always prefer saying I'm Breton rather than French :p) I've known Decathlon for absolute ages and have bought a lot from them, always very pleased with Decathlon but this online ordering experience really got me to see them differently. Can't blame the shops and the staff there, they are great, but there definitively are logistics issues here, and COVID does not justify nor excuse these.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles