2019 Specialized Turbo Levo News & Rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.

Geoff

Aug 21, 2018
Australia
Hey All, My first post on this forum. The fork on the 2019 Kenevo is the new 2019 RCT3 that has DebonAir stamped at the top of the left fork leg. The 2018s do not have this stamp. The Lyrik RC2 is a similar but slightly different model fork from the RCT3.

2019 Lyrik RCT3
2019 Lyrik RC2

I'm picking up my 2019 Kenevo today. :D

JetSetDemo

🍦Two Scoops🍦
Patreon
Apr 1, 2018
Ashby de la Zouch
This Is off the Levo FB forum, don’t know if it’s legit but it’s not one I have seen before
C41AC86D-D75B-41BE-8324-78AA7785961C.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

JetSetDemo

🍦Two Scoops🍦
Patreon
Apr 1, 2018
Ashby de la Zouch
I have tried zooming in the motor area and I might be wrong but it looks a little wrong also the battery if this image is in any way correct would be very different. I think this is just wishful thinking.

BeBop

Jan 16, 2018
Euroland
My (realistc) wish list for 2019

- Brose Mag S Motor (500g lighter)
- at least 630w battery
- 150/160 front Lyrik fork and 150 rear Super Deluxe shok
- 20KG
- revised geometry lighter frame current frame has been around since 2015, reduced seat tube length to help dropper get lower

Geoff

Aug 21, 2018
Australia
Having now physically checked my bike, and not believing the Specialized website I do not have dual position, I got confused with Debonair :(
I wouldn't get too upset over not having a dual position fork. It just complicates the internal mechanicals of the fork as well as making the tuning process harder. Your body position on the bike whilst climbing will make more difference than being able to lower the fork a few inches.

HeatproofGenie

Jul 23, 2018
CO, USA
At least in Fox forks the dual position (Talas) creates two additional points of friction as well, so overall performance is reduced.

It's a nice idea to have a travel adjust fork but it solves a problem that doesn't exist with good bike setup and climbing technique and it's oh so easy to forget to adjust the travel and then realize at the bottom of middle of a big descent that you are still on low travel mode.

Kiwi in Wales

Short cranks rule!🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carmarthen, Wales
I wouldn't get too upset over not having a dual position fork. It just complicates the internal mechanicals of the fork as well as making the tuning process harder. Your body position on the bike whilst climbing will make more difference than being able to lower the fork a few inches.
Dual position is a nice to have but Geoff is 100% correct. Body position is crucial.

Last edited:

Kiwi in Wales

Short cranks rule!🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carmarthen, Wales
At least in Fox forks the dual position (Talas) creates two additional points of friction as well, so overall performance is reduced.

It's a nice idea to have a travel adjust fork but it solves a problem that doesn't exist with good bike setup and climbing technique and it's oh so easy to forget to adjust the travel and then realize at the bottom of middle of a big descent that you are still on low travel mode.
Agreed, like I said in my post above, I have it but hardly use it and when I do I forget I have dropped it down.

Donnie797

Jul 2, 2018
Germany, southern Black Forest
I have it on my other bike with the fox float 130/150mm fork. I must say there it helps to get up those really steep climbs (preventing the front wheel lifting a bit better), BUT I don't have the slightest problem to get up the same climbs with the 180mm Kenevo in 20% Eco. The more extreme geometry and added weight takes care of a lifting front wheel enough, so I think on the heavier e-bikes in general the dual-position forks are not making a big difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles