Applying lube to chain?

highpeakrider

E*POWAH Master
Aug 10, 2018
Peak District
This is a real daft question.
What’s the best method to apply lube to the chain if you can’t peddle backwards?

On a normal MTB I’d just rotate the cranks, do I need to put it on the stand every time?

Dax

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 25, 2018
FoD
I get a mate to lift the bike by the saddle, or flip it upside down if I'm on my own.

Donnie797

Jul 2, 2018
Germany, southern Black Forest
Another way to do it is using the walk-assist. Approach the bike from the non-drive side and bend ober the bike, grabbing the left grip, oil in the right hand and simultaneously lifting the rear on the chainstay, while pressing the walk-assist button and putting the oil on the moving chain. It takes a bit of training, but it works fine out in the trails.

davegixer

Jul 7, 2018
UK
Another way to do it is using the walk-assist. Approach the bike from the non-drive side and bend ober the bike, grabbing the left grip, oil in the right hand and simultaneously lifting the rear on the chainstay, while pressing the walk-assist button and putting the oil on the moving chain. It takes a bit of training, but it works fine out in the trails.

Me too, I use walk assist, only on the stand though; I need my fingers for picking my nose.

Kernow

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
Cornwall uk

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
Scotoiler were producing systems for bicycles 20 years ago.
A guy I rode with back then when I lived in glasgow was 'sponsored' by them. (well... he lived next to the Scotoiler premises and they got him to use and promote the product. I'm not sure any formal deal or money ever changed hands) He raced DH. it made zero sense to use a Scotoiler on a DH bike then and still does today.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles