Official Merida eOne-Sixty thread

Re-Cycle

Jul 13, 2018
Netherlands
I like a slice of pizza when having a break ;)

No, I'll take it off when I switch the rear tire for a Rekon and set up the tires tubeless.

Cheater guy

Jul 23, 2018
Sydney
Picked mine up end of May
Loving every bit of it :)
What are people doing for wheel sets? I was playing round with tyre pressures and destroyed the rear wheel and needs replacing very soon
Also put the xt 4 pots on, made a massive difference

IMG_20180717_140241.jpg

drjarvis2003

Jul 4, 2018
glasgow
You want to get wheels built with Dr Swiss xm521 rims, but more importaintly you will need inserts. I have already damaged a rear hope 35w with a ratbite insert. Have now ordered vittoria air liners.

Tmacca

Founding Member
Jan 26, 2018
Australia
Heya Merida lads,
Ive had a Levo since 2015, a mate is considering selling his Merida(he also has a Levo, I'm definitely in the wrong line of work) and im keen for a spin on it as looks the buisness . He's selling for a few reasons though a major one for him is engine noise.
Is the motor loud, is it something you notice?
Cheers

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
You can definitely hear the shim motor, especially if coming from a Brose, but you forget about it pretty quickly

drjarvis2003

Jul 4, 2018
glasgow
Everything but forks and drivetrain.

New bars, grips, stem, brakes (funny story), rotors, seat, dropper, cranks, wheels, shock, mode selector/shifter, fork guard, 1.5 angle headset and.... Pedals. But pedals don't count as they don't really come with proper pedals anyway.

was thinking about an angle headset too, what make and size did you get?

drjarvis2003

Jul 4, 2018
glasgow
Cheers. Got the works headset and tried it out yesterday. Seems to help slightly but it's not a big difference. Running a 180mm lyrik on the front and measured head angle at 64 degrees now.

Re-Cycle

Jul 13, 2018
Netherlands
This weekend I took some time to work on the Merida.
Since I changed the XT to a gripshifter the cable was a little too short. But to get to the internal cables you have to take the motor off... :rolleyes: (I do like simple bikes, with simple solutions like external cables ;)).

DSC00667.JPG

DSC00671.JPG

And the motor removed...
DSC00668.JPG

I was surprised to see how little protection there is against dust or mud. The little plastic cover doesn't do very much, after only three rides (all in dry & dusty conditions) there already was a lot of dust on the electric connections.

After changing the cable (and putting the motor back on...) I also swapped the Minion on the rear for a Rekon and set up the tires tubeless. Oh, and in the proces ofcourse removed the ugly plastic disc :cool:

Carlos Muralhas

Jun 15, 2018
Portugal
has anybody tried a 29 inch from wheel on a Merida yet?
Im thinking about a 30mm internal rim with Magic mary at 2.6.

Hey, I put a 29er up front on my Merida eOne-Sixty 900e. Love it. Only used the original wheel 20Kms from the store to my home.

It was immediately changed at home to a DT Swiss HX1501 Hybrid 29er with 30mm internal width with a Maxxis Minnion DHF 2.5 3C. Have been using it for almost a month now and I really feel that the behaviour of the bike is perfect like this. All my friends that tried it like this thought the same, 29er up front is perfect and makes the bike really agile and faster descending.

I also put the Canyon eBike seat post, very confortable and good for climbing and also put on softer green fabric grips. Other than that it's stock.

Merida eOne-Sixty 900e v2.jpg

Last edited:

drjarvis2003

Jul 4, 2018
glasgow
Hey, I put a 29er up front on my Merida eOne-Sixty 900e. Love it. Only used the original wheel 20Kms from the store to my home.

It was immediately changed at home to a DT Swiss HX1501 Hybrid 29er with 30mm internal width with a Maxxis Minnion DHF 2.5 3C. Have been using it for almost a month now and I really feel that the behaviour of the bike is perfect like this. All my friends that tried it like this thought the same, 29er up front is perfect and makes the bike really agile and faster descending.
Thanks for that. I have now got a 29 dt Swiss 30mm internal, with a minion 2.5 wt and vittoria air liner and muc off sealant. I won't be able to test it until Sunday though.

Carlos Muralhas

Jun 15, 2018
Portugal
Thanks for that. I have now got a 29 dt Swiss 30mm internal, with a minion 2.5 wt and vittoria air liner and muc off sealant. I won't be able to test it until Sunday though.

I was using MrWolf SmartMousse on my tires but didn't get along very well with them... I blew the small inner tube after only 22Kms of riding on the back wheel, probably because of bad assembly (it's very dificult to assemble them into new Maxxis tires)... I am now using the much simpler and cheaper Schwalbe procore and after more than 400kms am very happy with how bike feels with that.

I'm certain Sunday you'll love how the 29er feels on Merida.

Basy

Mar 23, 2018
Australia
Here's the latest. I'm about to head into the garage to bleed a set of Shigura brakes so if that goes well, I'll slap them on this beast as well.

P1033042.JPG

P1033045.JPG

P1033046.JPG

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles