Levo In Between Sizes

Halcon

Apr 27, 2018
Texas
If any of you are in between the recommended sizes for the Levo did you go up or down in frame size? I'm 6'1" 184cm so I could go L or XL. Some say the Levo runs small.

ccrdave

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 16, 2018
uk
Im 5.11 i bought a large wish i bought extra large but of course it always depends on what you prefer long reach or short

Al Boneta

Dark Rider
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
California
If any of you are in between the recommended sizes for the Levo did you go up or down in frame size? I'm 6'1" 184cm so I could go L or XL. Some say the Levo runs small.
I’m 6’2” I prefer the large size because I ride BMX when I’m not mountain biking. It’s just an easier size jump for me. The XL will have a taller headtube so the bars will be higher.
You’ll have a longer wheelbase which feels more stable to some. The standover height may be an issue if you have shorter inseam.

The Large has a shorter reach which makes it easier for me to manual and bunnyhop.
I have really long femurs so to get my proper pedal stroke, I have to move the seat back all the way. This makes me have a shorter reach and the XL ends up feeling too long

Since I work in a shop, I am supposed to get a new bike every season, so when I got my Kenevo I bought a black large because it’s just easier to flip than an XL CaliFade

Finch9981

Jun 2, 2018
Tyne and wear
I found the levo is a little smaller than kenevo reach wise, I'm 185cm xl in levo, large in kenevo. although I think the large kenevo is the better fit.

MarkH

Patreon
Aug 12, 2018
Manchester
On paper I'm right between a small and medium at 5ft 5. Always ridden size small in my previous bikes and tested a 2017 medium. Loved the bike but thought the medium was a bit of a monster truck so went for a small as a figured the weight would provide the stability and the smaller reach would make it more chuckable. Turns out to I was spot on.

Adasb

Subscriber
Jun 6, 2018
New Zealand
I’m 186cm and my Enduro was perfect as a Large, so when I bought my 2017 Levo I bought large too without really thinking about it. I am planning on getting a 2019 Levo in Carbon so had the chance to throw my leg over an XL 2018 model and it felt so much better. I think there’s some truth that the Levo runs a bit small. (I found the XL Enduro slightly too big for me since i’m Long in torso, shorter in leg...)

Ricky

Jul 29, 2018
Wiltshire
Hi, I'm 6'1/2" (not sure what that is in cm!). The large felt too cramped. I was moving from a Calibre Beastnut in large which geometry wise was inbetween the L and XL. So after trying L and XL, I went for XL. Reach is nice, although the seat tube is a little tall. I've managed to fit a Reverb 150mm dropped post, and the seat is all the way in to the tube. So it just about works for me. I'm just upgrading the suspension on my Comp (Debonair spring and increase to 160mm on the front, with a Charger 2 damper, and a BikeYoke with a Rockshox 190x51 Monarch Plus Debonair, which should increase the rear travel to somewhere in the region of 144mm). So looking back, I probably should have plumped for a Kenevo in Large (maybe I'll go for that when I've worn my Levo out!).

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles