Hello from the Peak District UK

highpeakrider

E*POWAH Master
Aug 10, 2018
Peak District
Hi Guys

I've not got an ebike yet but coming up to 59 and riding a Whyte T130 in the Peak District the hills are getting bigger and the rides shorter.

Looking at an ebike to extend my rides and get some assistance on the hills.

Looks like patience is required as the 2018s are going out of stock and the 2019s are not yet released.

In the 2019s I like the look of the Treks but need to get a test ride arranged.
Not sure if i will go for a Powerfly or Powerfly LT for a slightly longer travel and a plush ride.
I won't be doing much technical stuff just up and down big hills.

The wait continues but i'm looking for a clean looking bike that will last a good few years so the right choice is key.
Also quite fancy a bottle holder so I can just throw a quick drink on the bike and head off as I live near the trails I ride.

Cheers Phil

Tucker

Apr 12, 2018
Hull
alright dude, i have only ridden 2 ebikes, a mondraker crafty, and the specialized Kenevo, for me the kenevo was perfect for what i ride and stuff i do, i would say the Specialized Levo look really clean, have a bottle holder and are a really good do it all bike, my friend has one and he loves it.

i couldn't talk about other models as i haven't ridden them nor do i know anyone who has one to give feedback.

anyway the Ebike will change your riding life! they are brilliant!

Evo Wan Kenevo

Jul 29, 2018
North Manchester
I love my 2019 Kenevo- would highly recommend- can only get a small bottle in the cage due to the Ohlins spring, though. Perfect for Dark peak escapades.

Although I guess the levo is closer to the Whyte you currently ride.

Also, if you were thinking of demoing bikes first, pretty sure I saw a post on here about E-MTBs for hire in the peak district- definitely worth a look, I reckon?

myskovon

Aug 12, 2018
Leeds
I’ve just got a Thok MIG and rate it better than the Scott Egenius I had. Has a bottle holder too! I ride in the peaks a fair bit as it’s only 40mins up the road. You’d be welcome to try it at some point.

highpeakrider

E*POWAH Master
Aug 10, 2018
Peak District
I’ve just got a Thok MIG and rate it better than the Scott Egenius I had. Has a bottle holder too! I ride in the peaks a fair bit as it’s only 40mins up the road. You’d be welcome to try it at some point.

Did you import this directly from them?
Looks a nice bike, never heard of them before.

myskovon

Aug 12, 2018
Leeds
Did you import this directly from them?
Looks a nice bike, never heard of them before.

Yeah I got mine direct. I think it’s a really good spec for the money and the geometry makes for a great handling bike. I’m trying to help them set up more Thok service points in the UK as they operate a bit like Canyon and YT, but obviously people feel more secure if they know there’s places to go for backup and after sales.

highpeakrider

E*POWAH Master
Aug 10, 2018
Peak District
Bike shop knocked 20% off these so i grabbed the last one.
Looked at so many bikes and thought they are improving so fast I'll start with a good base bike and see what the next few years brings in development.
The weak element for now I guess will be the forks, I'll see how they go and will upgrade to something better.

IMG_2434.jpg

Evo Wan Kenevo

Jul 29, 2018
North Manchester
My last clockwork bike was a Focus Sam Carbon- I bought it on a whim whilst visiting Innerleithen and I consider it second place (only losing out to my Kenevo 2019 Expert which I traded it in for) in the pantheon of all the bikes I've ever owned.

I love Focus Bikes- particularly the geometry and componentry- I think it's the most solid and well engineered bike I've ever had.

When I'm done with the Kenevo, I fully intend to purchase a Sam2. Keen to see how you get on with your Focus ride.

Keep us posted.

highpeakrider

E*POWAH Master
Aug 10, 2018
Peak District
I've just ordered a set of 140mm Yari forks for it at 38% off, should beef the front end up and make it a decent build, unless the Deore brakes need an upgrade but i'll try decent pads first. Still a great saving on the 2019 Trek I was going to buy.

Evo Wan Kenevo

Jul 29, 2018
North Manchester
Hope you enjoy your Focus half as much as I did mine.

Looks like you got a good deal on the bike and the Yari- let us know how it feels with the new fork on.

I think the brakes on the Kenevo will be my first proper upgrade- had mine three weeks and the rear need bleeding already. Also I'm not keen on the modulation.

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles