South Devon rideout

Bob lakin

Aug 4, 2018
Devon
Hi all has anybody out there any up and coming ride outs planned for South Devon, i.e. Dartmoor, haldon, Woodbury common . I'm all ways up for a ride out

Dawnrazor

Patreon
Jun 11, 2018
Somerset
Hi all has anybody out there any up and coming ride outs planned for South Devon, i.e. Dartmoor, haldon, Woodbury common . I'm all ways up for a ride out
Hey Bob - I'm always out around those areas - Quantocks this Saturday tho' - Give me a PM when you want to go - I can do Woodbury/Haldon on a weeknight :)

Kernow

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
Cornwall uk
Iam not far away , on Bodmin moor near Liskeard , happy to take you on a tour of our trails . I often go to Haldon but more in the winter season .

Bob lakin

Aug 4, 2018
Devon
Iam not far away , on Bodmin moor near Liskeard , happy to take you on a tour of our trails . I often go to Haldon but more in the winter season .
Sounds good think need plan ride be good to get few emtbers on board too.

Bob lakin

Aug 4, 2018
Devon
Hey Bob - I'm always out around those areas - Quantocks this Saturday tho' - Give me a PM when you want to go - I can do Woodbury/Haldon on a weeknight :)
Hi Dawnrazor be good do haldon one weekend let me know when you thinking,

Bob lakin

Aug 4, 2018
Devon
Hi Kernow be good do haldon next time you're over that way and deffo try trails over your way too.
Week days be good for me but can work it in with you tho.

Kernow

Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
Cornwall uk
Hi Kernow be good do haldon next time you're over that way and deffo try trails over your way too.
Week days be good for me but can work it in with you tho.
Could possibly have a free half day later next week thurs /fri , and possibly Haldon this weekend , I’ve not had the ebike there yet

Kernow

Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
Cornwall uk
What about This Sunday then meet haldon or here on the moor Iam easy iether way .

caterhamnut

Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 16, 2018
South West
Cock - I'm up Taunton/Quantocks was this weekend, otherwise it would have been good to finally catch up with some of you guys!

I went to Gawton yesterday for the first time - it is 2 miles away so I can ride there! Really enjoyed it - first 'bike park' (ie: smooth trails!) and it will be a good place to play around with settings and repeat rides etc - and learn some skills, like a bit of gentle jumping....joined up for a years membership...
I'll keep a better eye on this section of the website...heading to Scotland mid-September

Kernow

Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
Cornwall uk
Cock - I'm up Taunton/Quantocks was this weekend, otherwise it would have been good to finally catch up with some of you guys!

I went to Gawton yesterday for the first time - it is 2 miles away so I can ride there! Really enjoyed it - first 'bike park' (ie: smooth trails!) and it will be a good place to play around with settings and repeat rides etc - and learn some skills, like a bit of gentle jumping....joined up for a years membership...
I'll keep a better eye on this section of the website...heading to Scotland mid-September

I thought Gawton was mostly downhill race stuff I went there a few years ago to watch a downhill race and rode a couple of the easier descents the rest was big gap jumps etc
Is there some new trails ?

Dawnrazor

Patreon
Jun 11, 2018
Somerset

We'll be out again at Haldon on Saturday 8th if you are around. I'm also up in Scotland in Septemeber riding the bike parks in Dumfries and Galloway from the 24th :)

caterhamnut

Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 16, 2018
South West
I thought Gawton was mostly downhill race stuff I went there a few years ago to watch a downhill race and rode a couple of the easier descents the rest was big gap jumps etc
Is there some new trails ?
Yep - it is about 5 separate downhill runs, well labeled. At least the first 2 will be easily rideable for anyone that rides Dartmoor!
Steep!
No gap jumps, a few small steps/drop-offs - all of which can be ridden around....rocks and roots, but hey....but fun to ride large, smooth steep berms - certainly an area I want to improve on after a few runs.
Couple of steep, rocky hairpins - but once you have done the first run down slowly, its all good...the other 3 tracks get progressively harder (double black etc) - I'm going to have a walk there just to see them!

BUT - coolest thing is that with an e-bike you can ride back up - it is a fair old climb back to the top where everything starts, and would certainly limit how many runs you would do if walking up...
I'll post my beginners video a thoughts a bit later (when I am somewhere with more than 3mb internet - like Somerset ;) )

caterhamnut

Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 16, 2018
South West
We'll be out again at Haldon on Saturday 8th if you are around. I'm also up in Scotland in Septemeber riding the bike parks in Dumfries and Galloway from the 24th :)
With perfect timing, I'll be in totally the opposite direction for both those times - we'll catch up one day! lol - Sennen around the 8th, and Scotland right after - Highlands, so Fort William etc

Kernow

Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
Cornwall uk
Yep - it is about 5 separate downhill runs, well labeled. At least the first 2 will be easily rideable for anyone that rides Dartmoor!
Steep!
No gap jumps, a few small steps/drop-offs - all of which can be ridden around....rocks and roots, but hey....but fun to ride large, smooth steep berms - certainly an area I want to improve on after a few runs.
Couple of steep, rocky hairpins - but once you have done the first run down slowly, its all good...the other 3 tracks get progressively harder (double black etc) - I'm going to have a walk there just to see them!

BUT - coolest thing is that with an e-bike you can ride back up - it is a fair old climb back to the top where everything starts, and would certainly limit how many runs you would do if walking up...
I'll post my beginners video a thoughts a bit later (when I am somewhere with more than 3mb internet - like Somerset ;) )

Sounds like they have a few more suitable trails now , I’ve only ridden one trail there a few years ago which was nice and considered ok for a trail bike , as you say huge climb back up , and everyone then was on heavy downhill rigs pushing .
There’s also Tavy woodlands just down the road which has some jumps etc , I think they like another member to show you round there but same membership I think some of the dangerous bits can be a bit hidden until it’s too late . There’s some great exploring and very steep climbing to be done in that valley right down to the river , well suited to the ebike , some climbs are brutal without motors . Well have to give it a go sometime

Bob lakin

Aug 4, 2018
Devon
Sounds like they have a few more suitable trails now , I’ve only ridden one trail there a few years ago which was nice and considered ok for a trail bike , as you say huge climb back up , and everyone then was on heavy downhill rigs pushing .
There’s also Tavy woodlands just down the road which has some jumps etc , I think they like another member to show you round there but same membership I think some of the dangerous bits can be a bit hidden until it’s too late . There’s some great exploring and very steep climbing to be done in that valley right down to the river , well suited to the ebike , some climbs are brutal without motors . Well have to give it a go sometime
Goin be wet and windy Sunday at haldon ,be brill tho.?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles