Norco Sight VLT

DeezNutzz

Jan 13, 2020
Temecula
Damn That fork really pops. How is the shock going comparing to the stock one? I’ve owned a diamond before and loved that but never one of their shocks. Is it shock size too?
the shock is legit love how it has volume spacers and everything you need to fully customize to your liking

robert

Dec 12, 2018
scotland
has anyone swapped out brake hoses or shifter cables on there VLT? peering in the cable holes it looks like the cables/hose are squeezed beside the battery and probably require removal of motor/battery to replace. would like to hear a 1st hand experience. thank you!

robert

Dec 12, 2018
scotland
Have had my sight VLT2 since December. Its a beast. Swapped those SRAM brakes for XT 4 pot and am very happy with them. Had a derailleur problem after a stack and replaced the NX with XO. Happy with the suspension set up at the moment, I am 95kg so it seems to work well for where I ride. Love this bike. Rode the Cube and Merida but neither could compare to the VLT. Battery life is amazing. Can easily ride for 3 hours in any hills. Have never run out of battery. Have done 80+ km on firetrails and still had 2 bars left. No complaints here at all.

Apr 25, 2019
Perth Western Australia
How many people travel with their bikes usually? I have done it a number of times with the regular bike, I'd love to do it with the Norco. Obviously the battery is the big problem here. I was wondering what everyone would think of a crowd sourced battery programme. I don't even know where you could get spare batteries from, I assume Norco/Simplo sell them? But if you could have batteries available in different locations then we could travel and pick up a battery when we get there, same as you can rent them for standard shimano batteries at various locations.

Not quite sure on the logistics of everything but I'm sure there is an idea there. Obviously relies on the extent to which everyone would travel with their VLT (Sight or Range).

Doesn't anyone else travel to ride? Most Aussies I know travel around a bit a couple of batteries in Derby would be handy!

Axelnose

Oct 30, 2019
Adelaide Australia
the shock is legit love how it has volume spacers and everything you need to fully customize to your liking

Any chance you could share your settings on the shock? Psi, spacers, rebound and all that. Just got a second hand one and keen to get it going but there’s a lot of trial and error and a good base would help. Cheers ?

Number29_NZ

Feb 16, 2020
New Zealand
Has anyone had issues with the 630wh battery being a frame specific non shimano branded battery, any warranty issues?
Curious if you could purchase a replacement in a few years time easily.

Etacata

Jan 21, 2019
Mt. Hood, OR
I've been on a vlt 1 for almost a year now. in the beginning when switching on the battery the battery level indicator on the control screen would not show battery level. bike still rode but no level displayed. that issue was corrected with a shimano steps firmware correction. no issues since. the 630watt battery is superior to my friends 500watt kenevo.

I purchased my bike from a store that does only ebikes and confident they could fix any issues that might arise. great bike!

Number29_NZ

Feb 16, 2020
New Zealand
I've been on a vlt 1 for almost a year now. in the beginning when switching on the battery the battery level indicator on the control screen would not show battery level. bike still rode but no level displayed. that issue was corrected with a shimano steps firmware correction. no issues since. the 630watt battery is superior to my friends 500watt kenevo.

I purchased my bike from a store that does only ebikes and confident they could fix any issues that might arise. great bike!
Thanks for that, I demo rode a Commencal meta power 29, loved the steps system, the extra range I could get from the Sight VLT is appealing, anyone ran the range extender? would make for a massive day out.

DeezNutzz

Jan 13, 2020
Temecula
Any chance you could share your settings on the shock? Psi, spacers, rebound and all that. Just got a second hand one and keen to get it going but there’s a lot of trial and error and a good base would help. Cheers ?
Il
I weigh about 194lbs riding weight and for the shock I’m at 195 with two volume spacers on top and one on bottom and it feels great

Etacata

Jan 21, 2019
Mt. Hood, OR
Thanks for that, I demo rode a Commencal meta power 29, loved the steps system, the extra range I could get from the Sight VLT is appealing, anyone ran the range extender? would make for a massive day out.

I wish the range extender was available for the 27.5 model but it isn't. no bottle mounts.

JasonB

Jan 18, 2019
Sydney
Well my Norco decided to play no more, first problem was the bike would just shut down, left the bike for a day and then managed 2 rides, now a error codes comes up "E 010", it is now at the bike shop, they said the Shimano diagnostic software can find the fault, the shop has ordered in a new power cable to try, hopefully will be back soon. The bike shop has been great to deal with and are talking to Norco and Shimano here in Australia.

IMG_4567.JPG

albort1

Jan 19, 2019
Sydney NSW
Had a similar problem with my Sight VLT last year.Turned out to be the wiring harness.Be aware that there are two separate harnesses in there as they changed the larger one without success,then changed the smaller one and I haven’t had a problem since.It was a Norco fault not Shimano.Hope this info helps.

Apr 25, 2019
Perth Western Australia
Had a similar problem with my Sight VLT last year.Turned out to be the wiring harness.Be aware that there are two separate harnesses in there as they changed the larger one without success,then changed the smaller one and I haven’t had a problem since.It was a Norco fault not Shimano.Hope this info helps.

Same here, sounds like what happened with mine, similarly swapped out wiring harnesses problem has not arisen again.

Axelnose

Oct 30, 2019
Adelaide Australia
Il
I weigh about 194lbs riding weight and for the shock I’m at 195 with two volume spacers on top and one on bottom and it feels great

Thanks for that mate!I contacted DVO and Ronnie responded by telling me to run 250 in the main chamber and 200 in the piggy. I’m about 88kg.
It was so fkn firm. Your setup felt better but I’ll still do some tinkering. I’m guessing you’re running 200 in the piggyback ? ?

Apr 25, 2019
Perth Western Australia
Has anyone tried to lighten their Sight VLT? I haven't done the excercise but I'm curious if you applied the same spec as say the lightest Levo SL, how close you could get. There is about 800 gms in the motor and I'm guessing about 1600-1700 gms in the battery so circa 2.5kgs? I imagine the Norco frame is heavier but not hugely. I could imagine getting the Norco myabe just under 20kg without being crazy, wheels, tyres, cassette, cranks, seatpost sundry other items. I wonder if the ride would be hugely different. Down to 18.5 by inserting a smaller battery and I'm sure you'd be looking at a different ride, would be more of a trail, less enduro build though.

Number29_NZ

Feb 16, 2020
New Zealand
Picked up the Sight today, wow what a bike.
Straight off the bat I installed CushCore, riding in Christchurch NZ is quite rocky, bike has E13 rims which are made out of cheese, so wise investment.
Rode 36km, mix of eco / trail / boost, just getting a feel for the bike, finished up with 2 bars of battery left.
Thinking of upgrading the fork internals, the basic select Lyrik is fine but blows through it's travel fast.

The modern geometry on the new Norco's shines on the downhills, rode a mix of mellow flow right through to steep double black DH trails.
the sight ate it up no worries, great all rounder.

Off on a few more rides this weekend, might put up a youtube video for the hell of it.

shred on!!!

Sight VLT.jpg

JasonB

Jan 18, 2019
Sydney

The bike shop did get a cable in to try with no luck, unsure if was the whole cable or part of.
So they have decided to send the motor to Shimano Australia which was nearly 3 weeks ago, bike shop is flooded with work at the moment which is understandable. Hopefully they will hear from Shimano soon, though I would of thought the diagnostic software would of seen a fault with the motor, but it couldn't find a fault in the system.

ville101

Jan 31, 2020
canada
suspension upgrade:
fork Fox 36 float grip2 170 factory 2020
shock Fox dhx2 2 position, used, disassembled from knolly fugitive lt with nukeproof light spring 450lb

View attachment 16347

View attachment 16349
nice suspension set up upgrade. would you please share your experience with that set up please.. i am running a cane creek db coil shock with 500lbs spring and everything is great except bottoming out in 3feet drop or jumps.. please please let me know what spring works for you. im about 70kg in weight..

thank you
eville
FC45EFEA-DC4A-45CB-96AF-9D676CE0EB6C.jpeg

Stray cat

Aug 24, 2018
On the trails
suspension upgrade:
fork Fox 36 float grip2 170 factory 2020
shock Fox dhx2 2 position, used, disassembled from knolly fugitive lt with nukeproof light spring 450lb

View attachment 16347

View attachment 16349
nice suspension set up upgrade. would you please share your experience with that set up please.. i am running a cane creek db coil shock with 500lbs spring and everything is great except bottoming out in 3feet drop or jumps.. please please let me know what spring works for you. im about 70kg in weight..

thank you
eville View attachment 31372

Here running a Rock Shox Superdeluxe Ultimate coil and no worries on bottoming out.
Weighing 93 Kg and with 600lbs spring. On the other hand,I think it’s normal,bottoming out in 3 feet o more, mainly on drops

IMG_0116.jpg

ville101

Jan 31, 2020
canada
Here running a Rock Shox Superdeluxe Ultimate coil and no worries on bottoming out.
Weighing 93 Kg and with 600lbs spring. On the other hand,I think it’s normal,bottoming out in 3 feet o more, mainly on drops

View attachment 31377
thats good to hear.. i am thinking 450lbs-550lbs progressive spring from cane creek. do you think this will be good for my 70kg weight?

ville101

Jan 31, 2020
canada
that sounds like a good spring weight to go with.
hi guys. i found a cane creek 550lbs spring and manage to try last weekend and it feels more support in everything i do but unfortunately still bottoms out in 3 foot drop.. so i decided to buy myself a cane creek progressive spring 500lbs-610lbs.. i let you guys know..

Axelnose

Oct 30, 2019
Adelaide Australia

thank you
eville View attachment 31372
You need a progressive spring. The Sight isn’t designed for a Coil like the Range is so a progressive spring will fix (help) that

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles