Peddling resistance

Mikeyrwatts

Mar 28, 2020
Teignmouth
Hi, I have a Giant Dirt-E hardtail. I have seemed to have developed a problem today. Unless I am riding in sport mode I am getting pedal resistance, it feels like my brakes are on when they are not. I can free wheel ok and the wheels spin with out touching the pads. Does anyone what this is and I should I be worried?

Thanks

Mikeyrwatts

Mar 28, 2020
Teignmouth
I have checked the whole bike over. I have ridden it again since and it was ok, I am going out for a longer ride again today. I think it was the motor

GrandPaBrogan

⚡ eGeezer ⚡
Oct 5, 2019
New Zealand
Hi, I have a Giant Dirt-E hardtail. I have seemed to have developed a problem today. Unless I am riding in sport mode I am getting pedal resistance, it feels like my brakes are on when they are not. I can free wheel ok and the wheels spin with out touching the pads. Does anyone what this is and I should I be worried?

Thanks
Could be the motor... or possibly water ingress into the crank axle bearings causing them to seize... or possibly a defective ratchet for the crank axle itself inside the motor. The sport-mode may be overpowering the resistance enough for you not to notice it, but lower settings reveal that it's there.

I would bring that immediately to your dealer to be checked out. Hopefully an issue that is covered under your warranty.

Last edited:

Toastednuts

Mar 14, 2021
Devon, UK

Thanks
I have developed the same issue - did you get yours resolved?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles