TVDW

TVDW

Mar 3, 2020
Netherlands
New owner of a specialized turbo levo comp 2020.
My first E-bike experience.
If you have some advice for my turbo levo, please let me know.

Thanks!

KennyB

E*POWAH Master
Aug 25, 2019
Taunton
Change the jockey wheels straight away. My last two bikes'jockey wheels lasted about 4 months. I went for Hope, then Superstar on my Levo Comp, although I notice uberbike do them as well. Only other changes I made is to a X1 chain when the original wore out, and knogg oi and Timber bells. Oh and Invisiframe and go tubeless. Use Milkit valves, Stan's sealant and a Stan's DART. Don't use a jet wash, or even spray from a hose, I use a cone brush on a hose, no detergent, and just brush and rinse. Smear a little silicone grease around the seal on the battery plug (not the contacts). Nearly forgot, enjoy.

TVDW

Mar 3, 2020
Netherlands
Change the jockey wheels straight away. My last two bikes'jockey wheels lasted about 4 months. I went for Hope, then Superstar on my Levo Comp, although I notice uberbike do them as well. Only other changes I made is to a X1 chain when the original wore out, and knogg oi and Timber bells. Oh and Invisiframe and go tubeless. Use Milkit valves, Stan's sealant and a Stan's DART. Don't use a jet wash, or even spray from a hose, I use a cone brush on a hose, no detergent, and just brush and rinse. Smear a little silicone grease around the seal on the battery plug (not the contacts). Nearly forgot, enjoy.
Thanks for the tips KennyB.

James_C

Nov 25, 2019
Kent, UK
keep water away from the bearings. My jockey wheels seized, and also had to replace hub bearings. That's after 3 months.

I'd also be careful not to overload the chain, change gear in time, and not uphill under full load. Snapped mine. I'm now a lot gentler with it.

I'd also be careful not to run the battery too low. It will greatly reduce power at about 20%. don't get caught short!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles