Canyon Spectral On feedback

Grilito

Dec 19, 2019
Figueira da Foz
Hello friends. After three months of buying spectral on 6 2019 I can already say something about the experience of my first ebike. At this moment I have already traveled 2000 kilometers on the bike, I am satisfied with the purchase I made but I could be happier with certain subjects. In this time that has already passed I changed the rear tire, I already changed the brake pads, the chain, I already broke the axle of the rear hub (I never liked Shimano hubs), besides I think that the weakest point of the bike is the bushings of the shock absorber link, in 3 months I’ll be in the third kit, to be honest I think it’s always going to be the weak point of the bike and I’ll be constantly slack on the link, I’m testing the SKF bushings right now but I doubt it will improve, unless you try the new link screws. Motor works great and Battery Health is 85% after 35 cycles. I contacted the Iberian Canyon to report the situation of the bushings and I was never able to resolve the situation, in relation to the axle of the broken Shimano hub they wanted me to send the bike or the wheel to them and decided if they would give me a guarantee or not, so I didn't want to wait 1 month for the problem to be solved and bought a new cube. Even so with all these problems I think the bike moves well on the ground and the proof of that is that I have had a lot of fun ???

I take a vídeo of my last Ride ??⚡

Last edited:

Tim.scrap

Jun 10, 2019
Germany
Nice Ride. I have comparable riding style, but i think you are still a little faster ;-)

Well tire, brake pads ans chain are going even faster off on ebike. For me brake pad 1000km and tire ca. 2000km.

Why your battery has just 85% with few cylces is a big questionmark. I have 32 and 99%. Second battery approx same. But i nearly never charge more than 80%. If than just very short before riding. Modern batteries don't like very high or low levels.

How did you broke the axle of rear hub?

Grilito

Dec 19, 2019
Figueira da Foz
Nice Ride. I have comparable riding style, but i think you are still a little faster ;-)

Well tire, brake pads ans chain are going even faster off on ebike. For me brake pad 1000km and tire ca. 2000km.

Why your battery has just 85% with few cylces is a big questionmark. I have 32 and 99%. Second battery approx same. But i nearly never charge more than 80%. If than just very short before riding. Modern batteries don't like very high or low levels.

How did you broke the axle of rear hub?
I do not have my idea how I broke the axle, but probably in a bigger jump or in a bad fit, one day when I took the wheel off, I had the axle in two parts in my hand ? Do you have a Shimano motor and Shimano battery? in relation to the battery, I turn around, usually I always reach the limit of charge and that same day I leave the battery charging at night, and these are the numbers that the APP presents me.

Tim.scrap

Jun 10, 2019
Germany
I have 2019 spectral on 7. so all same
Got it Jan. 2019 and just 3.300km.
If you not store the battery longer on 100% than i have no idea why yours is already down to 85%. I guess you adressed that to Canyon.

I changed the bushings once at beginning . Now they have a little movement but not so much to change them again.

Grilito

Dec 19, 2019
Figueira da Foz
I have 2019 spectral on 7. so all same
Got it Jan. 2019 and just 3.300km.
If you not store the battery longer on 100% than i have no idea why yours is already down to 85%. I guess you adressed that to Canyon.

I changed the bushings once at beginning . Now they have a little movement but not so much to change them again.
Ohh hi try to see what Canyon say about Battery, in Shimano steps site say 65% Health with 1000 cicles ? you have YouTube Channel?

davemcc1248

Jan 1, 2020
northern ireland
I fitted the skf bushings and enduro bearings at Xmas so far so good I think because my bearings had failed caused the bushings to fail. The original bearings and bushings only last 3 months/ 12 rides poor quality with little grease in them.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles