Scott Genius eRide 910

fishcake

Sep 25, 2018
Yorkshire
I have a Genius eRide 910 (2020) on order, Hopefully should be here in the next week or so. :)
Is there anybody else on here with eRide 2020? (with Bosch Gen 4)
Wondering how loud the motor sounds on the Scott?
And how much range with the 625wh battery? - I'm used to Shimano with 500wh
I tested a different bike with the gen 4 and it was silent couldn't tell it was on (it was) and at the cut off you could hardly notice the motor disengaging. But I didn't test in anger off road, it was a car park test.

I also notice the bike comes with cables pre-installed for lights, any one had lights hard wired in?
I wondered how much drain on the battery a decent light (1000 lumen) up front would have.

Cheers
AJ

fishcake

Sep 25, 2018
Yorkshire
I’m in the Uk, the shop I’m getting it from have had 5 in but sold them all. I was told mine would be available start of Feb but that was pushed back 2 weeks.

fishcake

Sep 25, 2018
Yorkshire
Unfortunately the 910 are sold out, and my bike wasn't on the latest delivery so my LBS are speaking to Scott to try and source one from somewhere else in Europe.If they cant find a 910 then I might have to get the 900 Tuned as they have some coming in end of Feb.

fishcake

Sep 25, 2018
Yorkshire
Picked my 910 up today. Wow what a bike.
Only managed 12 miles before it rained but battery life way better then expected. Only used 1 bar of battery and mainly used Tour and Emtb mode. Seemed to have more assistance then the Shimano. And it really flew down the rough stuff.
4E84BA2C-0CEB-444E-A05B-0B05043CA477.jpeg

fishcake

Sep 25, 2018
Yorkshire
I have got to say the range on this thing is amazing.
I had a Lapierre with Shimano Steps before and would typically get 18-20 miles out of one 504w/h battery, riding how I wanted (mostly trail mode).
With this Scott for the exact same miles I’m using only 20% battery (using trail/tour mode). Must be a combination of the new gen4, 625w/h battery and the 29er wheels.
For anyone interested the new Bosch Gen 4 is quieter then the Shimano but not as quiet as Brose. As reported by others, I have heard some rattles from the motor when not peddling downhill, but it’s not a issue for me.

Last edited:

Rusty

E*POWAH BOSS
Jul 17, 2019
New Zealand
Desperately waiting for my 900 Tuned.
Was supposed to be end of January - then end February - now 9th April. With the NZ currently on a 4 week lockdown and me waiting for a back operation I don't see me riding it until late April or May - man am I starting to get edgy.

Shane(NZ)

Sep 4, 2019
NewZealand
Picked my 910 up today. Wow what a bike.
Only managed 12 miles before it rained but battery life way better then expected. Only used 1 bar of battery and mainly used Tour and Emtb mode. Seemed to have more assistance then the Shimano. And it really flew down the rough stuff. View attachment 27411
How many modes does the Gen 4 have? I have a Trek LT9 with the Gen 2(eco,trail,EMTB,turbo) I really like the EMTB mode which I use most then trail and turbo for the steep long bitch climbs.
Bike looks good, I dont like the upside down shock ,hopefully it doesnt become a thing!
Enjoy your new range

Rusty

E*POWAH BOSS
Jul 17, 2019
New Zealand
How many modes does the Gen 4 have? I have a Trek LT9 with the Gen 2(eco,trail,EMTB,turbo) I really like the EMTB mode which I use most then trail and turbo for the steep long bitch climbs.
Has 5 assist modes (I think including Walk) + EMTB.
Bike looks good, I dont like the upside down shock ,hopefully it doesnt become a thing!
Enjoy your new range
Seems to be something that is trending. I initially thought WTF when I got my eGenius but from talking to one of the Fox design team I was advised that the Trunion style shock gives better rigidity. Not too sure about that, but thinking back to things we did in early MX it would change the sprung/unsprung weight ratio.

games133

Apr 19, 2020
hartlepool
hi how the bike doing? ive just selling my trel powerfly 7 lt plus and getting a ex demo one with 118 miles on it for get this £4199 im just waiting for it to be seviced and thing that might need doing done. but carnt wait has any one chiped one and can bosh tell if been done

Rusty

E*POWAH BOSS
Jul 17, 2019
New Zealand
The Tuned arrived yesterday. Still laid up with a back issue so only a nana rider around the block.
Love the feel of the G4 motor though and while a tad noisier than my old Levo is not obnoxious and is quieter than the e8000 powered eGenius I had.

DSC_0016 (Medium).JPG

DSC_0021 (Medium).JPG

Rusty

E*POWAH BOSS
Jul 17, 2019
New Zealand
Very nice bike. Love the Hixon bars.
Sounds like we are in agreement about the motor.
Undecided on the bars until I get fixed and can put some real time on the bike. I like my bars width and shape much how I liked my motocross bars. The width is around where your arms are when you do a push-up and the angle (sweep & +/-) how your fists are when you hold your arms out at the approximate width you need. Racing a few 12/24hr solos in the past had having raced ISDE type events I know this reduced wrist and shoulder discomfort as well as giving better control. Only 30km pavement but they feel a reasonable shape.
The grips suck for me - probably put on some nice big Easton grips - hell, even foam grips are better than those skinny things that are stock.
A bit more time on the motor - rode a loop that gave me a couple decent climbs and pretty much stayed in eMTB mode - looks like that will do most everything for me.

fishcake

Sep 25, 2018
Yorkshire
I found emtb mode to be as efficient as Tour and to be honest eco used more battery then either of them. And I don’t use Turbo mode.

Rusty

E*POWAH BOSS
Jul 17, 2019
New Zealand
Had a bit of a blast today around the club track. 16.4km, 194M climbing, 18.9kph average and had 30% battery remaining. Have not charged since I got it so probably had 12-15km nana cruising as well.
Considering I haven't been on a bike since January I am kind of stoked as on race nights my average is around 20.5kph. Seeing I am way unfit from a month in bad and then kind of 2 months stumbling around the house or under Covid house arrest I am way happy. Turbo on this thing is probably unnecessary. I did find that it felt a lot more nimble than my Levo and the weight balance is much better than my 2019 eGenius with the Shimano motor.
Had no timing going into corners and when I dropped down something while standing up my legs just folded under me and had me sitting back down. Had to crawl to my canes to get out of the garage and into the bathroom for a shower. Once I have the op recuperation is going to be a bitch.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles