Status
Not open for further replies.

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
What size battery are people expecting this featherweight to have?

westcoastmtbr

Aug 22, 2019
California USA
And wait to see the premium price for this bike if it happens. Remember, the current Levo has a strong following, so offering a Superlight Levo in the say 6k USD (4600 Pounds) will only serve to eat away at your cash cow. So my guess is also 9k USD (6900 Pounds) for any new Superlight. So here we go, the ultralight wars begin and there will be no end. Lease your bike? LOL

Dpca10

Dec 20, 2018
USA
Yeah just a guess but specialized isn’t messing around I don’t think they are going for a modest weight reduction, but every g under 39 pounds is likely to add a dollar a gram to the price

jcmonty

Sep 5, 2018
California
my latest info this subject received today by a retailer:
- probably 21st January publication about 4 new Specialized bikes
- 26th retailer event by Specialized
- Ultralight version will come - very convinced
- new Tarmac
- the other 2 bikes are not known...

FWIW - was at my local Spec dealer today, and asked if there "was anything coming" announcement way. They indicated something "next month".

RickBullotta

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jun 5, 2019
USA
I don't think 36 lbs is going to happen, but I'd be happy to be proven wrong. I'm hoping for 38-39.

Honestly, is that much of a difference from 40? 44? I haven't found the "flickability" of a 44 pound eMTB to much of a problem thus far. I suppose it would be "better", but at what cost in terms of range or $$$?

jd_3d

Patreon
Jul 12, 2018
California
Honestly, is that much of a difference from 40? 44? I haven't found the "flickability" of a 44 pound eMTB to much of a problem thus far. I suppose it would be "better", but at what cost in terms of range or $$$?

My Levo is currently 46 lbs, so dropping down to something that weighed 38 would be a big deal for me. I'm also a light rider (135 lbs) so bike weight is more important than say a 180 lb rider. But in general just seeing a trend for each generation getting lighter is what I want to see, rather than the 60+ lb Haibike FlyOn which (for my riding) is going in the wrong direction.

RickBullotta

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jun 5, 2019
USA
My Levo is currently 46 lbs, so dropping down to something that weighed 38 would be a big deal for me. I'm also a light rider (135 lbs) so bike weight is more important than say a 180 lb rider. But in general just seeing a trend for each generation getting lighter is what I want to see, rather than the 60+ lb Haibike FlyOn which (for my riding) is going in the wrong direction.

makes sense. I’m just hoping that we don’t see a wave of $12000 eMTBs as a result.

westcoastmtbr

Aug 22, 2019
California USA
Why would they not charge something in the tune of $12,000.00? They will kill the sales of the current Levo if they offer it at a near price, and that's not going to happen. You pay for cutting edge tech. ie, the iPhone 10 was $1k when it came out. Prepare to be shocked!

Mondfuchs

Jun 24, 2019
Switzerland
FWIW - was at my local Spec dealer today, and asked if there "was anything coming" announcement way. They indicated something "next month".
indeed... seems to be in delay. There must be some serious reason for :unsure:- but in my opinion better to present a new bike without or less potential issues and delays :sneaky: - enough experience might exist in that sense :p...
I'm more interested these days to be not beta tester (anymore :giggle:) ...

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
The current bike still isn't 100%, what makes you think they'll get a new release right first time?

jcmonty

Sep 5, 2018
California
This is pure speculation, but if there are rumors of multiple bikes, I could see the following:

1) E-"Trail" bike - maybe removable battery/motor, 120-130mm travel, 650b, <40lbs with electronics, ~35lb without, modern geo not too aggressive, ~ 300wh battery.

2) E- "Enduro" bike (new levo - though I am not sure if they would replace their current one) - ~155-160mm travel, 29er, +25mm reach from Levo, ~ 64.5-65 deg HTA, 76 deg STA, WB + 20mm, progressive suspension designed for coil or air shock. Removable motor/battery design as well, but bigger battery 500-700wh. <48lbs with electronics, ~ <40lb without

Projecting my wishes a bit maybe :)

mxengineer1

Oct 29, 2018
Ohio, USA
I heard from a LBS that a small group of dealers have already seen and ridden the all new Levo SL and as usual are sworn to secrecy. This Levo SL will come in around 38 lbs and basically keeps the current Levo carbon frame and 150mm travel. The weight reduction is primarily in the smaller battery (380~400Whr) and new Creo style motor. It is suppose to have about 22 mile range with the smaller/lighter battery and easy to add the water bottle style extra battery for more range. I've heard the Creo style motor in the Levo SL felt similar in power/torque feel to the current Levo Brose motor. Pricing most likely will be premium at first (as you are paying for latest tech motor/battery/class leading light weight). Announcement should be coming soon (February?) from Specialized with production model getting to dealers this fall as 2021 model.

JSQ

Jan 28, 2020
Finland
I heard from a LBS that a small group of dealers have already seen and ridden the all new Levo SL and as usual are sworn to secrecy. This Levo SL will come in around 38 lbs and basically keeps the current Levo carbon frame and 150mm travel. The weight reduction is primarily in the smaller battery (380~400Whr) and new Creo style motor. It is suppose to have about 22 mile range with the smaller/lighter battery and easy to add the water bottle style extra battery for more range. I've heard the Creo style motor in the Levo SL felt similar in power/torque feel to the current Levo Brose motor. Pricing most likely will be premium at first (as you are paying for latest tech motor/battery/class leading light weight). Announcement should be coming soon (February?) from Specialized with production model getting to dealers this fall as 2021 model.

In my part of the world the S-Works will be a ridiculous 14 000 € :eek:

Tipsterpfd

Jan 16, 2020
Usa
Great post, was at my local dealer Monday going over the Levo comp carbon vs alum, carbon shows on consumer web page but his shows no carbon in Levo comp. I will hold off til March to see how things shake out, sounds like something happening soon.

Enon

Aug 4, 2019
Uk
The Levo SL will be launched next week and will start shipping straight away. There will be aluminium and carbon models- prices I believe will start from £4999 for ali the version. It will have exactly the same motor/battery system as the Creo SL. Time to get excited! Most models will come with Fox 34’s as standard.

ImSundee

Jan 20, 2020
Oxford
The Levo SL will be launched next week and will start shipping straight away. There will be aluminium and carbon models- prices I believe will start from £4999 for ali the version. It will have exactly the same motor/battery system as the Creo SL. Time to get excited! Most models will come with Fox 34’s as standard.
Any mention of battery? Weight ect. I'm really tempted by this :)

Enon

Aug 4, 2019
Uk
Any mention of battery? Weight ect. I'm really tempted by this :)

I don’t know exact weights, but I’m pretty sure the Sworks model will be around 16kg (could be under). The battery is in between 300 and 400Wh, however range boosters will be available. You should be able to put a couple in a reasonably sized backpack which is a real bonus.

JSQ

Jan 28, 2020
Finland
I don’t know exact weights, but I’m pretty sure the Sworks model will be around 16kg (could be under). The battery is in between 300 and 400Wh, however range boosters will be available. You should be able to put a couple in a reasonably sized backpack which is a real bonus.
The S-Works is 17 kg. Wish it would have been lighter. Now I think it’s too heavy for the bike making any sense.

Enon

Aug 4, 2019
Uk
The S-Works is 17 kg. Wish it would have been lighter. Now I think it’s too heavy for the bike making any sense.

Even so, in what world is 17kg too heavy? That's 3.8kg ligher than the S-works Levo which is a huge improvement and will be immediately noticeable on the trail. My current carbon enduro bike weighs in at 16kg and that's with air suspension front and rear. Looking at it in reference to an enduro rig, I'd be incredibly happy carrying around an extra kg or two whilst gaining an extra 250w of power when needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles