What did you buy your ebike this week?

Dan63

Feb 4, 2019
Brisbane
Lezyne E-Bike Marco Drive 1000 light . Just received and this thing looks like a gem. Great mounting system, small, light and plugs into the bike directly = no battery. A lot cheaper than the options from Lupine and Supanova which were out of my price range!

Also a Shimano BR-M8120 4 pot caliper to upgrade the BR-M8000 2 pot front. Should be a direct match to the old lever and hose. Shimano bleed kit to get it up and running and some fluid so i can get a nice firm lever :)

Finally a Fox Flux 2.0 MIPS for my noggin. Really cheap on sale at the moment and looks like a lovely trail helmet.

It's raining this weekend so no riding, might find some time to service the bike and fit some new parts! I can post pics and information on the light if anyone's interested. It's quite new and i struggled to find much info on it. Fun fact - the packaging lists compatibility with Shimano E9000 drive unit!

Astom22

Jan 11, 2020
Celina, TX
Have some work to do... Wish I didn't have to work tomorrow... Feeling a little sick... I think.

IMG_20200116_210315.jpg

Astom22

Jan 11, 2020
Celina, TX
Yeah even from here I can see how pale you are. Best you take the day off!

I couldn't take it, two and a half hours later and it's done. Wife headed to bed about ten and asked if I was staying up, she knew the answer. Now midnight and it's on the charger.

Only bummer was, my back disc got bent in shipping. I worked on it for a while and it's better, but still not like it should be. I'll contact YT tomorrow and hopefully get a new disc headed this way.
IMG_20200116_234349__01.jpg

DrStupid

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Jul 10, 2019
Pleasureville Ky
Leave the 34T on the front so you're not sacrificing top-end. Put a Shimano HG500 11-42 cassette in :) They are pretty cheap and i have previously used one to upgrade my analogue bike with great success. Possibly a Wolf Tooth Goatlink might be required as well - not sure about the Zee mech.
Thanks for the advice. I already tried the 30T chainring and like it though. I seldom peddle above the 20mph assist so what I give up is small compared to what I gain. I now have low gears very close to the original eagle setup, and the tall gear nets about 22 mph at 100 rpm. Its not versital, its custom tuned to suit my particular needs this winter.

routrax

E*POWAH Master
Jun 15, 2019
Uxbridge
I couldn't take it, two and a half hours later and it's done. Wife headed to bed about ten and asked if I was staying up, she knew the answer. Now midnight and it's on the charger.

Only bummer was, my back disc got bent in shipping. I worked on it for a while and it's better, but still not like it should be. I'll contact YT tomorrow and hopefully get a new disc headed this way. View attachment 24619

That's a great colour!

I wasn't sure about it in the YT site images.

HikerDave

Feb 9, 2019
Tempe
A new chain, and then a new cassette, because it turns out that my 12 inch steel rule measuring method isn’t accurate and I had 0.75 percent wear so the new chain skipped on the old cassette. Not bad since I got 3400 miles / 1 year out of the combination - could probably get more out of the cassette but I don’t want to dig the old chain out of the bin.

DrStupid

Patreon
Jul 10, 2019
Pleasureville Ky
After testing the hillbilly on the rear for a week... I ordered a new shorty.This one with the DH casing. I'm gonna put the punctured and patched exo shorty on the front, and the dh shorty on the rear.

I'm pretty sure the shorty is a better mud tire than the hillbilly, but my exo casing shorty didnt last long enough on the rear wheel to be certain of much. The hillbilly is good when it starts to tack up, but in the real sloppy stuff the shorty seems more to my liking about traction.

The fact that my shorty didnt last a week before a puncture sucks, but hopefully the DH casing fixes that.

NULevo

Nov 7, 2019
Nottingham
Got a double bottle cage adapter - the idea being to use one for all the bits that weigh my pockets down and the other for drink.

Fitted it and realised the cage from my old bike doesn't fit so need to get 2 matching new ones.
s-l500.jpg

s-l500.jpg

Astom22

Jan 11, 2020
Celina, TX
Stunlocker, not to boost the bike, just to set it to US (where I live) and set my rear tire to the correct circumference (mine was set to 3000mm for a 27.5 x 2.8, the tire has an actual circumference of 2281mm). This should solve my speed and distance being off by over 24%.

Last edited:

kafkastan

Aug 11, 2019
Brighton, UK
A pair of these natty bad boys ...
IMG_20200122_223224413 (Large).jpg

My bike debuted its first 'mystery creak' last time out, so I invested in these. This evening, I went to absolute town with spray lube more than since I first googled "why do my brakes suddenly sound like elephants dying?" One pair fewer of contaminated pads and they'll have paid for themselves!

Supratad

Nov 13, 2019
North Yorkshire, UK
Some Nox Sox covers for the pedals. For some reason, my lower left leg is getting cut to pieces and I can never notice it happening. I can only assume its all the hefting in and out of the car, which also needs protecting.

Beekeeper

🍯Honey Monster🍯
Aug 6, 2019
Surrey hills
Got a Mr Tuffy insert in the front tire but it’s for a 2.5 wide max tyre and I have a 2.6 So I’ve ordered one suitable from 2.35 - 3.00 wide. It’s the Lime coloured one and it’s coming all the way from California.

4A67303D-A9CD-426F-9E47-6943B475E629.jpeg

Intermtb

Jan 5, 2020
USA
Bought a bunch of stuff: shorter stem 40mm, 203mm rotor + adapter, U-Lock to lock my bike in garage, crankbros candy 1 pedals, boost adapter to use my old wheels.

future shopping list: longer travel dropper, carbon bar, shorter cranks arms 165mm

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Got a Mr Tuffy insert in the front tire but it’s for a 2.5 wide max tyre and I have a 2.6 So I’ve ordered one suitable from 2.35 - 3.00 wide. It’s the Lime coloured one and it’s coming all the way from California.

View attachment 24925

Don't you think you're taking this colour coding thing too far for things that people can't see ??

Will it "bee" a battery re-pack of black and yellow cells ?? :))

I see @RapidRacerProducts Ltd do a yellow puncture product ?? you could try this ??

RapidRacerProducts | PunctureGuard

Maybe then Sulphur gas instead of air ?? :)

p3eps

Subscriber
Dec 14, 2019
Scotland
Where do I start... collected my Trek Rail on Monday, and have bought the following this week:
Invisiframe kit
DMR Vault Mg Pedals
Mudhugger front mudguard
Shockwiz
Spare SRAM AXS battery
3min19sec Matchmaker adapter set
Topeak Mountain DA G pump
Osprey Siskin 8 backpack
MuckOff brush set

And last week in preparation, I bought some FiveTen Freeride EPS shoes and RaceFace Flank knee / shin pads.

I’m hoping that the stock setup of the bike is good enough, and that I won’t need to buy any upgrades for a while!! A bottle cage and some Ergon grips are the only outstanding things on my list at the moment.

Beekeeper

🍯Honey Monster🍯
Aug 6, 2019
Surrey hills
Don't you think you're taking this colour coding thing too far for things that people can't see ??

Will it "bee" a battery re-pack of black and yellow cells ?? :))

I see @RapidRacerProducts Ltd do a yellow puncture product ?? you could try this ??

RapidRacerProducts | PunctureGuard

Maybe then Sulphur gas instead of air ?? :)

It does amaze me that we have developed technology to land on the moon yet we still can’t stop a thorn going through a tyre.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles