Forest Of Dean, The one with hills... 28 September

StuR

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Apr 28, 2018
Forest of Dean
How close to the road is the chute? Right on it, or is there some run out?
About a 20mtr run out

I'll go back and scope it out properly from top to bottom.
There were multiple natural trails/lines at the top .
Once i sussed out the best way , I'll gpx it and/or take you fellas up there and show you.
As I said , I stumbled across it , but im confident I can find it again

Ryder77

Sep 26, 2019
United Kingdom
There is one trail that starts up by the football pitch that I don't know the name of that is rideable .
It runs high above the road to Coleford and runs kinda parallel to the road heading down towards the main entrance .
It's proper nuts , vertical chutes and rock slabs and finishes with a steep chute onto the main road about half a KM above Mary Rose
It's undisturbed by felling but it's definitely a black run , not for the faint hearted and I must admit I minced down most of it .

Think I did this one two weeks ago, sounds exactly like you describe. I parked by the football pitch, then picked up the first trail and turned left when it forked, over toward the Coleford road side.

Went back today and found there is another trail to the one I did 2 weeks ago, starts the same but there is a branch off that goes further down (still Coleford Road side). Found this trail even more extreme/steep in places and it ends up with a long run down towards a 3 foot high jump over the stream close to the road and an escape route if you don't fancy the jump, which I didn't today!

After this excitement I rode past Dowies- plenty of people riding there today.

fodmtb

Sep 4, 2018
Forest of Dean
Think I did this one two weeks ago, sounds exactly like you describe. I parked by the football pitch, then picked up the first trail and turned left when it forked, over toward the Coleford road side.

Went back today and found there is another trail to the one I did 2 weeks ago, starts the same but there is a branch off that goes further down (still Coleford Road side). Found this trail even more extreme/steep in places and it ends up with a long run down towards a 3 foot high jump over the stream close to the road and an escape route if you don't fancy the jump, which I didn't today!

After this excitement I rode past Dowies- plenty of people riding there today.
Thats one of mine & Charlie tracks on fetter hill (stream gap). We repaired it recently and added a few new corners for our Xmas ride. I got 5 other (whiter) trails very close across the hill on that side. Same style steep and tech, if you can find them ;-)

Last edited:

fodmtb

Sep 4, 2018
Forest of Dean
Ref the harvesting taking place i'm in contact with FE on this topic Doey & Dave . Once finished we will get back in there and repair them. No drama, we've been through this many times before. Good community of us live in Ellwood , so they will get repaired. Harvesting will then move onto Murdocks and shutcastle .Overall duration is expected to last 1 mth. However they won’t be in there this week.

Last edited:

Ryder77

Sep 26, 2019
United Kingdom
Thats one of mine & Charlie tracks on fetter hill (stream gap). We repaired it recently and added a few new corners for our Xmas ride. I got 5 other (whiter) trails very close across the hill on that side. Same style steep and tech, if you can find them ;-)

Got half way down it and there was a fairly steep roll-in with loose rock/stone at the top going in to a hard left turn before sweeping back to the right again, that I need to go back and do, as well as the stream jump at the end.

I will go and look for the others too, any pointers ;)?

Did you also build one that runs fairly parallel to the Coleford Road and starts not too far after Coalway? Found that a few weeks back and was fun.

Thanks for the trails!

fodmtb

Sep 4, 2018
Forest of Dean
Got half way down it and there was a fairly steep roll-in with loose rock/stone at the top going in to a hard left turn before sweeping back to the right again, that I need to go back and do, as well as the stream jump at the end.

I will go and look for the others too, any pointers ;)?

Did you also build one that runs fairly parallel to the Coleford Road and starts not too far after Coalway? Found that a few weeks back and was fun.

Thanks for the trails!
Tricky track in the wet for sure , but love it .Think most of my whiter trails are on strava . All start either back of footy pitch or straight on past by dowies1 trail. They basically all go steep over the bank towards the road.
Ref your final point , can’t really make out from your description, but we’ve made a lot for sure ?

Last edited:

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
Anyone out this weekend? I can ride Saturday and/or Sunday.

fodmtb

Sep 4, 2018
Forest of Dean
Just FYI gents d1-5 are un rideable . Look ok from the start but the bottom are gone ref harvesting.
8E8D6566-4F00-4B96-BE66-AC897BD689B6.jpeg

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
I will be free on Sunday and riding but family commitment tomorrow- will be around on Sun from 10am- no pressure either way :)
I can ride on Sunday as well, what do you fancy?

galaga187

E*POWAH Master
Apr 15, 2018
Wroughton
A few police (PCSO) at the visitor centre today warning riders not to post rides on Strava and social media. They think people are targeting tomorrows race events. £10k of bikes went last night.

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
Who’s out this weekend then?

I’m not sure about Saturday yet; I didn’t think I could ride so my bikes still in bits after last weekends clean-up but I should be able to chuck it back together after work tonight if anyone fancies it.

I’m there Sunday with @JetSetDemo and @Tunny. All are welcome.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles