VIC Alpine trips

CjP

PRIME TIME
Subscriber
Jan 1, 2019
Everywhere
Just putting it out there if anyone’s interested.
I will be doing a few trips to the Vic alpines this year so if anyone’s keen to tag along post your thoughts.

CjP

PRIME TIME
Subscriber
Jan 1, 2019
Everywhere
Lake mountain booked for 25th Jan if anyone interested. Mix of ebikes and paddlers so nothing crazy fast. Although I will wait for no one on the downhill sections.

CjP

PRIME TIME
Subscriber
Jan 1, 2019
Everywhere
Yeah I went on the day it opened. Second rider on the trails. Was just mint and un molested! Then went a week later after snow hit and it was a mud fest up top, loved that too.
Can’t wait!
Will also do Buller early Feb. Details tbc
happy 4bing

Pylie1

Jan 19, 2020
Australia
Didn't know there was one I will definitely check it out and Maydena bike trails as well
it’s called the North South trail and drops into Glenorky (I think that’s how you spell it) from the top of My Wellington. Great trail with great features. Pretty sure it’s on YouTube as well. Maydena is in the cards as well ! I’ll see if I can find a link

Pdoz

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Feb 16, 2019
Maffra Victoria Australia
I haven’t done Bulla but definitely fate it better than Falls Creek

Do yourself a favour and visit buller! The place is emtb heaven - once you've done the epic it's time to taste the other x country options or just spend some time doing gravity runs. If you have both e and me mtb's take them both. Check out airbnb for on mountain accomodation options if you have a group - we recently stayed in a 3 br chalet that slept 9 for about $150 a night!

Jono967

Apr 4, 2019
Victoria Australia
Do yourself a favour and visit buller! The place is emtb heaven - once you've done the epic it's time to taste the other x country options or just spend some time doing gravity runs. If you have both e and me mtb's take them both. Check out airbnb for on mountain accomodation options if you have a group - we recently stayed in a 3 br chalet that slept 9 for about $150 a night![/QUOTE
Will do??

CjP

PRIME TIME
Subscriber
Jan 1, 2019
Everywhere
This has me intrigued - are you saying lake mtn is better than the buller epic, falls creek, etc?
Definitely on the must do list now!
No Buller is better for sure but lake mountain is a pretty good. Definitely better than Falls Creek.

Pdoz

Feb 16, 2019
No Buller is better for sure but lake mountain is a pretty good. Definitely better than Falls Creek.

Thanks, buller is about the same travel time as lake mountain for me , although the trip to buller us more of an adventure ( the kids ride half the Jamieson Licola rd ) . I'll still drag myself over to lake mountain this season - Falls was planned for last week but the fires/ road closures stopped that .

CjP

PRIME TIME
Subscriber
Jan 1, 2019
Everywhere
Yeah I’m gonna do two days at Buller this time around so I can do the gravity trails as well. It’s been 8 years since I’ve done them, hanging to hit them on my Kenevo!

aussieskier

Feb 4, 2019
Melbourne, Australia
Just pulled the trigger on a 2020 Levo Comp. Heading up to Buller for the long weekend, have a place up there so will be relatively regularly. I'm a fair noob so looking forward to getting more in to things.

Reactions: CjP

CjP

PRIME TIME
Subscriber
Jan 1, 2019
Everywhere
Just pulled the trigger on a 2020 Levo Comp. Heading up to Buller for the long weekend, have a place up there so will be relatively regularly. I'm a fair noob so looking forward to getting more in to things.
Oh nice! Great place to break the bike in, I’ll be up there mid feb at this stage.

wepn

The Barking Owl ?
Jul 18, 2019
AU
Heading up to Buller for the long weekend
So relieved Buller escaped the fire destruction. Just small outbreaks but a reminder that we need to do everything to protect it.

Buller.jpg

Pdoz

Feb 16, 2019

awesome place for an emtb...just be cautious with the creek crossings / don't assume these bikes are as waterproof as logic would imply.....the next day my bike developed an intermittent power loss issue

7B4297FD-91AF-4211-AAAF-B507FC1EAED9.jpeg

CjP

PRIME TIME
Subscriber
Jan 1, 2019
Everywhere
awesome place for an emtb...just be cautious with the creek crossings / don't assume these bikes are as waterproof as logic would imply.....the next day my bike developed an intermittent power loss issue

View attachment 24871
You must of been going too slow...
I hammered through them! ? I will be applying a whole tube of grease this time around though. Might actually silicon it shut lol

aussieskier

Feb 4, 2019
Melbourne, Australia

View attachment 24871
Yeah last year one of the big log river crossings on the delatite trail was down so you had to push through the water, was fine on the rental Trek, I don't think it got up to the motor though.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles