Northern California riders

tacoma22

Dec 8, 2019
California
Cheers. I am on the peninsula, but where are the good ride spots up in the Folsom area?
We like to go to granite bay..lots of different stuff there. Lots of cool rock rolls/ slabs to mess around on. Some single track around lake natoma can be fun as well. Other than that we usually go up to Sly park, Georgetown, Tahoe.

tacoma22

Dec 8, 2019
California
I’m pretty new to the eBikes. And most of the trails I was riding were illegal anyway, so I am of the thought process, Who cares if it’s double illegal? Lol
I kinda wonder if you get stopped but have your bike off and you say you were riding with it off. Is it not just a regular bike now? Lol. But Yeah no one seems to care anywhere I go.
Actually I am seeing a lot more e bikes on trails these days.

kombos

Dec 18, 2019
Arizona
Have some of the same issues here around Phoenix. There are some discrepancies over whether we can ride on Forest Service land and other metro park area. Some bike shops have told me perfectly legal, some riders say not allowed, and another bikr shop told me technically illegal but advised that if someone said something to just keep on pedaling....

Am seeing a few more EMTBs out though....

Offtimes

Jan 21, 2020
California
Just jumped onto the e-bike bandwagon, transitioned from an "enduro-bro". Most of my riding is in where I refer to as the golden triangle: Downieville, Tahoe, and Georgetown, with most rides in Auburn. Already have a solid group of e-riders to rip with (we're all e-responsible middle aged adults), and it's always fun to meet other shredders.

Last edited:

tacoma22

Dec 8, 2019
California
Just jumped onto the e-bike bandwagon, transitioned from an "enduro-bro". Most of my riding is in where I refer to as the golden triangle: Downieville, Tahoe, and Georgetown, with most rides in Auburn. Already have a solid group of e-riders to rip with (we're all e-responsible middle aged adults), and it's always fun to meet other shredders.
Hey those are the places I love to ride! What kind of bikes are you guys on?

srileo

Apr 11, 2019
San Francisco, CA, USA
Another '10 Levo rider from SanFrancisco here. Been wanting to do longer rides than my 500wh allows. Thinking of a trailwatts battery. I've ridden only in the bay area so far, but looking to go out further afield this season.

dee0en

Feb 5, 2020
California USA
How’s the ride and feel of the Wild FS? Did you run it through the MyO program for a custom paint job?

I’m planning to buy an ebike in the next few months. I’ve short listed the Wild FS, Levo and the YT Decoy 29. Still can’t decide between the 3.

If it matters, my backyard is Folsom, Granite Bay, El Dorado Hills. I ride Sly Park (secret trails), Downieville, Tahoe and Auburn.

Offtimes

Jan 21, 2020
California
How’s the ride and feel of the Wild FS? Did you run it through the MyO program for a custom paint job?

I’m planning to buy an ebike in the next few months. I’ve short listed the Wild FS, Levo and the YT Decoy 29. Still can’t decide between the 3.

If it matters, my backyard is Folsom, Granite Bay, El Dorado Hills. I ride Sly Park (secret trails), Downieville, Tahoe and Auburn.

I like the Orbea. I purchased the H10, so it wasn't eligible for the MYO paint. Main reasons I went with the Orbea are: 29er, range extender option (exploration rides in the back country), local shop service/warranty, it felt more lively than the specialized I demoed. This is my first aluminum bike in awhile (past 3-4 bikes have been carbon). When the bike weighs in at 50lbs, I don't think I would notice the added weight savings of carbon.
The e-bike crew I ride with is growing. We used to do Tuesday night analogue rides, but we recently switched it up to Wed night ebike rides and usually have at least 3-4 riders. We also ride weekends and get more people to join. We're putting together an ebike team for CES this year... Norcal EMTB powered by Roseville Cyclery.

danrodcr

Jan 9, 2020
Virginia USA
I like the Orbea. I purchased the H10, so it wasn't eligible for the MYO paint. Main reasons I went with the Orbea are: 29er, range extender option (exploration rides in the back country), local shop service/warranty, it felt more lively than the specialized I demoed. This is my first aluminum bike in awhile (past 3-4 bikes have been carbon). When the bike weighs in at 50lbs, I don't think I would notice the added weight savings of carbon.
The e-bike crew I ride with is growing. We used to do Tuesday night analogue rides, but we recently switched it up to Wed night ebike rides and usually have at least 3-4 riders. We also ride weekends and get more people to join. We're putting together an ebike team for CES this year... Norcal EMTB powered by Roseville Cyclery.
Hi, I am considering the 2020 Orbea Wild FS H20. What is the weight of yours?? Any reference on the battery extender? Did you try the Levo 2020 before deciding on the Orbea? Thanks for your insights!

tacoma22

Dec 8, 2019
California
I’d love to come out for a ride! You friends with Eddie? He works at roseville cyclery

Offtimes

Jan 21, 2020
California
I’d love to come out for a ride! You friends with Eddie? He works at roseville cyclery
I can't say I know Eddie, but Oliver (roseville cyclery owner) rides with us. You should join us sometime. Are you on facebook? There's a group on there that ride notices are posted.

Offtimes

Jan 21, 2020
California
Hi, I am considering the 2020 Orbea Wild FS H20. What is the weight of yours?? Any reference on the battery extender? Did you try the Levo 2020 before deciding on the Orbea? Thanks for your insights!
In size XL without pedals or the range extender it weighs 55lbs 13oz; she's a big bitch. I did a parking lot test between the levo and the Orbea, ultimately I liked the Orbea. I haven't received the range extender yet, it's been on order for almost a month now.

dee0en

Feb 5, 2020
California USA

Thanks for the insights! I’m also leaning towards the Wilds FS close contender to it is the YT Decoy 29. Once I purchase my ebike, I’ll hit you guys up and join you in your group rides!

Offtimes

Jan 21, 2020
California
Thanks for the insights! I’m also leaning towards the Wilds FS close contender to it is the YT Decoy 29. Once I purchase my ebike, I’ll hit you guys up and join you in your group rides!

I would look closely at the Norco ebikes too; excellent bikes. Keep in mind that ebike motors do have their faults (all of them), so it would be a good idea to have a LBS to work with on warranty service.

danrodcr

Jan 9, 2020
Virginia USA
Hi. I am considering the ORBEA WILD FS H20. What is your H10 weight? Do you like it over the Levo Comp? Thanks.

OMLLENADO

Oct 8, 2019
CALIFORNIA
Just logged in again. Anyone around Bayarea, Santacruz Soquel Demo flow is prime. Been riding there every week now. Last sunday there were 7 of us with E-mtb

tacoma22

Dec 8, 2019
California
Rode auburn today. Ended with 27% remaining. 500wh. 15/25 eco 35/45 trail 90/90 turbo.

Amazing what the 700wh can do. Two of the guys had them. Both ended with roughly 51% remaining.

I was smoked! Wouldn’t have wanted to ride any further

556E766F-0568-4D78-AF29-CA0693A44AEE.png

Rittiman

Patreon
Mar 17, 2020
El Dorado Hills
Tacoma22 - Just bought a 2020 Kenevo Expert last weekend and live in El Dorado Hills haven't even had a chance to ride it yet. If you are looking for people to ride with let me know be interested in finding others in the area with ebikes. In the past, I had a Santa Cruz Nomad and would ride Folsom Lake Browns Raven, Granite Bay, Auburn, and Downieville. Really looking forward to riding the Kenevo and getting more laps on the trials the bike is pretty impressive.

dee0en

Feb 5, 2020
California USA
Tacoma22 - Just bought a 2020 Kenevo Expert last weekend and live in El Dorado Hills haven't even had a chance to ride it yet. If you are looking for people to ride with let me know be interested in finding others in the area with ebikes. In the past, I had a Santa Cruz Nomad and would ride Folsom Lake Browns Raven, Granite Bay, Auburn, and Downieville. Really looking forward to riding the Kenevo and getting more laps on the trials the bike is pretty impressive.

Hi Riitiman, i live in EDH too. Bought a 2020 Orbea Wild FS. Haven’t had a chance to ride it too due to the rains and swapping some parts of my previous bike (2019 Ibis Mojo HD4) to the ebike. Interested in riding with other ebikers too in the area. I’ve ridden the same trails as well.

Can’t wait to get more laps on my ebike.

By the way, there’s also an FB group for ebikes created by Roseville Cyclery. Thought you might also be interested in joining that group. I’m not a group admin but just a lurker to catch up on scheduled group rides.

Rittiman

Patreon
Mar 17, 2020
El Dorado Hills
Hi Riitiman, i live in EDH too. Bought a 2020 Orbea Wild FS. Haven’t had a chance to ride it too due to the rains and swapping some parts of my previous bike (2019 Ibis Mojo HD4) to the ebike. Interested in riding with other ebikers too in the area. I’ve ridden the same trails as well.

Can’t wait to get more laps on my ebike.

By the way, there’s also an FB group for ebikes created by Roseville Cyclery. Thought you might also be interested in joining that group. I’m not a group admin but just a lurker to catch up on scheduled group rides.

Hit me up if you ever want to ride any in EDH might go out to Granite Bay are this afternoon for a few hours if interested.

Dee Scee

Dec 21, 2018
Berkeley
Rode auburn today. Ended with 27% remaining. 500wh. 15/25 eco 35/45 trail 90/90 turbo.

Amazing what the 700wh can do. Two of the guys had them. Both ended with roughly 51% remaining.

I was smoked! Wouldn’t have wanted to ride any further

View attachment 26815
that is a fun loop - 2017 levy 500wh battery - did the whole climb up clementine from under the bridge to the ridge in eco. but i had like 30% left. next time i won't be so hard on myself! looks like you lapped culvert ya? rode the second half with a couple older dirt bike guys on 2017 levos from folsom.
IMG_5457.PNG

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles