Tesla Cybertruck

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Visually .... probably not what anyone was expecting ! :eek:

Not sure if bikes will go over the gate like most pickup trucks ?

The more you look at it ... the more it seems to become visually acceptability.. maybe ...

tesla1.jpg

tesla2.jpg

This article has the most pictures : 47, if you click the link off the first image.

https://www.motortrend.com/news/tesla-cybertruck-electric-pickup-engineering-manufacturing

Paul Mac

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Subscriber
Jul 9, 2018
Uk
I love Teslas, this truck looks strangely like a Delorean.
I bet it grows on you, Elon is trying to make a truck that breaks the traditional mould.

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
I just threw up in my mouth .............. ewww
If you're the kinda guy who can keep it in their mouth ... you're allowed a ride in one ! :)

I was a bit gobsmacked when I first saw it .. and wondered if it was a spoof.. or a cover they were going to take off ....

Strangely ... I quite like a now .. :rolleyes:o_O:censored::sick::unsure:

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
It kinda feels to my twisted senses, like a mix of the delorean hovercraft (open back) crossed with the wooden bodied Africar ...

delorean.jpg

africar.jpg

Orbea QC

Patreon
Jun 4, 2019
Surrey, UK
I've waited months for this to be launched...I can't lie I am disappointed, the early pictures were far better...
tesla_pick_upweb.jpg

They have released shots of the designing of it though...
m7ywwbx3m6041.jpg

Luckily Hyundai have launched a really impressive looking truck called the 'Santa Cruz'
Hyundai-Santa-Cruz-Crossover-concept-101.jpg

Hyundai-Santa-Cruz-Crossover-concept-102.jpg

Hyundai-Santa-Cruz-Crossover-concept-103.jpg

notes

Nov 21, 2019
Sydney, Australia
In fact my only real concern with the truck is - where are the crumple zones if this bullet proof stainless steel panel work is so tough? Won't this reduce safety and prevent it from being sold in many markets?

Rich-EMTB-UK

E*POWAH Master
Aug 11, 2019
UK
Visually .... probably not what anyone was expecting ! :eek:

Not sure if bikes will go over the gate like most pickup trucks ?

The more you look at it ... the more it seems to become visually acceptability.. maybe ...

View attachment 22019

View attachment 22018

This article has the most pictures : 47, if you click the link off the first image.

How Tesla's Cybertruck Turns Car Engineering Norms Upside-Down - Motor Trend
Looks like something a 5 year old would draw.

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
It keeps growing on me ...

When I first saw it I was momentarily in a coma ...

My synapses have now completely accepted it as ok. To the point, that as others have said, it makes the run of the mill stuff look like boring children's toys.

It's moved the acceptable boundaries so far that instead of all new cars looking the same, all existing pickups look the same.

Pickups always have body strength issues because the bed isn't buttressed up. A few have tried, but they always look dated. Tesla seem to have somehow made a 1970's sci-fi pickup actually work as a "now" look.

The stainless panels are flat, so easy and cheap to make. But have to be thick to be strong as they don't gain any strength from being curved. They've had to compensate for this by making the body shape stronger, hence the buttressed bed and so on.

I thought rivian were so far ahead with looks that anything else would look dated for years to come .. now it just looks like a well polished F150/Ram/generic pickup.

I do love @Jay8Miller 's paint sketch though :)

Be interesting to see what it actually looks like when they make them.. Wheels quite often determine how a vehicle looks and there's no way they can stick those things on a real vehicle and expect them to survive .. unless they're rubberised ?!

It's even more retro futuristic than one of the logan's run's vehicles ..

logan.jpg

Slowroller

Founding Member
Jan 15, 2018
Wyoming
Eww, just no. While I like the stainless concept for low maintenance and rugged skin, all I can think of when looking at all those sharp edges and corners is how much fun they'll be to bang into.

I'll take one of these in a AWD version though

Fivetones

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Feb 11, 2019
Cheshire
If this is released in numbers it will sink Tesla. It won’t be widely available though is my prediction.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles