My new Levo Carbon Comp, what a machine !

dobbyhasfriends

🌹Old Bloke 🎸
Subscriber
Sep 19, 2019
Llandovery, Wales
well after whinging about my battery life yesterday I got home early from work today and did a completely different ride. I only had an hour and a half before sunset so I just went for a blast.
I hot some trails i used to ride on the enduro bike, there were some climbs there over bedrock sheet and loose rock that can give you issues on an MX bike. Some of the technical climbs are impossible on a normal bike but today I got up them all. There were also loads of technical descents as well and I had a couple of panic moments where I missed the dropper lever and had to take my eye off the trail to hit it but I should get usde to that.. I spent most of my time in trail or turbo intending to use all the battery but 2 hours later and having taken in some great trails that I havent done since I sold my MX bike I got back in the dark and had 20% left.

but yesterdays battery disappointment is forgotten because of the fun I had on it today, it was honestly one of the best rides ive ever had.
climbing, descending, cornering were all unbelievable. The stability of the bike is superb and im only just scratching the surface..

incredible machine

EDIT: the only problem im having is the chain jumping on the rear cassette, it only seems to do it in certain gears and randomly. I can be in a gear for ages and suddenly it jumps, everytime it happens I wince expecting the chain to break :D

Last edited:

Jeffw

Mar 2, 2019
North West
Going for mine tomorrow. And i still can't make my mind what i will come out with!

Comp or Expert. But if its the comp, i'll upgrade the brakes to Hope's. But the Expert looks so good and has the Fox suspension. They have both in medium

I have to promise myself NOT to make eye contact with the Kenevo Expert though....

don't do it.....

Jeffw

Mar 2, 2019
North West
I know, i know :) - but i've just handed my 2018 Kenevo back due to loads of problems and Spesh have been good enough to fully refund what i paid.

I know i won't be so unlucky with the e-bike this time (fingers crossed). But that new one is verrrrry nice. I keep thinking it may be a bit much for my riding needs....

But i feel weak. I need a doctor. I have Kenevo-itis.....

CjP

PRIME TIME
Subscriber
Jan 1, 2019
Everywhere
I know, i know :) - but i've just handed my 2018 Kenevo back due to loads of problems and Spesh have been good enough to fully refund what i paid.

I know i won't be so unlucky with the e-bike this time (fingers crossed). But that new one is verrrrry nice. I keep thinking it may be a bit much for my riding needs....

Look at it like a Levo Evo as that’s really what it is.
Does that help?

dobbyhasfriends

🌹Old Bloke 🎸
Subscriber
Sep 19, 2019
Llandovery, Wales

I was planning the same thing with the brakes but I thought I would just wait and see how the Guides were and ive been pretty happy with them so far.. I wish I had got a 700w battery

Jeffw

Mar 2, 2019
North West
yes, the 500 battery on the Kenevo died on me, so i did'nt want the Kenevo comp as that had the 500 also.

But the Levo Comp and Expert have the 700 battery, as has the Kenevo Expert. That's a given along with the 2.1 motor. Only thing is i've never yet ridden a 29-er and been happy with the 27.5 wheels. Perhaps time for a change. We'll see

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles