Article 2020 Specialized Kenevo Review

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
The Specialized Kenevo is a 180mm travel bomber, set for downhill or full enduro blasts and big terrain. I wanted to find out if it was actually any good as an all rounder. With that slack geometry, big travel and weighing in at 24.5KG, it’s no lightweight whippet.

Although it looks nothing like Specialized’s new Enduro regular pedal bike, it’s based on the 2020 Enduro geometry and suspension design. Coming in at 520mm reach in S5 it’s the first ebike from Specialized to break the 500mm reach barrier.

Check out the video above and comment below on what you think.

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
You kind of get the feeling he likes it ! :)

Great video Rob. I take it that's a different camera ? The on bike footage has the full "Star wars" effect. Looks amazing.

Thanks for throwing a crash in too :)

#lazy

E*POWAH BOSS
Oct 1, 2019
Surrey
Great review , my TCU on the comp has been playing up recently , it seems to have a mind of its own . It’s going in for a checkup and hope a firmware update can fix it !

MattyB

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jul 11, 2018
Herts, UK
Is there a way of diy waterproofing the TCU?
This problem is somewhat ridiculous given the well documented issues with waterproofing on the Levo TCU; surely given a clean slate for the Kenevo they could have improved it? For £7k I don’t just want “excellent customer service” when things go wrong; I’d like a reliable product out of the box thanks.

We all know the motors of most brands have some reliability issues, but basic problems with electrics aren’t acceptable IMO when you are paying such huge amounts. It’s a mountain bike, it’s going to get wet and muddy so design for those conditions!

Last edited:

RoJo

Apr 24, 2019
Surrey
Fantastic review Rob. I'm keen to try it.
You mentioned the issues you had with setting the rear shock - what handing characteristic were you trying to dial out (or was it just that you hated the position of the rebound knob)?

CjP

PRIME TIME
Subscriber
Jan 1, 2019
Everywhere
Are people checking if the screw is done up tight? I’ve thoroughly washed my bike with a pressure washer quite a few times now as it’s been muddy here. Haven’t had any faults happen. I do make sure that particular screw is tight though after reading all the issues.
Was thinking of making a thin rubber gasket for it just in case.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles