Live from EuroBike 2018

Ryder

Apr 24, 2018
UK
TQ looks interesting. Looks like it is the diameter of a chainring. If so should not affect geo too much.

Rob are RM there? If so do the have the 2019 Powerplays?

Jan 29, 2018
Nottingham
@Rob Hancill ask all of the big companies, how can they fly their bikes with batteries (assuming they do it)?

Cargo aircraft only for anything over 160wh. Even then, you have to be fully trained in the packaging and labeling of the battery / bike and sign various dangerous goods forms. I had to sit through 2 days worth of training just to be able to do it. You then have to find a courier who will set up a dangerous goods account without charging 2x as much as a battery (I've just had a quote for £800 for a battery to australia, or £450 for a bike w/battery)

So in short - quite easy for a company to do it. Personal use, not so much.

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
New Muck Off Ebike cleaning range:

https://www.cyclingweekly.com/news/...eals-new-e-bike-product-range-eurobike-385691

image.jpeg

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Can’t see any weight info yet, but if thing is sub 18kg and and has an equivalent range to other systems but forsaking a boost mode/if you don’t need a boost mode then seriously interesting

Ryder

Apr 24, 2018
UK
Very exciting. I wonder if Focus will move to this in their full sus bikes (they already use it in the Raven2)

Mabman

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Feb 28, 2018
Oregon USA
That is much better as far as looks go but at least where I ride, and for how long I usually want to ride, the Fazua system with the small wh battery just won't do the job. I guess I am not as interested in "autonomous" stealth e bikes as I came out of the e closet years ago and don't really care if someone recognizes my bikes as such. With tech moving at such a fast pace I prefer to let it all hang out and preserve the ability to adopt new tech as it comes along and not have to buy a whole new bike rather than just changing out a component or two.

Sure I would like as light a bike as possible but I generally find that if you compensate for it via watts available weight is not as much of an issue as long as you can still heft the bike easily enough over obstacles too large to ride over which any bike in the 45-50lb. range seems fine with. I can still ride all my bikes without power if I run out of battery on a ride and yes it is harder due to the weight involved but totally doable as I am not too proud to push for a bit if I have to.

I don't see allowance like the Jam bikes for putting on a range extension battery, but on another forum a suspension expert raised the question about suspension settings with regards to putting another battery and however many lbs. it will add affecting them. I guess you can reset for sag but it really goes deeper into the system as to how the suspension reacts with or without the extra weight aboard. I ride hardtails so it is not as much of a problem for me.

OldBean

E*POWAH Elite
Patreon
Apr 28, 2018
East anglia
Please ask Focus why we cant easily remove battery and charge it off the bike.....ie during winter and when touring away from home where security could be an issue?

these shows can be HUGE you need a segway to get round everything.
Enjoy.

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
Please ask Focus why we cant easily remove battery and charge it off the bike.....ie during winter and when touring away from home where security could be an issue?

these shows can be HUGE you need a segway to get round everything.
Enjoy.
Focus are not here (there’s a few Focus bikes, Schwalbe (if I remember) have one for tyre demos.

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Rob, can you try can check out the Orange stand, i believe they have a fulls suss E-Bike and a new slack hardtail E-Bike?

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
Rob, can you try can check out the Orange stand, i believe they have a fulls suss E-Bike and a new slack hardtail E-Bike?
They do have a full suss E Alpine, that one?

Met briefly with them yesterday, the Hardtail is a protoype that they’re not sure if they are bringing to market. Will try get more details ?

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Yes the Alpine E - i know its been out this year but so little info on it - might be a good one for you to do a test ride video on when you are back in UK?. The hardtail really interests me though, i saw some info on it on Singletrack.

stw-2018-07-10-DSC03295-730x487.jpg

stw-2018-07-10-crush-e-geometry-730x456.jpg

stw-2018-07-10-DSC03297-730x487.jpg

Kiwi in Wales

Short cranks rule!🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carmarthen, Wales
I’m there.

Anyone you want me to go see, any questions you want me to ask let me know. Suffice to say I’ll be filming it and my aim is to release a daily VLOG ?
Did you find anything on the long lasting chain front?
Any Range extenders from BMZ?
Any mention of LifePO4 cells being used?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles