Anybody ride in S.C. or WNC?

Crawford919

Aug 7, 2019
USA
Anyone around my neck of the woods?
I’m in central NC. What’s the vibe like as far as ebike’s in Pisgah and similar trails in western NC? I’d love to ride some out there but not sure what’s allowed. I’ve ridden in TN and had good feedback from the locals.

CarolinaCrawler

Jan 30, 2023
North Carolina
I am getting ready to purchase 2 ebikes for my wife an I and we live in WNC. I'm compiling a list of places currently that are ebike friendly around us. There are more friendly than not, the main ones that are not are Dupont and Pisgah.

Dupont is kind of confusing. NC state parks have deemed ebikes as bicycles and not motor vehicals but Dupont does not allow them at all. Not even on the gravel roads!

There's even a petition to change the rule, but its not gaining traction.

I live very close to Pisgah and some of my favorite places to ride are there. I really would love it if they changed their mind and stay hopeful for the future.

@Gutch How is the riding in SC? I bet there's some out toward the Greenville area.

CarolinaCrawler

Jan 30, 2023
North Carolina
Ive been riding a bunch of local places and most are ebike friendly but I really would like to ride some long distance single tracks (think pisgah).

Most of the local places the trails are 4-5 miles at the most. I really would like to ride a 15-18 mile round trip trail ride. I just can't find a place thats legal to do that.

Zubius

Nov 30, 2021
NC, USA
Ive been riding a bunch of local places and most are ebike friendly but I really would like to ride some long distance single tracks (think pisgah).

Most of the local places the trails are 4-5 miles at the most. I really would like to ride a 15-18 mile round trip trail ride. I just can't find a place thats legal to do that.
Not sure where you're located but Lake Norman State Park has about 30 miles of pretty nice trails AND Mountain Creek Park has close to 20..

All trails maintained by Tarheel Trailblazers are EBike friendly;

CarolinaCrawler

Jan 30, 2023
North Carolina
Not sure where you're located but Lake Norman State Park has about 30 miles of pretty nice trails AND Mountain Creek Park has close to 20..
I'm about 20 minutes from both places. I ride Mountain Creek probably twice a week and love it. I usually do 12 miles there per trip. I did one 24 mile trip testing the distance I could go on a single battery. I got back to the parking lot with 1%. lol

I've been to Lake Norman twice and I must not be riding the good trails there because I didn't really have any fun. It seems to just be peddling through the woods. With it and Mountain Creek being the same drive it makes it a no brainer.

You can definitely tell the trails at Mountain Creek were built by riders because they flow so well. That place also drains really well too. I bring the whole family out there a couple times a month.

I am just really looking for a Pisgah-eque ride that would be a pedal up and ride down 10-15 mile loop. I think I may check out Weed Patch Mountain Trail. I'm pretty sure its ebike friendly.

D4B60EE0-71E8-4B7B-AB46-248B4E4F920F.jpeg 909D63BC-32CD-4319-ACB5-189033A2DBFC.jpeg 14D4AB37-6D10-4840-9202-686BA23DF488.jpeg

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles