Status
Not open for further replies.

Al Boneta

Dark Rider
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
California
You’ll find out October 2nd. Can one order then and receive it as soon as February 8th, possibly.
It looks like a Levo not an Enduro. It has 170mm in the rear not 185mm.
I also own a 20 Enduro. There is no way they could have used the Enduro shock layout and had any room for the motor.
It will “leak” on Oct 1st. I have seen the bike in person. I have photographed the bike.
I think with the other 180mm travel bikes on the market, people were expecting something different.
I have to agree with @p060064h on this

Ace Freely

Jul 31, 2019
Wenatchee, Wa
I also own a 20 Enduro. There is no way they could have used the Enduro shock layout and had any room for the motor.
It will “leak” on Oct 1st. I have seen the bike in person. I have photographed the bike.
I think with the other 180mm travel bikes on the market, people were expecting something different.

...will you be buying one?

Ace

Al Boneta

Dark Rider
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
California
...will you be buying one?

Ace
No, because I have been riding my 2020 S-Works in all of the same places I rode my Kenevo and other than the bike park the Levo is just better.
I prefer 29” wheels and with stiffer single crown 180mm forks already available like the Mezzer and upcoming ones like the Fox 38, it doesn’t make much sense to me.
When I dumped the Öhlins coil shock for the DVO air shock on my current Kenevo, the travel went from 180mm to 190mm. I could have stuck a 40 or a Boxxer on there but it wasn’t worth building a new front wheel or the shitty handling at low speeds and climbs that dual crowns are known for.
I ordered 15 of them for the shop, because for some guys it will be the magic bullet.
This is pretty conservative for my shop, but when the Kenevo first arrived we couldn’t keep them in stock. The only complaint was the price. I went too heavy on comp
Models and when the 19 Levos hit the floor the Kenevo sales disappeared.

Rusty

E*POWAH BOSS
Jul 17, 2019
New Zealand
I was told today the bikes all are boxed up at the factory ready to be shipped out.
They were shipped a while back for most markets as due to the batteries are sea freight. Expected to be in country before they are announced to the dealers from all account.

Al Boneta

Dark Rider
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
California
They were shipped a while back for most markets as due to the batteries are sea freight. Expected to be in country before they are announced to the dealers from all account.
USA will be December since there are plenty of 19s still on closeout

Rusty

E*POWAH BOSS
Jul 17, 2019
New Zealand
A perfect reason to hold off - don't want to discount unless absolutely critical.

It will be interesting to see if that holds after a bunch of 2020 models are dropped in October.

Al Boneta

Dark Rider
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
California
A perfect reason to hold off - don't want to discount unless absolutely critical.

It will be interesting to see if that holds after a bunch of 2020 models are dropped in October.
I have been doing massive discounts on all remaining Kenevo inventory just to free up space and dollars.
Maybe if the 20 Kenevo comp comes in a cool color I may build one up as a spare when friends come over.

Al Boneta

Dark Rider
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
California
Cool, at least it has two wheels
I’ll show the whole photograph when I am in no danger of being sued into oblivion
But I had to hide the pinion gearbox, belt drive and SRAM AXS controlled Rock Shox fork and shock. Not to mention the new Specialized massage saddle with layback command post.

Kiwi in Wales

Short cranks rule!🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carmarthen, Wales
Unless they put the Mahle motor in it
Mahle motor with....
1. The same IP67 rating as the Creo ( This is needed in the UK due to our wonderful weather conditions)
2. The same power rating as the Brose 2019
3. The same 700wh battery as the 2019

;)

Last edited:

Eduardoramundo

Aug 8, 2019
Glasgow

Is there going to be two models or three?

stevessub

Sep 17, 2019
Newcastle upon Tyne
Is the suspension a similar setup to levo or is it like this
71022185_2384751288519410_388880679875641344_n.jpg

Al Boneta

Dark Rider
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
California
...any surprises to the motor? 2.1 or something else?

Ace
It’s the same 2.1 motor.
But I suspect the next gen Bikes will have a completely new Specialized designed motor that will be smaller to allow for more design freedom.
We could see a massive weight reduction from a bunch of manufacturers with the next generation of Emtbs.
35lb complete bikes with motors that are far more efficient so you no longer need battery capacity over 500wh

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Marzocchi Forks on the Comp and Dual Crown on the Expert = I’m out!

But when we finally see it ... if everything else ticks all your boxes and gives you the "wow!!" .. Depending on that you wanted, you could sell the Marzipan's and put on whatever you actually wanted or sell the Dual Crown's and put on whatever you wanted ...

Eduardoramundo

Aug 8, 2019
Glasgow
But when we finally see it ... if everything else ticks all your boxes and gives you the "wow!!" .. Depending on that you wanted, you could sell the Marzipan's and put on whatever you actually wanted or sell the Dual Crown's and put on whatever you wanted ...

What pay £6,900 for a bike then start changing bits, nah. I was hoping for a good single crown fork.

Currently the Giant Reign is ticking all my boxes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles