XL v L Giant

Belsyde

Mar 21, 2024
Scotland
Had a Giant Trance E+2 XL 2022 (got stolen). I can't get same model 2022 in XL but can get an L (newer years are too expensive). I'm 6'3 and thought that the XL was compact reach wise.

My question is there is about 28mm reach difference. I could fit a longer stem - put seat back a bit. Will it change the whole feeling of the bike or is it a viable solution?

Any thoughts appreciated.

Frankenbetty

Jun 6, 2020
Llandegla
It won’t feel the same imo. A longer stem will just push you too far forward and don’t forget that you might not get the correct seat post insertion into the smaller frame to get the correct seat height so you’d be looking at a longer seat post with more setback and a longer stem.

Frankenbetty

Jun 6, 2020
Llandegla
The swingarm is the same. Just the main triangle is different between sizes. As in top tube length and seat tube length and sometimes the head tube as well. The numbers don’t sound like much but they make a big difference to the overall size and feel of the bike.
The Giant size chart says a large Trance is between 5.10 - 6.2 so at 6.3 you’re pushing it and it’s an expensive mistake if it’s not right. See if you can have a ride on one as just sitting on one in a shop doesn’t really tell you much

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles