Hi - a new ebike rider here :)

Trek-Rail-eBike

Apr 28, 2024
UK
Hi folks - new UK based member here :)

I've been riding 'proper' MTB's since 2005. Had some mega years with riding buddies doing Wales, Scotland, Peaks, Lake District and my local(ish) trail Cannock Chase.
I had a some time off from riding MTB's when I had my son in 2011, just a few rides here and there. Then got into road cycling for 5 years. Started this to get fitter for MTB stuff but loved it so much I dropped the offroad stuff entirely and was doing 8k miles per year road riding.

Then COVID hit and I was riding with my son a lot, he was about 9 years at this point. Took him to Cannock Chase a few times and he was really enjoying the trails.
Two years ago I got him a full Sus bike (Canyon Neuron) so we could do some of the Trail Centres in Wales, which he loved. He was getting much faster and I couldn't keep up on the hills, just on the downhill sections :ROFLMAO:

Last year we did a Canyon demo day at WindHill Bike Park, mainly to test out their eMTB range of bikes. We both loved the experience and could see the benefit of eMTB's. e.g. A similar workout, just you get more time enjoying the trails (enabling several laps, rather than just one lap).

Fast forward to last week, where I bought two Trek Rails - one for me and the other for him.

I've binged watched lots of eMTB YouTube content, including lot's of Rob's channel :)
Looking around this forum - there is a load of really useful info, so we be learning some more about eMTB's

Our bikes

53675752323_d6ec2f772f_b.jpg

53673561873_bdca0d4b2b_b.jpg

53673700524_a1a11f1718_b.jpg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles