Bluetooth connection

Camstyn

Jun 19, 2019
Kamloops BC
Anyone have issues with getting their smartphone to connect to the bicycle using the E-Tube app? My phone isn’t detecting it, and the manual suggests going to the Bluetooth portion of the settings menu on the bike’s computer but it’s not showing one. I feel like I must be missing something simple.

Eckythump

Founding Member
Jan 16, 2018
North Yorkshire
Coz the Decoy uses the E7000 display you do not connect via the phone settings menu you do it directly from the App.
There is quite a small time window for the bike to connect when you turn it on.
Best way I have found is to open the app, wait for the spinning wheel of doom to stop, hit connect then turn on the bike and it should connect.
If you have any further issues, check in your phones settings. If the Decoy has connected before (something like SCE7000 IIRC) hit forget device then try the above again.

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
The mistake I made was not ensuring that Bluetooth was actually enabled on my phone. :giggle:
Sadly, it's a mistake that I have repeated. :rolleyes:
Even more sadly, more than once! :eek:

Camstyn

Jun 19, 2019
Kamloops BC
Coz the Decoy uses the E7000 display you do not connect via the phone settings menu you do it directly from the App.
There is quite a small time window for the bike to connect when you turn it on.
Best way I have found is to open the app, wait for the spinning wheel of doom to stop, hit connect then turn on the bike and it should connect.
If you have any further issues, check in your phones settings. If the Decoy has connected before (something like SCE7000 IIRC) hit forget device then try the above again.

Got it, thanks. I wasn’t connecting it quickly enough after turning it on.

jbetker

Aug 30, 2019
Boulder, CO
The bike will become discoverable for ~5 seconds after pressing the menu button on the E7000 display. So just short press that button while your phone is searching for the bike.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles